Aja Wilson Visit.

i hadn't heard that Volfan,it is interesting ,if true,to how low the NCAA has sunk

It is true his dad got lots of money claimed it was donations to his church. NCAA said giving money to Dad and Church was not extra benefit for son. Anyone can set up a church if they wanted to especially boosters with millions of dollars. You can get ordained as a minister on the internet how things have changed.

Bruce Pearl got bombed by them because two recruits went to his house for a barbecue and he didn't report it. We lost a great coach because of that incident. Someone's Dad get thousands of dollars and it doesn't matter but two kids eating a barbeque sandwich causes hell for Bruce Pearl cost him millions and cost Tennessee fans a lot of winning seasons and NCAA appearances.

Reactions: 1 person
It is true his dad got lots of money claimed it was donations to his church. NCAA said giving money to Dad and Church was not extra benefit for son. Anyone can set up a church if they wanted to especially boosters with millions of dollars. You can get ordained as a minister on the internet how things have changed.

Bruce Pearl got bombed by them because two recruits went to his house for a barbecue and he didn't report it. We lost a great coach because of that incident. Someone's Dad get thousands of dollars and it doesn't matter but two kids eating a barbeque sandwich causes hell for Bruce Pearl cost him millions and cost Tennessee fans a lot of winning seasons and NCAA appearances.
Not quite true. Bruce got slapped for lying about who was eating those BBQ sandwiches and where they were eating them.

Not quite true. Bruce got slapped for lying about who was eating those BBQ sandwiches and where they were eating them.

That is correct recruits were eating at his house and he failed to report it. When asked about it he said didn't happen, but quickly recanted and told the NCAA. It didn't matter they don't give you a second chance to tell the truth unless you are someone they want to protect.

A far less crime than laundering money through a parent and a church.

I just can't believe a man of God would prostitute his football playing son fer the evil dollar?

Golly gee!!! :)

I just can't believe a man of God would prostitute his football playing son fer the evil dollar?

Golly gee!!! :)

He didn't seem to have raised his son that well. Cam got kicked out of Florida his first school for stealing from other students. He then went to a junior college almost ended up at Tennessee but Kiffin didn't want him at that time. He went to Auburn NCAA found out about the money to his Dad said forget it about it no extra benefit to his son. Dad wouldn't share that money they were sure.

Aja Wilson would most likely go with a winner,If she does she has to practice real hard or she becomes a bench warmer ,not shure she can do that,I mean learn from the best GENO

could be but wow could they play ball,and Moor and shay Ralph and Brianna Banks to name a few.wonder who coach them?onely THE BEST

Last edited:
I don't think Aja Wilson going north,one reason she wants to play first year and would on any other team as a starter.UCONN is a rough place you have to earn your spot

I think Wilson could probably start at UConn as a frosh. With Dolson gone there is a big hole that she would fill quite nicely.

I also think it's gonna' be tough to get her away from SC.

yup she gona stay south:cray: but the Ring stays north,but Louisville could up set the apple cart.

To say Pat cancelled the series becuase she saw no chance of beating them in the future is quite funny seeing how Tennessee won the National Championship the next year beating a Stanford team that beat UCONN in the final four. Nice try though
Here is my reasoning for why Pat stopped playing uconn.

Pat officially cancelled the series on 6-8-07. She knew uconn would have an excellent team in 2007-08 and so would Tennessee. She did not like the idea of playing uconn during the 07-08 regular season. Too big a chance of a loss. And, she also knew that in 8 months, Candace Parker would announce that she would forgo her final year of eligibility and jump to the WNBA. She also knew that Maya Moore had committed to uconn and would be playing with Tina Charles. This did not bode well for the LVs future success. The handwriting was on the wall. This is real reason why Pat cancelled the series.

Yes, Tennessee did go on to win the 2008 NC. That was the last hurrah. Luckily the LV's did not have to play uconn to win it. Both teams had the same record that season (36-2). The next year Tennessee was 22-11 and has never achieved the Final 4 since, and thus no possibility of meeting uconn. Pat's cancelling of the series probably saved Tennessee the embarrassment of several losses to uconn during the subsequent seasons. But, it also meant she had to sit by and watch uconn tie for the record of most National Championships. The courageous thing to do would have been to play uconn in an attempt to stop their ascent.

