Aja Wilson Visit.

LOL - resurrecting old slanderous rumors. From an ESPN story on recruiting a couple of years ago:
Auriemma says he still doesn't know why Pat Summitt, Tennessee's legendary coach, nixed their annual showdown in 2007. But he's heard the rumor that has circulated since: UConn used antigay recruiting tactics against the Lady Vol program. "If someone is saying that's the reason," Auriemma says, "they're more out of their minds than I think they are." Summitt declined to be interviewed for this story.

Its easy to throw out allegations but when you can't back them up it just diminishes you. You don't have to be a Geno fan, but when we continue to bring up crap like this it makes our whole program look small.

Reactions: 2 people
Why embarrass yourself by passing along these ridiculous untruths about Geno? Also, Pat never made public the reasons for cancelling the series with uconn, so unless you have some kind of proof other than what you've read on the Summitt, you're not helping the Lady Vol reputation by making these charges. After years of repeating these rumors that started in Vol land, it has done nothing but damage Tennessee and Pat Summitt's reputation.

Geno's stature is in the legend category. You'd be better served to keep the discussion on basketball topics. You must realize by now that the smear campaign hasn't worked.

Geno is the one of the biggest cheaters to ever coach a basketball game. He was a jerk in the beginning of the Tennessee series so that certainly hasn't changed. You'd be better served to not tell posters what to post and mind your own business. You think Coach Summit cancelled the series for no good reason? I have always suspected that your a UConn homer and now I know it's true. They do have a board you know why don't you find it.

Last edited:
LOL - resurrecting old slanderous rumors. From an ESPN story on recruiting a couple of years ago:
Auriemma says he still doesn't know why Pat Summitt, Tennessee's legendary coach, nixed their annual showdown in 2007. But he's heard the rumor that has circulated since: UConn used antigay recruiting tactics against the Lady Vol program. "If someone is saying that's the reason," Auriemma says, "they're more out of their minds than I think they are." Summitt declined to be interviewed for this story.

Its easy to throw out allegations but when you can't back them up it just diminishes you. You don't have to be a Geno fan, but when we continue to bring up crap like this it makes our whole program look small.

You think Coach Summit cancelled the series for no reason at all? There were a lot of reasons and to think Geno tells the truth is hillarious. He is a convicted cheater it is documented that he gave extra benefits to Maya Moore. I know some of the harsher allegations were not proven doesn't make them untrue. The facts are we know he did cheat some minor things were proven. Since he was capable of these what make you think he's not capable of the others.

Reactions: 1 person
good grief, I read the rules some of you have not,Geno by far is and always has been the best and you know it. To sit and read the junk about Geno and his players kinda stinks being a Uconn fan,I enjoyed the two teams when they played.kinda hope that starts again.I don't Bash Pat ,the way she coached,nor the players,this is a great Board,its just some of you have not grown up.....

good grief, I read the rules some of you have not,Geno by far is and always has been the best and you know it. To sit and read the junk about Geno and his players kinda stinks being a Uconn fan,I enjoyed the two teams when they played.kinda hope that starts again.I don't Bash Pat ,the way she coached,nor the players,this is a great Board,its just some of you have not grown up.....

Just what we need a bunch of whiny UConn fans coming over here. I am entitled to my opinion about anything I want to talk and I don't need you or any other shiny UConn fan coming around griping about what I say. I hope we never play UConn again until Geno is gone for good.

Reactions: 3 people
with the drivel and nasty comments you can read on the UConn site(the-boneyard.com) about Tn & Pat, they have a lot of gall to whine about our giving geno the business!

f uconn

I see that's your first post. Now post less next time.

Geno is the one of the biggest cheaters to ever coach a basketball game. He was a jerk in the beginning of the Tennessee series so that certainly hasn't changed. You'd be better served to not tell posters what to post and mind your own business. You think Coach Summit cancelled the series for no good reason? I have always suspected that your a UConn homer and now I know it's true. They do have a board you know why don't you find it.

I find you quite comical. If you think Geno is a cheater, then I presume all of the organizations that have honored him are also cheaters: USA Basketball, the Olympics committee, The Basketball Hall of Fame, The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in Knoxville numerous coach of the year awards and many others.

I do think Pat Summitt had a good reason for cancelling the uconn series - She knew she had no chance of beating uconn in the forseeable future and her ego couldn't stand that thought. If she had some other reason, I'd expect an honorable person to divulge it instead of trying to destroy someone's career using innuendo.

I never told you what to post. I'm just letting you know that your posts, in my opinion, make you look foolish. So, if you wish to post untrue, slanderous comments, that's up to you.

You're probably upset by the LVs defeat by lowly Vandy, so I can understand you're lashing out at me for bringing out truths about the program. There is another board called The Summitt, where your opinions will be more than welcome. It will probably be to your liking.

Regardless of who is gay or not, to get back to the original thread. With every UT loss and every South Carolina win, the prospect of getting A'ja becomes dimmer and dimmer.

