Apologists for Black Lives Matter

It's not a cultural crisis. It's an economic and educational crisis.

The reason these young men are turning to the drug trade is because they see no other way out of the life of poverty they grew up in. If America would invest in these inner cities. Give these young kids some other choice then maybe we wouldn't have this infliction.

I know white people just wanna pass this off as a problem with black people and black culture. The reality is the current epidemic of urban violence by young black men was created by a white dominated society that left them behind.

So you as a black man don't care about black on black homicides, but white people should and should pay taxes to fix the problem?

Derp?

Reactions: 3 people
10 billion per year in food stamps is a significant investment. It's a redistribution of wealth I pay towards daily.

Since the civil rights movement, who in the world has done more for blacks than American whites? Black men could vote half a century before white women could.

Meanwhile in places like Congo, Liberia and the Ivory Coast there are black children that would climb Mt. Everest to get to America.

Do we need better schools and outreach programs in areas like Oakland and Chicago? Absolutely. Is there still racism in America? Certainly.

But society and "the Man" isn't forcing black men to not marry their baby mamas. The white man hasn't decreed that 80% of black babies be born out of wedlock. For Pete's sake, there's a 24 hour CVS on every corner.

We're not forcing scores of blacks to refer to each other as the N word.

Most food stamps go to White people. Many rural counties where no Black people live get the majority of their income from the government.

We may have had the right to vote first but they was often blocked by different means. White women still make more money for the same jobs. Lets not even get on the hiring disparity when jobs are between Black or White candidates.

Many people aren't aware of the wealth taken from Blacks during lynchings and the destruction of Black wealth like the Black Wall Street massacre. These events stifled a lot of Black development and independence communities are still recovering from.

Black and White people have single parent homes the same amount in the US. Divorce is counted in the stats now. Children of divorce have been proven to be worse off than kids with two parents who never married. Black people don't feel pressured to get married as much culturally as White people do. We don't get married to someone we don't really love just because of a baby. White people do, then they get divorced a couple years later. Same end result and the kid suffers worse. Studies show Black men actually participate more in their children's lives. We just don't marry someone so its not scandalous.

Poor people in cities around the world commit higher crime than others. It doesn't matter the race or nationality. Due to a bunch of factors over hundreds of years the poor people in the urban areas are mostly Black. Therefore a higher Black crime rate in America.

Reactions: 2 people
k-town, came across this which disputes your claim of same amount of single parent home for black and white

Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center

Shows 66% for black (highest among all groups) to 25% for white (2nd lowest among all groups).

From the link.

Definitions: Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily.
In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation.

This does not include divorce which I factored in. Nor does it include cohabiting parents as two parent households. Unbiased people studying this issue include divorce and account for co-habitation. I addressed Black people not marrying as much. So all families that have both parents in the home but are not married count as single parent homes. This is an outdated perspective that most objective researchers don't use anymore.

Most food stamps go to White people. Many rural counties where no Black people live get the majority of their income from the government.

We may have had the right to vote first but they was often blocked by different means. White women still make more money for the same jobs. Lets not even get on the hiring disparity when jobs are between Black or White candidates.

Many people aren't aware of the wealth taken from Blacks during lynchings and the destruction of Black wealth like the Black Wall Street massacre. These events stifled a lot of Black development and independence communities are still recovering from.

Black and White people have single parent homes the same amount in the US. Divorce is counted in the stats now. Children of divorce have been proven to be worse off than kids with two parents who never married. Black people don't feel pressured to get married as much culturally as White people do. We don't get married to someone we don't really love just because of a baby. White people do, then they get divorced a couple years later. Same end result and the kid suffers worse. Studies show Black men actually participate more in their children's lives. We just don't marry someone so its not scandalous.

Poor people in cities around the world commit higher crime than others. It doesn't matter the race or nationality. Due to a bunch of factors over hundreds of years the poor people in the urban areas are mostly Black. Therefore a higher Black crime rate in America.

13% of the population, 37% of the welfare recipients and 50% of homicides. These are facts. Black Lives Matter Only When Killed By Non-Blacks would be a better name for the movement, although it'd be tough to fit all that on a tee shirt

Reactions: 8 people
From the link.

Definitions: Children under age 18 who live with their own single parent either in a family or subfamily.
In this definition, single-parent families may include cohabiting couples and do not include children living with married stepparents. Children who live in group quarters (for example, institutions, dormitories, or group homes) are not included in this calculation.