Since Pat never explained why she cancelled the series, the rumors generated by the Tennessee fans are groundless. They are not backed up with facts. The scenario outlined above makes the most sense. The Tennessee rumors have not gained traction, as Geno is widely revered in basketball circles.

Cancelling was a selfish move on Pat's part, but I can understand it. Pat was use to being top dog in women's basketball and perhaps couldn't handle the thought of someone else being admired and at the top.

All I know is that they had no money and suddenly came into a lot of money. Maybe Geno had nothing to do with it maybe they planted a money tree down there in that wonderful Georgia soil. Maybe it fell from the sky. All I know is it all came about the same time she committed to UConn but I'm sure it was all just by chance that it happened. It really happened no one can say it didn't now one just has to figure out where all that money came from. If you give reasonable people the facts they can then draw their own conclusions. I think it would be quite evident which way the sane would go in figuring this out.
I agree that reasonable people, given facts, can draw conclusions. But you have given no facts, just words you have made up. I'm saying it didn't happen, even though you said no one can say it didn't.

All the UConn fans know about the house. Did they hear it from you?The store website was on the internet located on the UConn campus. There is no website on the uconn campus. That's not how the internet works.I don't know if it has come down since they left there. Sold handbags with UConn logo on them was operated by Moore's mother. Looks to be out business can't find the website anymore guess they have moved on to the Pros. Anyway don't know who was involved or how it all came about just know it all came about when she signed with UConn.So, basically you're saying you know nothing about it, except that you know about it??? I'm sure Geno and UConn University know nothing.

Whomever did know or put up the money came out as clean as new fallen snow. It is a closed issue she is gone no one will ever know who financed them. As far as them getting the house and having the store that is certainly common knowledge how they got it all is the question that no one has ever answered and no reason that they had to then or ever will in the future. So it's all rumors. Thanks for clarifying.

I don't think it would be illegal anyway since the NCAA ruled that boosters giving money to the father of Cam Newton didn't affect his eligibility in any way. I think they created a loophole that boosters with money who are sports fans should take advantage of Tennessee doesn't seem to have any of those boosters. Especially for women's basketball maybe football. So now you're saying they did nothing wrong?

My comments inserted in your post.

In Pat's latest book, I can't remember exactly how it was written, but I seem to remember something to the effect of Maya's mom asked Pat for something or INSINUATED she wanted something. Pat cited NCAA rules that they were not allowed to fulfill her request. Maybe it was something like "Could the campus help get me a job?" and they never heard from her or Maya again was the way it seemed to play out.
Assume you are talking about Sum It Up. I don't recall reading that. Can you provide a page number?

No I'm saying that the NCAA does as they please and makes ruling that are not always fair. They didn't seem to care where the house and the bag shop came from so neither do I. It is ancient history. Still as far as willing to cheat to be able to win I think Geno has no problem doing that if he thinks he want get caught. He is not the only one a lot of coaches would do it and a lot have.

Bear Bryant is considered one of if not the best football coach of all time probably cheated more than any football coach in history. So did John Wooden but that is ancient history as well both are considered legends and it will remain that way.

No there was a website tied to UConn University called Katherine's handbags run by Katherine Moore. The site sole handbags, backpacks, etc, with UConn logo. She was listed as the owner. It was up the entire time they were at UConn can't find it now seems to have disappeared. I figured it would after he playing days up there was over.

No the fact that you don't know about the house and the store is not my fault it was argued all four years she played up there. UConn fans argued that Geno and the University had nothing to do with it and other fans argued that no way it could have happened without help from an outside source. It is over no use continuing to talk about it. As far as Geno goes I think he cheats and I will always think he used the lesbian comment against Tennessee. I heard that he once took a foot rub from a recruits mother lol that was interesting. Why would anybody do that?

I believe you are reading the funny papers again:crazy:

No homers always will follow a person that wins regardless of personality, or his personal life. He almost got caught cheating on his wife enough money can get you out of anything.:crazy::salute:

No the fact that you don't know about the house and the store is not my fault it was argued all four years she played up there. UConn fans argued that Geno and the University had nothing to do with it and other fans argued that no way it could have happened without help from an outside source. It is over no use continuing to talk about it. As far as Geno goes I think he cheats and I will always think he used the lesbian comment against Tennessee. I heard that he once took a foot rub from a recruits mother lol that was interesting. Why would anybody do that?

I bet he give her a hand bag too:dance2:

Looks like he was trying to give Mulkey a hand with her bag.

AP640813876033.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back