You think Coach Summit cancelled the series for no reason at all? There were a lot of reasons and to think Geno tells the truth is hillarious. He is a convicted cheater it is documented that he gave extra benefits to Maya Moore. I know some of the harsher allegations were not proven doesn't make them untrue. The facts are we know he did cheat some minor things were proven. Since he was capable of these what make you think he's not capable of the others.
Maya Moore wanted a tour of ESPN facilities (which are free to anyone) and someone at uconn dialed espn's number and Maya arranged a tour for herself. Geno had no knowledge of it. Uconn reported this and the NCAA ruled that it was a minor infraction, similar to many that Pat Summitt admitted to. There were no penalties. Do you also assume since Tennessee committed minor infractions, that Pat Summitt was also guilty of serious infractions worthy of calling her despicable names?

Regardless of who is gay or not, to get back to the original thread. With every UT loss and every South Carolina win, the prospect of getting A'ja becomes dimmer and dimmer.

She should go there, unless we get a decent coach. This is becoming a sad train wreck. My, what used to be. Thanks Holly

I find you quite comical. If you think Geno is a cheater, then I presume all of the organizations that have honored him are also cheaters: USA Basketball, the Olympics committee, The Basketball Hall of Fame, The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in Knoxville numerous coach of the year awards and many others.

I do think Pat Summitt had a good reason for cancelling the uconn series - She knew she had no chance of beating uconn in the forseeable future and her ego couldn't stand that thought. If she had some other reason, I'd expect an honorable person to divulge it instead of trying to destroy someone's career using innuendo.

I never told you what to post. I'm just letting you know that your posts, in my opinion, make you look foolish. So, if you wish to post untrue, slanderous comments, that's up to you.

You're probably upset by the LVs defeat by lowly Vandy, so I can understand you're lashing out at me for bringing out truths about the program. There is another board called The Summitt, where your opinions will be more than welcome. It will probably be to your liking.

I posted long before the Vandy game and this has nothing to do with Vandy. The cheating he has done is far beyond what he been caught doing. A family on food stamps and no money ends up with a store on campus and a beautiful house. We know it could never happen without help and there was help given by UConn boosters but it was done in a way that it will never be proven. He also cheated on his wife and got away with that proving enough money you can get out of anything.
Anyone with a grain of intelligence can tell he has an abusive personality and loves himself to the point of sciopathy. Do I think he has used unethical recruiting to get players yes I do. Do I think he would lie about it yes I do.
People of low morals win awards all the time if they are successful and nothing is proven of how they got there. People get away with things everyday. You can love him all you want and I will continue to despise the man.

Reactions: 3 people
Maya Moore wanted a tour of ESPN facilities (which are free to anyone) and someone at uconn dialed espn's number and Maya arranged a tour for herself. Geno had no knowledge of it. Uconn reported this and the NCAA ruled that it was a minor infraction, similar to many that Pat Summitt admitted to. There were no penalties. Do you also assume since Tennessee committed minor infractions, that Pat Summitt was also guilty of serious infractions worthy of calling her despicable names?

Like I said the NCAA never investigated all the other extra benefits that were given out. I assume there was no way to prove any of them which happens everyday in college sports.
You can tell when a person loves someone so much they would protect them regardless. I think UConn fans are such gullible dweebs when it comes to reality. I move on and like I said I can post what I want and will continue to do so. I will stay away from your threads and posts for now on.
Sometimes the guilty go unpunished it happens especially in college sports.

Back to the original thread I will be proud for Aja to choose SC if she is not choosing our team. They are on their way to the top with Dawn Staley. I wish we had hired her she can coach basketball.

so far I can see Convoluted seems to know what going on,says it what it is,knows the facts too.

Not touching on who did what between Geno and Pat, I do think Pat cancelling the series had an unintended side effect that continues to plague the "air" around the program to this day.

Cancelling the UConn series has prevented the "loyalists" and "family" from realizing how far the LV program has fallen in comparison to its historical rival. Whats the old saying...out of sight, out of mind. If they were still playing there might be a greater sense or urgency and that things need to be shaken up.

I posted long before the Vandy game and this has nothing to do with Vandy. The cheating he has done is far beyond what he been caught doing. A family on food stamps and no money ends up with a store on campus and a beautiful house. We know it could never happen without help and there was help given by UConn boosters but it was done in a way that it will never be proven. He also cheated on his wife and got away with that proving enough money you can get out of anything.
Anyone with a grain of intelligence can tell he has an abusive personality and loves himself to the point of sciopathy. Do I think he has used unethical recruiting to get players yes I do. Do I think he would lie about it yes I do.
People of low morals win awards all the time if they are successful and nothing is proven of how they got there. People get away with things everyday. You can love him all you want and I will continue to despise the man.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying that your untrue, slanderous comments about Geno have nothing to do with the Vandy loss. Now you have escalated your delusional comments by adding a store on campus and a beautiful house for a family on food stamps to Geno's transgressions. You can say these things and hold these opinions, but you should recognize that reasonable people are not likely to believe what you say just because you said it.

VN Store

Back