This does not include divorce which I factored in. Nor does it include cohabiting parents as two parent households. Unbiased people studying this issue include divorce and account for co-habitation. I addressed Black people not marrying as much. So all families that have both parents in the home but are not married count as single parent homes. This is an outdated perspective that most objective researchers don't use anymore.

Outdated? This is the Census data. Who are these objective researchers (apparently most researchers) who don't use this data anymore?

Further, you can't possibly think that co-habitation differences make up all the differences. 25% vs 66% is a massive difference.

Reactions: 3 people
Also on the divorce data - while black people are less likely to get married there is no appreciable difference in divorce rate among whites vs blacks (% of marriages that end in divorce).

13% of the population, 37% of the welfare recipients and 50% of homicides. These are facts. Black Lives Matter Only When Killed By Non-Blacks would be a better name for the movement, although it'd be tough to fit all that on a tee shirt

Most food stamps still go to White people by a large margin. A higher percentage of Black people receive them. A higher percentage of Black people are born into poverty also. So that is not surprising. Many outside factors have combined to halt Black financial gain and community improvement. You can accept that or act like them being born poor is all 100% self inflicted.

More Black people live in poor , urban areas. There is gang and drug violence in poor urban areas around the world. In our poor urban areas Black people live there. So a higher homicide rate. Its still about only 10% of Black people doing 90 % of the crime. Poor areas breed some career criminals sometimes. Everyone else there is trying to get ahead and avoid the bad 10%. There are countless organizations that fight inner-city violence and try to improve the community. They just don't get media attention like BLM protests. Some of you act like there are no groups doing this.

If the message of BLM continues to be that white people and the police are the problem then BLM will never achieve what it could achieve. The problem is quite complex and chalking it up to one core problem isn't going to persuade many people to buy in

Reactions: 4 people
If the message of BLM continues to be that white people and the police are the problem then BLM will never achieve what it could achieve. The problem is quite complex and chalking it up to one core problem isn't going to persuade many people to buy in

Exactly. "Help us make things better." Will go a lot farther than "Fix this problem for me." And until the talk gets away from the later of the two, it won't matter very much. To take that a step further, if it does garner support its not gonna fix the problem by itself.

Reactions: 1 person

It will stay the same. BLM is not comprised of big thinkers and or people looking for honest solutions.

It is a bunch of Obamas without the ivy league degrees.

Reactions: 7 people
Basically, Black Lives Matter when the cops are involved. Othersise it doesn't affect me.

No he means "some black lives matter, other black lives do not". I think bad cops are just bad, bad to everyone they encounter. It seems like they are racist simply because of the disproportionate amount of crimes committed by blacks. They encounter more blacks in the daily course of business. The movement should be called, "stop shooting people you morons". I would back this movement.:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person

Compare that to his comments from the same press conf about BLM

Obama defends Black Lives Matter movement as protests heat up - CBS News

The transgressions of some protestors are to be ignored as maybe "messy" but an essential part our democracy. The transgressions of a few police are considered a systemic problem that police have to admit to make themselves more safe.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe you're getting infractions because you spread blatant lies.

I never said that.

All I said is I UNDERSTAND why Micah Johnson and Gavin Long would do what they did. Never said I condoned it. Just that I understand what led them to that breaking point.

And if we want no more police to be killed, we should listen to what they have to say rather than simply dismiss them. Because if we do that, we'll only be inviting more Micah Johnsons and Gavin Longs.
Specifically, who is it that is holding black people down? Is it a specific politician or political party?

Translation: admit that cops deserve to be murdered for past transgressions.

As limp wristed as some of the administrations responses have been, it's making me think more and more that they're ok with what's going on because at a basic level it is deserved retributions. White folks treated us bad for a long time and still do, so these acts are necessary to even the scales. A few dead cops is nothing compared to the systemic injustices endured by minorities.

How can you UNDERSTAND the killing of innocent people? Again, such a cowardly thing to say. You're no better than those killers are.

If police continue to kill unarmed black men, they shouldn't be surprised if some black men start shooting back.

I don't believe in violence. But I can understand why some frustrated brothers would go that route when they see nothing else working.

I hope you are just talking in America because I can think of several other ethnic groups in the world who have it currently as bad or worse than African Americans in America.

Why would the rest of the world matter?

We live in America. That what we're talking about.

And nobody has gone through more in America than African Americans.

Totally

VN Store

Back