Apologists for Black Lives Matter

The war on drugs caused the poverty by sending the fathers to jail? Is that your answer?

So, the fathers would all be in the home now raising their children if they weren't in jail? Why are 70% born out of wedlock? Do they get women pregnant right before they are sentenced or something?

Did they not know they were breaking the law in the drug trade, and that there would be consequences?

Regardless, the war on drugs needs to end. It is a failed endeavor that we keep wasting money on.

Reactions: 2 people
The oppressed is not responsible for situations created by the oppressor.

White dominated America created the current environment of poverty in the black community.
Of the total of black families living below the poverty line, only 13% are headed by 2 parents. 9% are headed by a single man, and 78% are headed by a single female. Therein lies your poverty problem.

I will agree that the Democratic Party created the environment for the fathers to shirk their responsibility, and for the mothers to receive stipends for spitting out babies.

Reactions: 5 people
Of the total of black families living below the poverty line, only 13% are headed by 2 parents. 9% are headed by a single man, and 78% are headed by a single female. Therein lies your poverty problem.

I will agree that the Democratic Party created the environment for the fathers to shirk their responsibility, and for the mothers to receive stipends for spitting out babies.

Right, but the war on drugs is putting hundreds of thousands of Dads behind bars for non-violent drug offenses. Let's help resolve this problem by fixing the law.

Reactions: 4 people
Twist the facts to fit your argument. Early 20th century urban ghettos were predominantly white. Some still exist today. Ever been to certain parts of Boston?

Shoot the projects that are in my little home town of Smithville are 90% white yet there isn't the same level of crime as poor black neighborhoods. My grandmother lived there because she was a single mother rasing 8 kids alone after her husband died. And each of those kids turned out well because they worked hard. None of them went to college except my mom, who became a nurse. They worked in nurseries, factories, grocery stores, whatever and wherever they could pick up odd jobs. If you want to better yourself, d4h, quit waiting on other people to do it for you and go achieve it yourself.

Reactions: 3 people
Right, but the war on drugs is putting hundreds of thousands of Dads behind bars for non-violent drug offenses. Let's help resolve this problem by fixing the law.

On this, you are partially correct. But I as well as many others, which I think is probably a majority, will concede that marijuana law should not have criminal aspects at all. It should be like any heirloom plant such as tomatoes. If you want it, plant non patented seed, grow, use, and give some to friends. Just like we do with any other produce from the garden.

The rest of the smorgasboard of drugs needs to be classed as controlled access with no punitative aspects, much like the Danish experiment.

Reactions: 1 person
Regardless, the war on drugs needs to end. It is a failed endeavor that we keep wasting money on.

Won't ending the war on drugs actually exacerbate the problem? If drugs are legal and can be bought at a dispensary or drug store, how will people who dealt drugs or worked in the drug trade make a living? The narrative is of course there is no work available for them other than the drug trade. So taking that option away will unemploy millions of people. What then?

Won't ending the war on drugs actually exacerbate the problem? If drugs are legal and can be bought at a dispensary or drug store, how will people who dealt drugs or worked in the drug trade make a living? The narrative is of course there is no work available for them other than the drug trade. So taking that option away will unemploy millions of people. What then?

I don't know that narrative.

Either way, you shouldn't throw people in jail to fix unemployment.

It should be noted that unemployment among blacks was plummeting in the two decades prior to the start of the WoD and has basically been stagnant ever since.

I don't know that narrative.

Either way, you shouldn't throw people in jail to fix unemployment.

If there was employment that paid a fair wage they'd take it, no? But since jobs don't pay fair wages the only option is drugs. So what happens when that's not an option anymore?

I agree with all of this except that the black on black crime does effect you because it puts a stigma on law abiding african americans.

I am not saying it fair.

But it does come in to play.

If there was employment that paid a fair wage they'd take it, no? But since jobs don't pay fair wages the only option is drugs. So what happens when that's not an option anymore?

I think you're assuming way too much and not sure what you mean by fair wage. Often times people deal drugs because it's easier than going to school or becoming a workimg stiff, not necessarily because it's the only option.

