Aja Wilson Visit.

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that your untrue, slanderous comments about Geno have nothing to do with the Vandy loss. Now you have escalated your delusional comments by adding a store on campus and a beautiful house for a family on food stamps to Geno's transgressions. You can say these things and hold these opinions, but you should recognize that reasonable people are not likely to believe what you say just because you said it.

All I know is that they had no money and suddenly came into a lot of money. Maybe Geno had nothing to do with it maybe they planted a money tree down there in that wonderful Georgia soil. Maybe it fell from the sky. All I know is it all came about the same time she committed to UConn but I'm sure it was all just by chance that it happened. It really happened no one can say it didn't now one just has to figure out where all that money came from. If you give reasonable people the facts they can then draw their own conclusions. I think it would be quite evident which way the sane would go in figuring this out.

Reactions: 1 person
with the drivel and nasty comments you can read on the UConn site(the-boneyard.com) about Tn & Pat, they have a lot of gall to whine about our giving geno the business!

f uconn

Funny thing is after UTs loss to Vandy there wasn't a single UT thread on the BY. Certainly not like years past. It seems like UT is no longer on UConn's radar since they are in different levels in the WCBB world.

I do think Pat Summitt had a good reason for cancelling the uconn series - She knew she had no chance of beating uconn in the forseeable future and her ego couldn't stand that thought. If she had some other reason, I'd expect an honorable person to divulge it instead of trying to destroy someone's career using innuendo.

That's an interesting perspective, considering that UT beat UCONN in the final 3 games of the rivalry....if anything, the evidence proves that Summitt prematurely ended what looked to be a run of dominance over your team...

But regardless, I do not know about this Gay stuff that's being implied regarding Auriemma, but I do know that if he tried that with Wilson regarding USC, it'd be tantamount to slitting the throat of UCONN's recruitment of her: she has good friends on the Gamecock roster - Coates is a friend, and both White and Duckett are good friends as well. She knows a lot of the girls on the roster and is very close with the entire coaching staff. Aja has unofficially visited the team more times that can be counted over the past 2 seasons, and has pretty much been at every home game they've played this season.

That kind of negative recruiting is something I'd hope Geno tries on this smart girl....

She talked about why she cancelled the series in her latest biography. In a nutshell, Geno and her generally just weren't very compatible. She used an example of they were out in a restaurant or somewhere and bumped into one another. He made some comments that rubbed her the wrong way. It was like he was trying to get under her skin or he was trying to play up this rivalry or something. She didn't really understand it but the point she emphasized was that she reached a point where she realized that her life would be better without having to worry with Geno and that she had cultivated many rivalries over the year from Louisiana Tech to Old Dominion to Virginia and now UCONN and she felt no need to hold onto this particularly series. It had nothing to do with winning or losing. UT beat UCONN plenty over the years including the last time they met and Pat was notorious for getting the toughest schedule. She didn't back down from anyone. UCONN may have needed UT but UT didn't need UCONN.

She should go there, unless we get a decent coach. This is becoming a sad train wreck. My, what used to be. Thanks Holly

Dawn Staley will get Wilson, and will get South Carolina to the Final Four before Holly Warlick gets Tennessee there.

Dawn Staley will get Wilson, and will get South Carolina to the Final Four before Holly Warlick gets Tennessee there.

I honestly feel that Staley now has a final four caliber team in USC, even before Wilson or White or Duckett or Cuevas. She would've had USC there sooner: y'all probably don't follow USC's team enough to know, but imagine the 25-win NCAA teams of the past 2 seasons - that had little to no depth at the post position, which hurt them substantially - if Kelcy Bone or Kayla Brewer had chosen to stay at USC instead of transferring out to the Texas teams. Those 2 true post players leaving left a hole in the Gamecock roster that was felt tremendously against the big girls of UGA, UT, TAMU, Stanford, etc.

Kelcy was part of Staley's 2nd class at USC. She has actually moved quickly to build the program up into a top-10 caliber program, and the 5* talent incoming - plus Wilson if she so chooses to join - could very well elevate it to even higher levels...

I've seen SC struggle too much to make any bold, good predictions. They may very well put it together, but I remember the transfers and slumps when they were supposed to have good teams, so I'm a bit skeptical.

I've seen SC struggle too much to make any bold, good predictions. They may very well put it together, but I remember the transfers and slumps when they were supposed to have good teams, so I'm a bit skeptical.

None of those have happened under Dawn Staley: the previous USC coach Susan Walvius was bringing in a top-10 class but that blew up and scattered when she was fired. Staley's teams have won 10, 14, 18, 25, and 25 games in her time, and the talent and depth has only improved by leaps and bounds with each cycle.

Last season they won 25 games with only 9 players getting any meaningful PT on the season (Tiffany Davis was the 10th player on the roster but was lost for the season to injury after playing the 1st 3 gms). The transfers of Bone (homesick) and Brewer (don't know about her - she hasn't done much at Texas after being a high 4* prospect, and may no longer be on their roster) hurt the USC depth at the post, but mostly her teams have been stable and have great chemistry...

ruggy1

I must confess that I peeked at your profile here and noticed the SAC Airforce mentioned.

Congrats & TY on your service. I hope you enjoyed your time there. I did, back in 73-77 and also had 4 brothers who were also AF vets. Too bad U don't like Orange. but i'd still buy ya a beer.

