Cal, Auburn, and Vols all in NIT?

I asked for a description of the scene which you apparently are unable to give since someone who was there might contradict you. As for your lengthy post which you had no trouble composing since it was criticizing me, here are your responses.
On point number 1, if you were there, were you thinking it is pathetic that no more fans than this showed up?

On point number 2, being in Afghanistan and being and as active as he is in this forum, do you not think this fellow drill sergeant would go through hell and high water to see a game in person?

On point number 3, what your poll (actually my poll) proved was that 90% of Tennessee fans are totally apathetic to the NIT. That was a total surprise to me. But with only 4000 at the first round game should have clued me in on that. That is totally illogical.

On point number 4, I am going to see them play Kentucky and contrary to most, I think they can pull the upset!

What scene? I don't understand what you are wanting me to convey to you. Even if I did, you weren't there so you wouldn't know.

I did not think the attendance was pathetic. Fans of a major program who are used to going to the NCAA tournament for years in a row that get snubbed on Selection Sunday don't care about the NIT. My poll proved that. I went to the game because it was a cheap ticket and I had nothing else to do that day.

I really don't care whether Yankee Vol makes it to games or not. I respect him for his service and he doesn't parade it around like you do. You live 2 hours away. That's an easy drive to make to support your Vols that you love so much.

I guess next time you make outlandish claims about the fanhood of those that did not attend, make sure you were in attendance yourself otherwise it can make you look like a hypocrite.

Reactions: 2 people
I asked for a description of the scene which you apparently are unable to give since someone who was there might contradict you. As for your lengthy post which you had no trouble composing since it was criticizing me, here are your responses.
On point number 1, if you were there, were you thinking it is pathetic that no more fans than this showed up?

On point number 2, being in Afghanistan and being and as active as he is in this forum, do you not think this fellow drill sergeant would go through hell and high water to see a game in person?

On point number 3, what your poll (actually my poll) proved was that 90% of Tennessee fans are totally apathetic to the NIT. That was a total surprise to me. But with only 4000 at the first round game should have clued me in on that. That is totally illogical.

On point number 4, I am going to see them play Kentucky and contrary to most, I think they can pull the upset!

Point #5. It's ok to be critical of DT and still love the Vols. He makes mistakes like everyone else. It's ok to discuss them here. He doesn't walk on water. We all want UT to win, but when they struggle, it's ok to discuss it

What scene? I don't understand what you are wanting me to convey to you. Even if I did, you weren't there so you wouldn't know.

I did not think the attendance was pathetic. Fans of a major program who are used to going to the NCAA tournament for years in a row that get snubbed on Selection Sunday don't care about the NIT. My poll proved that. I went to the game because it was a cheap ticket and I had nothing else to do that day.

I really don't care whether Yankee Vol makes it to games or not. I respect him for his service and he doesn't parade it around like you do. You live 2 hours away. That's an easy drive to make to support your Vols that you love so much.

I guess next time you make outlandish claims about the fanhood of those that did not attend, make sure you were in attendance yourself otherwise it can make you look like a hypocrite.

And look like a fool.

It's the NIT.....all it means is both teams had disappointing seasons.

So you think nobody will post a thing about it?

Actually in TN's case, it wouldn't be a disappointing season. It would be around where everybody was expecting it to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
So you think nobody will post a thing about it? Actually in TN's case, it wouldn't be a disappointing season. It would be around where everybody was expecting it to be.
You'll have to excuse them, Thunder Good-Oil. 90% of them thought they would be in the Big Dance after they won a couple of games.

You'll have to excuse them, Thunder Good-Oil. 90% of them thought they would be in the Big Dance after they won a couple of games.

You must be about to go into politics, with the way you dance around questions, contradict yourself, and generally just make crap up.

So you think nobody will post a thing about it?

Actually in TN's case, it wouldn't be a disappointing season. It would be around where everybody was expecting it to be.

People will talk trash back and forth I'm sure but it really doesn't matter at all.....I don't base whether a season is a disappointment based off expectations.....it's either a successful season or not....there is no I between.

People will talk trash back and forth I'm sure but it really doesn't matter at all.....I don't base whether a season is a disappointment based off expectations.....it's either a successful season or not....there is no I between.

Depends what the goal is. Was TN successful when they made their only Elite Eight or was that a disappointment because they didn't win the NC?

IMO if this team does ANYTHING in the post season they aren't a disappointment and the season was a success.

Depends what the goal is. Was TN successful when they made their only Elite Eight or was that a disappointment because they didn't win the NC?

IMO if this team does ANYTHING in the post season they aren't a disappointment and the season was a success.

My success line stops at making the NCAA tourney.....no tourney then the season was a failure

Devoe was fired immediately after he made the NCAAT.

Don Devoe was fired bc that was the first NCAA tourney he had made in seven yrs.....we were picked to win the SEC and finished fourth while getting spangled i. Our one game in the tourney.....he wasn't fired bc of that one tourney but bc of how mediocre the program was.

Don Devoe was fired bc that was the first NCAA tourney he had made in seven yrs.....we were picked to win the SEC and finished fourth while getting spangled i. Our one game in the tourney.....he wasn't fired bc of that one tourney but bc of how mediocre the program was.

I was just pointing out that he was fired despite managing to jump over your line that defines success. So it was a successful, mediocre program.

I think you're mixed up. 90% of us would rather make the NCAA tournament than win the NIT.

If we make the NIT I will watch every game and cheer them on but I won't be happy that we were there instead of the NCAA. They don't list NIT championships when talking about the most successful programs in NCAA history.

I think you're mixed up. 90% of us would rather make the NCAA tournament than win the NIT.

If we make the NIT I will watch every game and cheer them on but I won't be happy that we were there instead of the NCAA. They don't list NIT championships when talking about the most successful programs in NCAA history.

Exactly.

Making it once in seven yrs is not a success.

What if Devoe had gone deeper in the tournament? He wouldn't have been let go if he made it to the Elite Eight or better. That line of success is fuzzy. IMO making ANY post season tournament this year means it was a success.

VN Store

Back