I think you're assuming way too much and not sure what you mean by fair wage. Often times people deal drugs because it's easier than going to school or becoming a workimg stiff, not necessarily because it's the only option.

Nafta stole alot of fair wage jobs.

I agree about the drug dealer jobs but no hard working single mom should be slaving for ten an hour at walmart.

Never everyone is college material.

But you should be able to live a normal life if you are pulling forty hours a week.

But they are responsible for the actions they take in those situations. Being in a bad situation does not justify wrong actions. Keep passing the blame.

No. But it explains why those people are doing what they're doing. And it also gives me empathy toward them cause I don't know how I would react if I was in the same situation.

I'm not sure how much more wealth redistribution I can stand. Income tax, state income tax, sales tax, property tax, skyrocketing insurance premiums.... meanwhile the folks down the street in the housing project (all colors) sit around all day watching Netflix and smoking dope.

No need to work...section 8 housing gets rent down to $150 month and EBT is about $350 a month. They congregate in groups so they are splitting the rent about 5 ways and pooling the EBT cards together.

They are too "stressed" to work so they get about $800/ month disability. Food is taken care of with the EBT, so the 800 covers he $30 rent (split multiple ways), the Netflix bill and their smart phone bill with plenty left over for beer/weed. Healthcare is covered by Medicaid.

One of them broke all this down for me one day. He said their "stress" disability is referred to as "our Crazy Money" and laughed. Cops are over there a lot for domestic stuff, assault, etc.

So, my question is, how much do I need to increase their crazy money to get them to stop fighting each other and fighting the cops? Should I double it to $1600ish? My wealth redistribution calculator is broken so I'm not sure.

Maybe I could take out a second job to help pull them out of poverty. Only problem is I'm not sure how much more I can work than the 50-60 hours per week I'm putting in now. I have compressed discs and spinal stenosis so I'm not sure how much more I can produce to help these poor people.

My teenage daughter has been working since she was 15. She probably doesn't understand that this ability to work (while taking honors courses in high school with straight A's) is privilege to her and others in her socioeconomic class and that she should just donate it all the the Crazy Money/EBT/Pot Fund to keep those people out of poverty.

So, what exactly would the wealth redistribution look like? Should I sell my home and donate this to the pot fund? Would they use this extra money to buy a freaking condom every now and them...probably not, they get a bump in the check per kid. Especially if they get the kid declared ADHD, then they get a nice bump.

Maybe a better plan would be to cut some of these programs and force people to get off their ass.

Wealth redistribution is alive and well now and anyone that thinks that giving lazy ass people with no drive even more money is going to pull them out of poverty is outside of reality.

Wealth redistribution is the answer you say.....MY ASS is what I say

Gotta run, it's 5:45am and I've gotta go to work

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
The guy that made the video makes no valid points at all. She made smart, valid points. He just uses conservative talking points.

Just because a talking point is conservative or liberal doesn't invalidate the point. Black Americans may be 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police, but they're more likely to commit a crime (5.56x more likely to commit murder).

So I have a hard time seeing issues with the police force (there are many) as issues of racism

What you want me and other black people to do is demonize our own. I'm not gonna do that. The reason there is so much violence in poor urban communities is POVERTY. Not rap music. Not black culture as racists would like to believe.

Rap music is a reflection of the realities in these communities. It's not the cause.

The cause of violence is POVERTY. Poverty induced by a racist socio-economic system that has left black people behind.

If you want to know how I'm helping stop violence in poor urban communities, it's by advocating for wealth and income redistribution. It was by voting for Bernie Sanders in the democratic primary. It was volunteering for the ACLU in advocating for criminal justice reform.

That's how we stop violence in our community and help our people.

It's not by demonizing our people or culture as you want us to do.

Your first statement shows the problem. By not demonizing bad people you accept them. By pushing blame onto anyone else except those who make bad decisions you allow generational mistakes to keep continuing.

I transferred into one the best private schools in Cincinnati as a sophomore. I had 3 buddies who came from the worst projects and ghetto's in this city. 2 from single parent homes, 1 from a 2 parent household.

