Apologists for Black Lives Matter

If police continue to kill unarmed black men, they shouldn't be surprised if some black men start shooting back.

I don't believe in violence. But I can understand why some frustrated brothers would go that route when they see nothing else working.

You do realize more unarmed white people have been killed, and whites in general than blacks right? You make it sound like, and so does BLM, that it only ever happens to black people.

Reactions: 3 people
You do realize more unarmed white people have been killed, and whites in general than blacks right? You make it sound like, and so does BLM, that it only ever happens to black people.

But to be proportionate, it would have to be like 5x as many

Reactions: 2 people
On one hand, you say that black people have more sense of community. Then you acknowledge that the community is infested with gang/drug/crime culture.

It seems to me that you would want to tackle the type of community that the hip hop culture has propagated in the black community. Use that sense of community to build education. Use it to keep dads in the home to raise their kids.

It is absolutely crazy that you would say:

By definition, you are doubly-affected. Blacks are killers. Blacks are getting killed. Even innocent blacks are getting killed in drive-by-spraying.

You're answer is: "I can (personally) stay safe by not going where blacks are killing and getting killed..."

Real sense of "community" you're showing there. i.e. "I'll be OK if I don't go in those communities."

You're a hypocrite that wants to posture about community and feign that you care about the community by blaming everyone else for the community's problems.

If you really cared about the communities, you'd care what happens to them instead of just your own safety. And you'd use all that energy toward healthy changes in the communities--changes that can only come from within the communities, because the problems are within the communities--as you just admitted.

What you want me and other black people to do is demonize our own. I'm not gonna do that. The reason there is so much violence in poor urban communities is POVERTY. Not rap music. Not black culture as racists would like to believe.

Rap music is a reflection of the realities in these communities. It's not the cause.

The cause of violence is POVERTY. Poverty induced by a racist socio-economic system that has left black people behind.

If you want to know how I'm helping stop violence in poor urban communities, it's by advocating for wealth and income redistribution. It was by voting for Bernie Sanders in the democratic primary. It was volunteering for the ACLU in advocating for criminal justice reform.

That's how we stop violence in our community and help our people.

It's not by demonizing our people or culture as you want us to do.

But to be proportionate, it would have to be like 5x as many

I'm not into being proportionate as much as I'm pointing out the fact that some act as though it only ever black people killed period. I know some cops are trigger happy, but I don't believe they start their briefings with "we gotta go kill a black person today " like some seem to suggest they do.

I'm not into being proportionate as much as I'm pointing out the fact that some act as though it only ever black people killed period. I know some cops are trigger happy, but I don't believe they start their briefings with "we gotta go kill a black person today " like some seem to suggest they do.

Who acts like that? I have heard anybody say that.

What you want me and other black people to do is demonize our own. I'm not gonna do that. The reason there is so much violence in poor urban communities is POVERTY. Not rap music. Not black culture as racists would like to believe.

Rap music is a reflection of the realities in these communities. It's not the cause.

The cause of violence is POVERTY. Poverty induced by a racist socio-economic system that has left black people behind.

If you want to know how I'm helping stop violence in poor urban communities, it's by advocating for wealth and income redistribution. It was by voting for Bernie Sanders in the democratic primary. It was volunteering for the ACLU in advocating for criminal justice reform.

So if we give you money violence in these neighborhoods will end? Man I grew up poor in Kentucky, and we didn't kill each other. I'm not trying to be insensitive to communities I haven't been a part of, but to excuse violence because of being poor is not a good excuse.

Reactions: 5 people

And this will be the idea that prevents a real positive change from happening in these communities. Politicians are not gonna save these communities.

Why was there so much less violence in the black neighborhoods 50-60-70 years ago than there is now? Was there no poverty then?

Was there no poverty in Appalachia when my parents grew up? They didn't go around killing each other and looting. Before you say Hatfields and McCoys, that was an isolated feud, and had nothing to do with poverty.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok...who said it doesn't happen to whites?

Well when you accuse the police of specifically targeting black people, and protest and destroy other people's property because they only target one race, that's kinda implying it don't happen to no one but you.

If police continue to kill unarmed black men, they shouldn't be surprised if some black men start shooting back.

I don't believe in violence. But I can understand why some frustrated brothers would go that route when they see nothing else working.

That's about close to condoning it.

The problem with you and people like you is that you are enablers. When you fail to demonize the culture, you are just like a battered woman who goes back to her man, or a parent who is in denial of their son's drug problem.

The first step in treating alcoholism is admitting you are an alcoholic. You won't admit that the black community is responsible for anything. Tell me exactly who is responsible for the problems in the black community. Please be specific.

If you want to know how I'm helping stop violence in poor urban communities, it's by advocating for wealth and income redistribution.

So you want white folks to give you money. How much will it take, and how long will we have to give it to please you?

My old man lived in a tiny house with 4 other people. His dad farmed, not exactly a high paying gig. My grandma would make dresses for my aunts from the flour sacks from the mill to save money. They canned everything. My dad was the first person in his family to make it past the 8th grade. He started working at a coal mine at 13 to pay the bills. He went on to get a bachelors, masters, and start and run his own business for 25 years. No one handed him anything. There was nothing to be handed to him because they were beyond poor. Yet somehow he figured it out.

