Aja Wilson Visit.

good guards we can handle, but bigs? Not with Graves, Harrison & Russell playing like they did this past season, imho

I think they can play with anyone if Holly gets them to play. The problem seems to be Holly. She needs to do a better job of getting them ready. They peaked for the SEC championship which is great but they need to work on sustaining it into the tournament. Harrison looked great in the SEC and then withered. However, I do think Simmons threw her off in the tournament.

If you watch her defend she seems to be slow reacting. Seems to be too ladylike. Doesn't want to bang.

It was hard for me to tell that much because she was only in to play for the last few minutes or so for a mop up role. But like I said I thought she was good when she was playing.

Harrison looked great in the SEC and then withered. However, I do think Simmons threw her off in the tournament.

Harrison and Simmons were the only starters who tried to make plays in the Maryland game. Jones off the bench was the same. They deserve a pass just because the rest of their team didn't bother to come to play.

Starters Burdick, Graves and Carter looked like they were still high school players. Russell showed again that she was not equipped to play against Top 20 team post talent. Reynolds was shaky as well.

Perhaps Harrison wouldn't have withered if she didn't have to carry the rest of the frontcourt game in, game out :banghead2:

Harrison and Simmons were the only starters who tried to make plays in the Maryland game. Jones off the bench was the same. They deserve a pass just because the rest of their team didn't bother to come to play.

Starters Burdick, Graves and Carter looked like they were still high school players. Russell showed again that she was not equipped to play against Top 20 team post talent. Reynolds was shaky as well.

Perhaps Harrison wouldn't have withered if she didn't have to carry the rest of the frontcourt game in, game out :banghead2:
Some good points....And we could NOT get the ball inside, they had us stymied. Give Meghan and Jasmine credit; they played hard and scored. Why do we keep trying to force the ball inside when it's not there? Because only Meghan could shoot from the perimeter? Glad to see Jamine produce on offense. If she can get that part of her game under control, she could give other teams fits. Have to remember Jordan and Mercedes are freshmen. And yes, I know Diamond and Alaina were too, but let's give our girls a chance to develope. Still think it will eventually come out that Bashara was playing injured all year. May be wrong, but her leg, back, etc. seemed to give her difficulty. The team in Louisville was not the team in Duluth, but believe me, the Maryland team in the Final Four had a serious drop from what they looked like in Louisville. Some of their fans told us the real Maryland team showed up in Nashville; they had never seen the one in Louisville before! So.....love the Ladys, hate the negativity of some posters, and Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back