Now, the one from the 2 parent household was a wrestler, and his dad made it known that Tommy would go to school, he would graduate, and he would wrestle in college. Tommy, who I sh** you not had a group of friends that at 16, had all dropped out of school. Tommy liked being thuggish and a bad boy. He was a good guy, but, his friends were trash. Tommy was a state champion wrestler, and had scholarships to many schools. Tommy decided he wanted to be like his buddies. He didn't go to college, he got involved in coke and distribution and bringing it in across from state lines.

Even with the world open to him and many great options he decided he wanted to be a thug. Nevermind his 2 parents who did everything they could to raise a child with a future, he decided to go another route. No one to blame but Tommy.

Now the other 2 from a single family unit, that were surrounded by less than stellar conditions, kept their heads grounded and decided that their friends were not truly their friends. They concentrated on making sure they did what they could to get out of the crap heaps they grew up in. They spent more time at school, got better grades than Tommy, and they made it a point to distance themselves from the trash surrounding them. Both went on to college, one to an Ivy league school.

What is ironic here, how much crap these guys received from their so called friends and how much crap they took for trying to be better. It wasn't, hey we are happy for you, it was envy and jealousy and some ridiculous black pride hate whitey bs. Those who were giving these guys a hard time didn't concentrate on bettering themselves just trying to tear them down.

So, who is to blame for the life direction made by these 3? No one but themselves. Even with a great family and many options for a bright future, 1 decided to go another route and be like his loser friends and deal drugs. 2 didn't. Why? Personal choices.

Until each individual is held to a standard of individuality, not group think, then nothing is going to change. The choices of the individual made around group think keep repeating the same mistakes over and over perpetuating the same generational mistakes. So, you need to demonize those within the community that keep repeating the same mistakes before anything will change.

Using proportion to the population is a deflection by the people who are falsely outraged. If that number don't fit their jaded mentality they would find a stupid irrelevant number to say "yeah but". The outrage is led by the greedy and followed by the ignorant sheep. The black panther guy mentioning reparations tells the tale of immediate greed. This greed mutes all statements leading up to this asinine solution. Until the black community wakes up, stops being self destructive and pointing a finger at everyone else but themselves, they will continue to be poor. The Irish, Germans, Italians, Asians, etc. didn't rise out of it by blaming others. They actually went to work and had accountability within themselves. D4h, stay asleep to the real issues. That's a you problem.

Why was there so much less violence in the black neighborhoods 50-60-70 years ago than there is now? Was there no poverty then?

Was there no poverty in Appalachia when my parents grew up? They didn't go around killing each other and looting. Before you say Hatfields and McCoys, that was an isolated feud, and had nothing to do with poverty.

Bingo.

D4H wants to demonize white people while refusing to *"demonize" his own.

I grew up in extreme poverty. During the formative years of my life, we lived in public housing amid a large black, poor community. (Despite what D4H would like to infer, I am not racist. Just the opposite, actually. I still consider those neighbors from that time dear friends, and most of them would agree with my stance.) When I got a little older, we moved to the rural mountain communities in Tennessee while still keeping close ties to our old neighborhood.

There were problems in both instances. There was crime in both instances. Poverty breeds crime and ignorance. But the country-bluegrass-music by and large created a community of family values, alcoholism, and a smattering of petty property crime. Hip-hop created a gang-life, violent, woman-exploitative culture.

What D4H doesn't recognize is that in the hip-hop culture, blacks exploit blacks. Yes, I said it. A few blacks have gotten rich by promoting a culture that is destructive to the black communities.

* I never asked D4H to demonize blacks, nor did I demonize blacks. Just the opposite. I believe in black people. I believe that black people are intelligent, industrious, and just as capable of becoming successful, well adjusted members of society as anyone else.

My message was:

You should care about black communities instead of just yourself.

Black communities matter.

Black culture is under attack from within and from without, and I believe there are steps that should be taken to save it.

What's racist about that, and how does that "demonize" black people?

VN Store

Back