Cal, Auburn, and Vols all in NIT?

Kentucky would beat Gonzaga 5 out of 10 times.
FYP. Gonzaga definitely deserves that #2 ranking after watching them play. Very focused and disciplined basketball. If Kentucky had a hard time against Florida, Ole Miss and Texas A&M, I'm positive Gonzaga would give them a run for their money.

FYP. Gonzaga definitely deserves that #2 ranking after watching them play. Very focused and disciplined basketball. If Kentucky had a hard time against Florida, Ole Miss and Texas A&M, I'm positive Gonzaga would give them a run for their money.

I agree. Their a good 3 pt shooting team and have more size than people might think, with 4 guys at least 6'10 230 or bigger.

And this is just my opinion, but I don't think Andrew Harrison would fare any better than anybody else Zaga has played at keeping Kevin Pangos in front of him. That dude is good as anybody at breaking a defense down. imo

Last edited:
Let me help you out here, SD. You said the following.

I turned your own logic against you by asking if you were at the game. Which, by your own admission, you were not at the game where you said people who did not attend were not true fans. I was at that game. The fans and players were completely disinterested. You then said to Yankee Vol the following.

So why is it that you would expect another Drill Sergeant to be at the game even if he was in California, yet you wouldn't find a way to be at said game even though you were 2 hours away?

As far as my poll is concerned, I'm a numbers guy. I majored in math and have studied logic my entire life. You were making statements that were backed purely by your opinion so I made a poll and generated data that backed mine and disproved your opinion. You view it as attacking the messenger. I don't see it that way. I think you make ridiculous statements (also called opinions) and present them as fact even when there is data that goes against your opinion.

Maybe you need to answer your own question. My answer to the question is yes, I would go support them and I have done it before.

Of course, now we all know your answer would be no. You were close enough to attend the game and support them in the NIT and did not. You were part of the 16,000. Can't wait to see how you spin this next.

I hope you put baby powder on your hands before you posted this.

Reactions: 1 person
Don Devoe was fired bc that was the first NCAA tourney he had made in seven yrs.....we were picked to win the SEC and finished fourth while getting spangled i. Our one game in the tourney.....he wasn't fired bc of that one tourney but bc of how mediocre the program was.

cool story bro time... My dad was an assistant on Devoes staff.

I hope you put baby powder on your hands before you posted this.
I asked for a description of the scene which you apparently are unable to give since someone who was there might contradict you. As for your lengthy post which you had no trouble composing since it was criticizing me, here are your responses.
On point number 1, if you were there, were you thinking it is pathetic that no more fans than this showed up?

On point number 2, being in Afghanistan and being and as active as he is in this forum, do you not think this fellow drill sergeant would go through hell and high water to see a game in person?

On point number 3, what your poll (actually my poll) proved was that 90% of Tennessee fans are totally apathetic to the NIT. That was a total surprise to me. But with only 4000 at the first round game should have clued me in on that. That is totally illogical.

On point number 4, I am going to see them play Kentucky and contrary to most, I think they can pull the upset!

Just repeating my reply to the post you chose to comment on, that's all! You know, self defense, taught that to a lot of folks.
Self defense? What are you talking about.

Do you really think everyone on this forum is against YOU? You post absurd opinions and statements like they are set in stone facts. I've avoided not replying to you, but honestly man, you freak out any time someone replies to your post even in a positive way. I don't know what you did in the military, and to be honest, I don't care. Just because you were in the military doesn't make you a better teacher, person, or man. I have total respect for those who serve for this country (like my brother who's in the Special Forces), but I have no respect for those who demand respect by acting like a child.

I'll make one last comment. You get way too offended for someone who was in the military and went through basic. Depending on the branch, you'll get called every name in the book.

Self defense? What are you talking about.

Do you really think everyone on this forum is against YOU? You post absurd opinions and statements like they are set in stone facts. I've avoided not replying to you, but honestly man, you freak out any time someone replies to your post even in a positive way. I don't know what you did in the military, and to be honest, I don't care. Just because you were in the military doesn't make you a better teacher, person, or man. I have total respect for those who serve for this country (like my brother who's in the Special Forces), but I have no respect for those who demand respect by acting like a child.

I'll make one last comment. You get way too offended for someone who was in the military and went through basic. Depending on the branch, you'll get called every name in the book.

/drops mic.

Self defense? What are you talking about. Do you really think everyone on this forum is against YOU? You post absurd opinions and statements like they are set in stone facts. I've avoided not replying to you, but honestly man, you freak out any time someone replies to your post even in a positive way. I don't know what you did in the military, and to be honest, I don't care. Just because you were in the military doesn't make you a better teacher, person, or man. I have total respect for those who serve for this country (like my brother who's in the Special Forces), but I have no respect for those who demand respect by acting like a child. I'll make one last comment. You get way too offended for someone who was in the military and went through basic. Depending on the branch, you'll get called every name in the book.
Tsk! Tsk! Go on ignore if you can't handle the battle. Think that's where you've been. Too bad everyone does not think like you stalkers:
"Thank you. Finally an intelligent response to my question. I only had to ask it 10 times. Unfortunately the trust tank is running on fumes around here (with regards to coaches) after Kiffin and the Doolenator.
If I understand correctly, your opinion is that Butch hired Debord to run the offense we are currently running, and believes that coaching in the Big10 will prepare him for the SEC defenses. His NFL experience should help too. Also, he is not a flight risk.
OK. I'll buy that. Nothing to do now but wait to see how it goes. Thank you again for being intelligent."

Tsk! Tsk! Go on ignore if you can't handle the battle. Think that's where you've been. Too bad everyone does not think like you stalkers:
"Thank you. Finally an intelligent response to my question. I only had to ask it 10 times. Unfortunately the trust tank is running on fumes around here (with regards to coaches) after Kiffin and the Doolenator.
If I understand correctly, your opinion is that Butch hired Debord to run the offense we are currently running, and believes that coaching in the Big10 will prepare him for the SEC defenses. His NFL experience should help too. Also, he is not a flight risk.
OK. I'll buy that. Nothing to do now but wait to see how it goes. Thank you again for being intelligent."

wedding-crashers-wtf.gif

1. No idea what you're talking about or where you got that quote from, I've made NO comments on the Debord hire.

2. I gave you well thought out response that wasn't stalker esk at all. You were in the military? Hard to believe with way you are in capable to respond in a decent, or manly mannor. You've been on my ignore list and you will still continue to be there.

3. Can you please respect others around here? You belittle a lot of posters around here, and someone who is ex-military should at least respect others.

4. Age doesn't define maturity. :)

1. No idea what you're talking about or where you got that quote from, I've made NO comments on the Debord hire.

2. I gave you well thought out response that wasn't stalker esk at all. You were in the military? Hard to believe with way you are in capable to respond in a decent, or manly mannor. You've been on my ignore list and you will still continue to be there.

3. Can you please respect others around here? You belittle a lot of posters around here, and someone who is ex-military should at least respect others.

4. Age doesn't define maturity. :)

Your #3 times 10,000.

VN Store

Back