Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

I finally got to check out RouXbarb last night, and it definitely lived up to its hype. Very quaint and cozy with an exceptionally-involved staff. BYOB. Versatile and adventurous menu -- our table had the crawfish caesar salad, skirt steak, quail, and shrimp and grits. All were fantastic with rich and eclectic flavors. The chef comes to meet and talk to each table.

Bottom line: you won't find anything else like this in K-town, so treat yourself!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good places I've discovered in Knoxville:

I <3 NY Pizza on Chapman Hwy
Cool place, you're allowed to write non-vulgar stuff on the walls, and the pizza is nothing short of amazing. Road to da bronx is the best.

Excellent recommendation. Just came back from there and it was delicious.

As for Mexican in Ktown, I like Chez Guevara. I think some of us might know it my La Paz but it is by far the best in town. Not a fan at all of YOSH. I have always got a better steak at the original cellar. KD, what are your thoughts on Bistro by the tracks??

if you know what your talking about its La Paz

went to 2 places while in Knox this weekend- Gus's and Koi in Market Sq. I would recommend both of them

Buddy wanted to try Red Robin today. Why not?

Place looks great. Folks were friendly.

Burger was great. Fries were not. Not sure what they are doing wrong with the fries, but they taste like luke-warm potatoes. Too 'potatoe-y' tasting. I've spoken to a couple others familiar with the restaurant and they said the same thing about this one.

So, when part of the draw is endless fries and a good burger, I felt I was getting a bit cheated. $13 for a burger, fries, and coke. Everything has to be good for me to pony up that with seemingly 100 other places within a stones throw.

I'll try it again in a month or two when they get into their normal routine. But, for now, it's a solid C in my book.

Burger was great. Fries were not. Not sure what they are doing wrong with the fries, but they taste like luke-warm potatoes. Too 'potatoe-y' tasting. I've spoken to a couple others familiar with the restaurant and they said the same thing about this one.

So, when part of the draw is endless fries and a good burger, I felt I was getting a bit cheated. $13 for a burger, fries, and coke. Everything has to be good for me to pony up that with seemingly 100 other places within a stones throw.

I'll try it again in a month or two when they get into their normal routine. But, for now, it's a solid C in my book.

Where is Red Robin? I'm guessing it's supposed to be like Fudruckers?

if you go back, try the garlic fries..
there awesome

Wow $13? I don't think I could eat enough fries to justify that price. And I'm assuming tip on top?

Yeah, the burgers are all right about $8.99 or $9.99. Couple bucks for the drink and your paper receipt will be roughly $13 plus a tip. Bit high for me nowdays for a burger lunch/dinner.

Plenty of places can beat that

Heck, for the same price, you can get a 6oz steak and a couple sides at Outback nowdays. Or any number of things at other restuarants as they continue to scale back and offer smaller, more sensible portions for a decent price.

I'm sure I'll be back at some point, but it will be when I'm not making the decision. Cheaper and arguably better burgers elsewhere. Also, the atmosphere, while colorful, isn't much more than a wide open room with noise bouncing everwhere. If they are on a wait, the place is a bit louder than typical restaurants.

Now that we've effectively ruined Red Robins business, I also heard that Amerigos is "closing". I don't know if it's one location or the chain though.

VN Store

Back