Bloodborne PS4 3/24/15

Metacritic average score of 93 with 23 reviews is the highest score for current-gen games on PS4.

Only GTA5 (97) and the Last of Us (95) have a higher average (but they're just remastered versions of previous-gen masterpieces)

Appears to be shaping up to be another classic.

Hopefully people don't overlook it like they did Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Metacritic average score of 93 with 23 reviews is the highest score for current-gen games on PS4.

Only GTA5 (97) and the Last of Us (95) have a higher average (but they're just remastered versions of previous-gen masterpieces)

Appears to be shaping up to be another classic.

Hopefully people don't overlook it like they did Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I'm weary on getting this game but I probably will just because the reviews have been so high.

I'm weary on getting this game but I probably will just because the reviews have been so high.

Why weary? If you haven't played the Souls series, maybe. But if you have, and you enjoyed them, this should be a no brainer haha. Hell, even if you haven't played the Souls series, here's your chance to see what all of the masochistic hype is about (even though they're not THAT difficult, despite what people say).

Why weary? If you haven't played the Souls series, maybe. But if you have, and you enjoyed them, this should be a no brainer haha. Hell, even if you haven't played the Souls series, here's your chance to see what all of the masochistic hype is about (even though they're not THAT difficult, despite what people say).

I've never played a Dark Souls.

I've never played a Dark Souls.

Hmm. Well what action/RPGs have you played?

These games aren't for everyone.

If you played and enjoyed difficult games in the past (Zelda, Castlevania, etc.) that didn't hold your hand or give you quest markers, you may like these games.

If you have only played Skyrim or Dragon Age, this isn't going to be anything like that.

I encourage everyone to try these, but they require more of you than just about anything you've probably played in the past 20 years.

It really is incredible. And incredibly tough. But man is it fulfilling to finally inch a little closer to that next area and finding that much needed shortcut.

Dark Souls was my first, and I walked into it blind, so it was brutal.

Dark Souls 2 was a breeze, unfortunately. But still fun.

Demon's Souls wasn't much of a problem either, but only because I had put 500+ hours into DS and DS2.

Bloodborne has already beat the piss out of me in just the first world. I think I'm in love.

Love this game. It has been very challenging. Father Gas Coin worked me over several times before I learned how to fight him.

Made it to Old Yarnham tonight.

Last edited:
Love this game. It has been very challenging. Father Gas Coin worked me over several times before I learned how to fight him.

Made it to Old Yarnham tonight.

I'm there too. It has been tough up to this point. Have you purchased the Small Resonant Bell?

Target is having a Buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all games next week. I'll probably get this as my 50% off game when I pick up The Show.

Reactions: 1 person
Target is having a Buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all games next week. I'll probably get this as my 50% off game when I pick up The Show.

That's awesome. Bloodborne for $30 is a steal. Did you ever read my question to you a few days ago about your RPG history? I only wonder because I would hate to see you get this game and just be totally pissed off at its unforgivable gameplay haha

That's awesome. Bloodborne for $30 is a steal. Did you ever read my question to you a few days ago about your RPG history? I only wonder because I would hate to see you get this game and just be totally pissed off at its unforgivable gameplay haha

I haven't played too many. Fallout 3, a little of Mass Effect and Skyrim. I just get impatient and can't get sucked into them. And they all seem to be hard. Which is my worry with Bloodborne but seeing as it got a 93 on Metacritic, that alone makes me wanna get it.

Oooh I'm taking advantage! I'll get Bloodborne along with either Far Cry 4 or GTA V. I've been meaning to pick up both of those games!

I haven't played too many. Fallout 3, a little of Mass Effect and Skyrim. I just get impatient and can't get sucked into them. And they all seem to be hard. Which is my worry with Bloodborne but seeing as it got a 93 on Metacritic, that alone makes me wanna get it.

If you got impatient with those three, I'd think twice about this.

Those three games were strolls through the park compared to this series. If there is anything Bloodborne requires, I'd say patience is the number one thing.

I know it got a 93, and it definitely deserves it, but I'd think twice about it, man. Although I think it should be required for everyone of my students because so many of them have grown up playing hand holding games and it frustrates me haha

Actually, I would absolutely suggest you get it, and here is why: I apologize if this is tldr.

I got DS1 at launch and hated it because I had become wussified (George Carlin put it more crudely). I sat it down because I was dying as much as I had died in games I played as a child (Battletoads, Contra, and Castlevania)

I had to relearn how to play video games. If you go in swinging like Krotos in God of War, you're dead. You'll NEVER have success in these games if you don't reprogram how you play and approach things.

You must have patience and perseverance. And you will be happy that you did, because I will put my hand on the Bible for the following statement; Of the 15 or so students, friends, and colleagues (even my school's librarian) who actually stuck it out and beat one of these games, the series became the favorite game series for 90% of them.

These games aren't about "when you'll beat it" they're about "if you'll beat it." But I swear, if you do, you'll feel more accomplished than you ever have felt conquering a video game. A true badass.

Did I mention that my 50 year old librarian and her 19 year old daughter have both beat DS, DS2, and Demon's Souls? Haha

Actually, I would absolutely suggest you get it, and here is why: I apologize if this is tldr.

I got DS1 at launch and hated it because I had become wussified (George Carlin put it more crudely). I sat it down because I was dying as much as I had died in games I played as a child (Battletoads, Contra, and Castlevania)

I had to relearn how to play video games. If you go in swinging like Krotos in God of War, you're dead. You'll NEVER have success in these games if you don't reprogram how you play and approach things.

You must have patience and perseverance. And you will be happy that you did, because I will put my hand on the Bible for the following statement; Of the 15 or so students, friends, and colleagues (even my school's librarian) who actually stuck it out and beat one of these games, the series became the favorite game series for 90% of them.

These games aren't about "when you'll beat it" they're about "if you'll beat it." But I swear, if you do, you'll feel more accomplished than you ever have felt conquering a video game. A true badass.

Did I mention that my 50 year old librarian and her 19 year old daughter have both beat DS, DS2, and Demon's Souls? Haha

I think my problem is I get too impatient and quit the game without giving them a fair shot. I barely played ME1 and 2. I got somewhat deep into Fallout 3 but I quit because I just didn't know where to go. And I ran into the same issue with Skyrim that I did with Fallout. I just got lost and didn't know what to do.

Oooh I'm taking advantage! I'll get Bloodborne along with either Far Cry 4 or GTA V. I've been meaning to pick up both of those games!

Far Cry 4 is actually $30 this week. It'll go back up to $60 for the other sale next week so you could go ahead and grab that one now.

VN Store

Back