Just throwing money at poor people will not fix things. It will not magically create equality. Tens of billions are given to the poor every year via EITC, child credits, savers credits, education credits, etc. Why doesn't it help? Where is it going? A married family with 2 kids and $40k in income has zero federal tax liability. That's a decent wage to not have to pay into the system at all. How will higher taxes fix things? The war on poverty has been raging for 50 years. The benefits have only gotten greater, with no end in sight. When is it enough?

Reactions: 6 people
So if we give you money violence in these neighborhoods will end? Man I grew up poor in Kentucky, and we didn't kill each other. I'm not trying to be insensitive to communities I haven't been a part of, but to excuse violence because of being poor is not a good excuse.

Yes.

And the Kentucky point is a irrelevant anecdote. We know from data that poor whites don't live in concerntared communities like African Americans.

Why was there so much less violence in the black neighborhoods 50-60-70 years ago than there is now? Was there no poverty then?

Was there no poverty in Appalachia when my parents grew up? They didn't go around killing each other and looting. Before you say Hatfields and McCoys, that was an isolated feud, and had nothing to do with poverty.

War on Drugs. There was no drug trade epidemic during that time.

The modern drug trade as we know it began in the late 70s.

So you want white folks to give you money. How much will it take, and how long will we have to give it to please you?

My old man lived in a tiny house with 4 other people. His dad farmed, not exactly a high paying gig. My grandma would make dresses for my aunts from the flour sacks from the mill to save money. They canned everything. My dad was the first person in his family to make it past the 8th grade. He started working at a coal mine at 13 to pay the bills. He went on to get a bachelors, masters, and start and run his own business for 25 years. No one handed him anything. There was nothing to be handed to him because they were beyond poor. Yet somehow he figured it out.

Just throwing money at poor people will not fix things. It will not magically create equality. Tens of billions are given to the poor every year via EITC, child credits, savers credits, education credits, etc. Why doesn't it help? Where is it going? A married family with 2 kids and $40k in income has zero federal tax liability. That's a decent wage to not have to pay into the system at all. How will higher taxes fix things? The war on poverty has been raging for 50 years. The benefits have only gotten greater, with no end in sight. When is it enough?
Both my parents , and all 4 grandparents grew up much like your dad. They pulled themselves out of the crapper, and I didn't have to. Good post!

Yes.

And the Kentucky point is a irrelevant anecdote. We know from data that poor whites don't live in concerntared communities like African Americans.

Moving the target. Now being poor isn't the only problem but the amount of poor people living in close proximity?

Yes.

Twist the facts to fit your argument. Early 20th century urban ghettos were predominantly white. Some still exist today. Ever been to certain parts of Boston?

The problem with you and people like you is that you are enablers. When you fail to demonize the culture, you are just like a battered woman who goes back to her man, or a parent who is in denial of their son's drug problem.

The first step in treating alcoholism is admitting you are an alcoholic. You won't admit that the black community is responsible for anything. Tell me exactly who is responsible for the problems in the black community. Please be specific.

The oppressed is not responsible for situations created by the oppressor.

White dominated America created the current environment of poverty in the black community.

The oppressed is not responsible for situations created by the oppressor.

White dominated America created the current environment of poverty in the black community.

But they are responsible for the actions they take in those situations. Being in a bad situation does not justify wrong actions. Keep passing the blame.

War on Drugs. There was no drug trade epidemic during that time.

The modern drug trade as we know it began in the late 70s.
The war on drugs caused the poverty by sending the fathers to jail? Is that your answer?

So, the fathers would all be in the home now raising their children if they weren't in jail? Why are 70% born out of wedlock? Do they get women pregnant right before they are sentenced or something?

Did they not know they were breaking the law in the drug trade, and that there would be consequences?

Most food stamps go to White people. Many rural counties where no Black people live get the majority of their income from the government.

We may have had the right to vote first but they was often blocked by different means. White women still make more money for the same jobs. Lets not even get on the hiring disparity when jobs are between Black or White candidates.

Many people aren't aware of the wealth taken from Blacks during lynchings and the destruction of Black wealth like the Black Wall Street massacre. These events stifled a lot of Black development and independence communities are still recovering from.

Black and White people have single parent homes the same amount in the US. Divorce is counted in the stats now. Children of divorce have been proven to be worse off than kids with two parents who never married. Black people don't feel pressured to get married as much culturally as White people do. We don't get married to someone we don't really love just because of a baby. White people do, then they get divorced a couple years later. Same end result and the kid suffers worse. Studies show Black men actually participate more in their children's lives. We just don't marry someone so its not scandalous.

Poor people in cities around the world commit higher crime than others. It doesn't matter the race or nationality. Due to a bunch of factors over hundreds of years the poor people in the urban areas are mostly Black. Therefore a higher Black crime rate in America.

A black woman with a college degree can write her own ticket with Fortune 500 companies. If you doubt this you're ill informed.

VN Store

Back