And my friend I buy you two...Been down here 3 years moved from Connecticut..I hope you didn't mind the joking around

She talked about why she cancelled the series in her latest biography. In a nutshell, Geno and her generally just weren't very compatible. She used an example of they were out in a restaurant or somewhere and bumped into one another. He made some comments that rubbed her the wrong way. It was like he was trying to get under her skin or he was trying to play up this rivalry or something. She didn't really understand it but the point she emphasized was that she reached a point where she realized that her life would be better without having to worry with Geno and that she had cultivated many rivalries over the year from Louisiana Tech to Old Dominion to Virginia and now UCONN and she felt no need to hold onto this particularly series. It had nothing to do with winning or losing. UT beat UCONN plenty over the years including the last time they met and Pat was notorious for getting the toughest schedule. She didn't back down from anyone. UCONN may have needed UT but UT didn't need UCONN.
What you're saying is that Pat cancelled the series for her own personal comfort. That continuing the rivalry with uconn would be good for women's basketball wasn't as important as making Pat happy.

The fact that uconn had a powerful team at the time, and that TN would probably not fare well over the next several years had nothing to do with it?

Reactions: 2 people
All I know is that they had no money and suddenly came into a lot of money. Maybe Geno had nothing to do with it maybe they planted a money tree down there in that wonderful Georgia soil. Maybe it fell from the sky. All I know is it all came about the same time she committed to UConn but I'm sure it was all just by chance that it happened. It really happened no one can say it didn't now one just has to figure out where all that money came from. If you give reasonable people the facts they can then draw their own conclusions. I think it would be quite evident which way the sane would go in figuring this out.
This is just laughable. You make an absurd statement on this forum with no proof whatsoever and expect people to believe you? You are giving Tennessee fans a bad name.:loco:

What you're saying is that Pat cancelled the series for her own personal comfort. That continuing the rivalry with uconn would be good for women's basketball wasn't as important as making Pat happy.

The fact that uconn had a powerful team at the time, and that TN would probably not fare well over the next several years had nothing to do with it?

No, you're saying that with your usual glass half empty negative spin on life that you seemingly carry with you everywhere we're graced with your online prose.

My interpretation of what I read was that Geno was an ass and she wasn't going to cater to an ******* anymore. The rivalry between UT and UCONN had done its job and run its course. We don't play Louisiana Tech or Old Dominion anymore for different reasons even though we could beat the crap out of them both. Like I said, Pat ROUTINELY sought out the toughest schedule and ON AVERAGE no coach's out of conference or IN CONFERENCE schedule was tougher than Pat's. She ran from no challenge.

Nothing bad for "women's basketball" came out of that divorce. If anything, it's made it better for the heightened anticipation of when they might meet again in the tournament. Plus, it's allowed other rivalries like UCONN and ND and UT and KY to flourish more.

Last edited:
This is just laughable. You make an absurd statement on this forum with no proof whatsoever and expect people to believe you? You are giving Tennessee fans a bad name.:loco:

Nothing laughable about it really happened they moved from the outhouse into the penthouse. That move happened when she signed with UConn not before. Store went up when she signed with UConn certainly not coincidence happened with the signing. Just shows you can't accept facts. How did this happen don't know but would like to know lot of poor people that would like to get in on a deal like that.

Nothing laughable about it really happened they moved from the outhouse into the penthouse. That move happened when she signed with UConn not before. Store went up when she signed with UConn certainly not coincidence happened with the signing. Just shows you can't accept facts. How did this happen don't know but would like to know lot of poor people that would like to get in on a deal like that.
What is your source of this information? I can accept facts, but you're not providing any.

Reactions: 3 people
I find you quite comical. If you think Geno is a cheater,

I do think Pat Summitt had a good reason for cancelling the uconn series - She knew she had no chance of beating uconn in the forseeable future and her ego couldn't stand that thought. If she had some other reason, I'd expect an honorable person to divulge it instead of trying to destroy someone's career using innuendo.
To say Pat cancelled the series becuase she saw no chance of beating them in the future is quite funny seeing how Tennessee won the National Championship the next year beating a Stanford team that beat UCONN in the final four. Nice try though

What is your source of this information? I can accept facts, but you're not providing any.

All the UConn fans know about the house. The store website was on the internet located on the UConn campus. I don't know if it has come down since they left there. Sold handbags with UConn logo on them was operated by Moore's mother. Looks to be out business can't find the website anymore guess they have moved on to the Pros. Anyway don't know who was involved or how it all came about just know it all came about when she signed with UConn. I'm sure Geno and UConn University know nothing.

Whomever did know or put up the money came out as clean as new fallen snow. It is a closed issue she is gone no one will ever know who financed them. As far as them getting the house and having the store that is certainly common knowledge how they got it all is the question that no one has ever answered and no reason that they had to then or ever will in the future.

I don't think it would be illegal anyway since the NCAA ruled that boosters giving money to the father of Cam Newton didn't affect his eligibility in any way. I think they created a loophole that boosters with money who are sports fans should take advantage of Tennessee doesn't seem to have any of those boosters. Especially for women's basketball maybe football.

Last edited:
In Pat's latest book, I can't remember exactly how it was written, but I seem to remember something to the effect of Maya's mom asked Pat for something or INSINUATED she wanted something. Pat cited NCAA rules that they were not allowed to fulfill her request. Maybe it was something like "Could the campus help get me a job?" and they never heard from her or Maya again was the way it seemed to play out.

In Pat's latest book, I can't remember exactly how it was written, but I seem to remember something to the effect of Maya's mom asked Pat for something or INSINUATED she wanted something. Pat cited NCAA rules that they were not allowed to fulfill her request. Maybe it was something like "Could the campus help get me a job?" and they never heard from her or Maya again was the way it seemed to play out.

It is all a rumor which only Pat could solve but it was a phone call asking for a house and a job to sign with Tennessee. I don't know if it happened was told by many close to the situation, but I have no knowledge that it is true. Only Pat know that and maybe the coaches at that time for sure.

VN Store

Back