Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

if it's me, and the English pub feel is what i want, i'm heading over to Union Jack's on the corner of Kingston Pike and Northshore.

i'm sure the selection at Union Jack's trumps The Crown and Goose as well.
I like Union Jack's and have thrown cricket there quite often. I hate the location. Great beer selection.

4 dollars for a draft beer is not reasonable IMO. I have done the exotic import thing for a while and they are as expensive, if not more, as other trendy chains like the Flying Saucer. I miss the original Spicey's on the strip next to the electric wizard. That was a great beer collection for its time.
Trendy beers are fine and make great conversation, but in the practical world price is still a concern with many. That said don't many beer lovers think that domestic beers provide a large enough menu that many pretty good beers get overlooked by being price snobbed?

Trendy beers are fine and make great conversation, but in the practical world price is still a concern with many. That said don't many beer lovers think that domestic beers provide a large enough menu that many pretty good beers get overlooked by being price snobbed?
Oh don't get me wrong, I love a good beer and will pay for it if it is worth it. Hell, my avatar should tell you I pay for beer. My complaint about places like Taco Mac and The Flying Saucer is that they have a wide selection but they still charge you an arm and a leg if you want a good domestic. I enjoy places like Union Jacks in Kville and Broadway Brewhouse in Nashville for selection and price. You find a place with Guinness on tap for 2-3 bucks and I will live there.

Back in the day Sunspot had a good Wednesday wine night.

They still do. 1/2 price bottles of wine, as I understand it. Not my favorite spot to eat, though, as my tastes run more toward the carnivorous.

All things considered (price, selection, atmosphere, food quality, etc.), Downtown Grill and Brewery still gets my vote.

Know of any specials at UJ's? I don't remember any. Also, what do they have on tap?

Know of any specials at UJ's? I don't remember any. Also, what do they have on tap?

They generally have 1.00 off something or another every night of the week. Different beers on special each night. They've got probably 20 beers on tap, all import stuff.

Most specifically Chinese. I can't find any good Chinese anywhere close to Knoxville. The best place is in my hometown, Jacksboro. It's a little place called Chinatown Café. Seriously, the best lo mein ever.

Good places I've discovered in Knoxville:

I <3 NY Pizza on Chapman Hwy
Cool place, you're allowed to write non-vulgar stuff on the walls, and the pizza is nothing short of amazing. Road to da bronx is the best.

Used to love the Italian Market and Grill on Kingston Pike, but I think it went out...damn shame.

TD's BBQ on Middlebrook Pike has some of the best BBQ I've had in Knoxville. They also have the best baked beans and potato salad I've ever had.

Copper Cellar has a heckuva burger on cheap Wednesdays.

and

Ye Olde Steakhouse is just amazing. They are a tad bit expensive, but if you can ever afford it, it's the bomb.

The main point of this thread is just to share our favorite places to eat, and of course, if anyone could give me some good chinese advice....this is killing me.

I really haven't seen many myself. Even though it's Japanese instead of Chinese, Nama's Sushi Bar is pretty damn awesome.

I don't know many good chinese places, but the only one I have heard of is Jumbo Buffet in the new Wal-Mart shopping center on Chapman Highway.

Gotta love the south side.

For out west in Farragut area I suggest
Roman's NYC Pizza next to the Dollar Movie in Windsor Square
Sam & Andys on Kingston Pike near Blockbuster
Fuji on Kingston Pike
Lotus Garden on Cedar Bluff not really farragut but oh well

I wish I could remember the name of this diner, but I was only there once over a year ago. It's on Hwy 33 about a mile north of Maynardville on the right coming out of town. They have the best hamburger/cheeseburger around. We were on a motorcycle ride with friends, and it appeared quite a few bikers stopped there. Not gang types, just good guys.

somebody should combine this thread with my eating/drinking thread and then sticky it up to the top of this page.

seriously, this is something we're always talking about and people are always asking about. it would be nice to have one thread we can refer those asking about it to.

somebody should combine this thread with my eating/drinking thread and then sticky it up to the top of this page.

seriously, this is something we're always talking about and people are always asking about. it would be nice to have one thread we can refer those asking about it to.

:rock:

i'd also like to mention for those who want the best BBQ in Knoxville, that M&M Catering has moved to a new location on Middlebrook.

they are about two miles west of their original location at the corner of Middlebrook and Summerwood Dr. it's the old Catinella's restaurant for those familiar with the area.

i'd also like to mention for those who want the best BBQ in Knoxville, that M&M Catering has moved to a new location on Middlebrook.

they are about two miles west of their original location at the corner of Middlebrook and Summerwood Dr. it's the old Catinella's restaurant for those familiar with the area.

Its been a few months, hasn't it? I googled it and drove over to the listed location, yet all that was there was a 12x12 empty shed.

If you like Thai food try Taste of Thai in west Knoxville beside Dick's.

It's a shame the Strip is terrible now because from what I hear it was pretty great back in the day.

Where's the best place to grab a slice of pie? And I just mean places that do by the slice in Knoxville, because every town I've been to usually has a great place, except Knoxville.

VN Store

Back