Bloodborne PS4 3/24/15

I think my problem is I get too impatient and quit the game without giving them a fair shot. I barely played ME1 and 2. I got somewhat deep into Fallout 3 but I quit because I just didn't know where to go. And I ran into the same issue with Skyrim that I did with Fallout. I just got lost and didn't know what to do.

That's where I think you might get frustrated with the Souls games or Bloodborne. They literally do not explicitly tell you where to go or what to do.

NPCs will sometimes say where you need to go or what might need to be done, but they don't give you a quest marker on a map (there isn't a map) or a checklist of quests to do (there isn't one of these either). There honestly isn't much dialogue either. You may meet 10 NPCs in the whole game. There aren't any quick time events (push X really fast!). There aren't a bunch of cutscenes or much of a story either (but there is a lot of lore you can discover). Mostly just you and your weapon and a goal of killing monsters.

These games aren't hard. They just punish you for not paying attention and trying to be gung-ho. You must unlearn everything games have taught you over the past decade.

Fortunately, the community with this game is usually very helpful (besides invaders...)

Actually, I would absolutely suggest you get it, and here is why: I apologize if this is tldr.

I got DS1 at launch and hated it because I had become wussified (George Carlin put it more crudely). I sat it down because I was dying as much as I had died in games I played as a child (Battletoads, Contra, and Castlevania)

I had to relearn how to play video games. If you go in swinging like Krotos in God of War, you're dead. You'll NEVER have success in these games if you don't reprogram how you play and approach things.

You must have patience and perseverance. And you will be happy that you did, because I will put my hand on the Bible for the following statement; Of the 15 or so students, friends, and colleagues (even my school's librarian) who actually stuck it out and beat one of these games, the series became the favorite game series for 90% of them.

These games aren't about "when you'll beat it" they're about "if you'll beat it." But I swear, if you do, you'll feel more accomplished than you ever have felt conquering a video game. A true badass.

Did I mention that my 50 year old librarian and her 19 year old daughter have both beat DS, DS2, and Demon's Souls? Haha

That's a really good post. For games lke this, the Dark Souls series, Skyrim, Fallout 3, etc. It really is all about the journey, not the destination. You play games like these to experience them, not to concern yourself with finishing them.

I went to get it and they were sold out for now. Have to go back and pick it up soon. I can't wait.

it looks like a really good game, and difficult, does anyone know around how many hours of game time approx?

it looks like a really good game, and difficult, does anyone know around how many hours of game time approx?

If it is anything like the others, it will be anywhere between 40-60 hours first time through. New Game + in these games is where the real fun begins. This doesn't include PVP or the new Chalice Dungeon.

Target is having a Buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all games next week. I'll probably get this as my 50% off game when I pick up The Show.

Really? When does it start? I may pick this up half off, because I plan on buying BF: Hardline.

I haven't played too many. Fallout 3, a little of Mass Effect and Skyrim. I just get impatient and can't get sucked into them. And they all seem to be hard. Which is my worry with Bloodborne but seeing as it got a 93 on Metacritic, that alone makes me wanna get it.

If you thought FO3, ME and Skyrim were difficult, RUN away from this series. There is nothing difficult about those games. Well, I never played Mass Effect.

If you thought FO3, ME and Skyrim were difficult, RUN away from this series. There is nothing difficult about those games. Well, I never played Mass Effect.

This is true, those games were pretty easy. At least compared to these. They are different kinds of difficult. Those games, when put on the highest difficulty, are mostly just cheap - the enemies one-hit you, see through walls, are bullet sponges, etc. The Souls games are not the same difficult, they're just punishing for being careless. You can beat all of them without leveling up once. I imagine Mass Effect on Insane at level 1 would actually be impossible.

Yeah.....not getting this. After watching streams it honestly seems like you do the same crap over and over again while dying 50+ times in the process. I've never been much for those games anyways. I think I'm gonna pick up The Show and make Dying Light my $30 game. I'm just having so much fun with GTA and Hardline that I don't know when I'll have time to play either. Just hate to pass up on a great deal.

Yeah.....not getting this. After watching streams it honestly seems like you do the same crap over and over again while dying 50+ times in the process. I've never been much for those games anyways. I think I'm gonna pick up The Show and make Dying Light my $30 game. I'm just having so much fun with GTA and Hardline that I don't know when I'll have time to play either. Just hate to pass up on a great deal.

Probably a good idea, it isn't for everyone :p

This game is as good as I could have wished for. Having a blast with it. I can help with the first 3 bosses if anyone needs it. I have a dungeon open although I not sure how those work yet.

This game is as good as I could have wished for. Having a blast with it. I can help with the first 3 bosses if anyone needs it. I have a dungeon open although I not sure how those work yet.

It really is amazing. I have beat three bosses, but not sure if they are the first three. Cleric Beast, Gastiogne (spelling), and some Blood Deprived Beast I think. What level are you and what is your gamertag?

It really is amazing. I have beat three bosses, but not sure if they are the first three. Cleric Beast, Gastiogne (spelling), and some Blood Deprived Beast I think. What level are you and what is your gamertag?

I'm around 25 and its Michael_tSlayer. At Hypogean Gaol right now. Its a pretty scary place. (those crack heads with a spoon and those twisted dragon ball z guys)

Also the enemies I've seen in the dungeons are straight up horrifying. There are some real masterpieces.

I'm around 25 and its Michael_tSlayer. At Hypogean Gaol right now. Its a pretty scary place. (those crack heads with a spoon and those twisted dragon ball z guys)

Also the enemies I've seen in the dungeons are straight up horrifying. There are some real masterpieces.

Okay, I've already got you on there. Have you purchased Ludwig's Holy Sword? It is Dark Soul's Claymore, pretty much.

Yes, the enemy design is top notch!

Well I broke down and bought in to the hype...hopefully I won't regret getting this.

VN Store

Back