Cal, Auburn, and Vols all in NIT?

You mean THE shocker ?...lord I apologize

This guy?

download.gif

Oh wait, that was the Shockmaster.

Reactions: 1 person
looks like there will be no post season matchups between current and former Vol coaches...here is the way I see it shaping up

Cal-NCAA they have won 6 straight games
Vols- NIT we should get a decent seed if we play 500 ball the rest of the season
Auburn- sitting at home so Bruce can BBQ and cheat with young hot blondes

looks like there will be no post season matchups between current and former Vol coaches...here is the way I see it shaping up

Vols- NIT we should get a decent seed if we play 500 ball the rest of the season

Cal's rpi is 98 and worse than ours.....they have a ton of work to do

Cal's rpi is 98 and worse than ours.....they have a ton of work to do

Yeah they definitely have work to do. I'm kinda curious how they do on the road at Utah Sunday.

I will admit winning 5 in a row is fairly impressive, even in the Wac 12. But its overshadowed, IMO, by the 6 game losing streak right before it. :)

I still think our chances at the NCAAT are better than Cal's. Neither are good.

Auburn has a ton of work to do to make the NIT. They have at least 3 more losses and best case scenario they end the regular season 15-16.

Yeah they definitely have work to do. I'm kinda curious how they do on the road at Utah Sunday.

I will admit winning 5 in a row is fairly impressive, even in the Wac 12. But its overshadowed, IMO, by the 6 game losing streak right before it. :)

Yep it is impressive....if they win against Utah it will be the most impressive of the bunch.....I'm surprised how much the PAC 12 has fallen off

Among those choices, I would like to be in Bruce's shoes

The NIT Bracket Project website I posted has Tennessee as a #6 Seed in the NIT with Oregon State,Michigan and Buffalo

We have to figure out a way to win two more games to be NIT eligible and it is not going to be easy.

If cal auburn and us ends up in the NIT. i hope we have a chance to play both teams. I not then i hope either us or aurburn plays cal. this fan base is going to BOOM and choas will break out.

We have to figure out a way to win two more games to be NIT eligible and it is not going to be easy.
We have to win 17 games to get in the NIT, not 16. Like I've said it's the top 25% of all teams (top 100). It took 17 for Georgetown and West Virginia to get in last year as the last two At Large teams in.

We have to win 17 games to get in the NIT, not 16. Like I've said it's the top 25% of all teams (top 100). It took 17 for Georgetown and West Virginia to get in last year as the last two At Large teams in.

There's no set number of wins to be eligible for the NIT. You have this finite number in your head, and there isn't one. 16 may get them in. It may not. You don't know until it happens.

I think that TN might get into the NIT even if they end up as bad as 15-16. One game over .500 or better and I think that they are NIT locks.

Last edited:
The NIT will want a handful of middle of the road major conference representation to go along with the mid-majors that had good seasons and missed the NCAAT. It will all come down to where TN falls in the list of teams that have missed the NCAAT.

I think that TN might get into the NIT even if they end up as bad as 15-16. One game over .500 or better and I think that they are NIT locks.
There have only been 2 teams out of 160 in the last 5 years get into the NIT Tournament as at large bids with less than 17 wins. 13 of the teams last year were from major conferences to include Arkansas (21-11), Georgia (19-13), LSU (19-13), and Missouri (22-11) from the SEC.
Texas A & M did not get in with an 18-16 record.

VN Store

Back