2024 Transfer Portal

Points scored per shot attempt Puckett 1.19 and Jewell 1.29 was even higher than Rickea who had a 1.23. Scoring was seldom the teams problem this season it was stopping the other team from scoring.
I'd still say lack of ability to score in crucial games was a major problem - like the 4th qtr against LSU. It was made worse bc the instant teams saw we couldn't hit outside shots, they blanketed RJ.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Bird in hand is worth 2 in bush. You better know someone better is coming before pushing others out.
It’s not hard to find a transfer who can give you more than 5 points, 3 rebounds, and 32% 3 point shooting. There are literally hundreds of players who can match or beat that.

Reactions: Go aeiou
It’s not hard to find a transfer who can give you more than 5 points, 3 rebounds, and 32% 3 point shooting. There are literally hundreds of players who can match or beat that.
I'm surprised it wasn't done last year.
Better teams seem to be in better physical condition, and able to move quicker. I don't know? Maybe you can't require someone to lose weight or add muscle?

That game turned out we scored enough no one could defend HVL who scored over double her average.
LOL we could go round and round all day. We could have overcome HVL's big day with half decent scoring in the 4th, plus if the cursed double dribble v.1 had been called. Or if certain players had been able to score at all that day. Let's just say Robin laid an egg that day.

I don't think there has been much question about that they can't play. The ones that you talk about that did play were totally inconsistent in their play. They would be great one game and totally disappear in others. What you are looking for is consistency in play. Cooper and Boyd are not talked about that much they have not played so both are wait and see.
Even with all the returnees there is still the problem of post play not enough scoring or rebounding. The replacement of the scoring of Rickea Jackson who is going to take up that slack? We saw a long preview of this when she was injured and it was not pretty. Finally even with all these returnees you run into the problem of so many of them having one year to play so you better get some portal players and it would be great if you could get some players that were consistent scorers with their former teams. Right now the roster for 2025 is three player Cooper, Boyd, and Strickland. We have one recruit thus far in the 2025 class. We will have four to five scholarships we can fill with portal players and they all need to be two years of eligibility left. That would bring your 2025 roster up to seven. Then you still need at least three more high school players to sign to get you to ten in 2025. If that does not happen you have seven and so the 2025 portal would need to be about five players to get you to twelve which would be the lowest amount of players I feel a roster should have.
Did you leave out Nyla Brooks? Counting her, we have 4 on the 2025 roster.

LOL we could go round and round all day. We could have overcome HVL's big day with half decent scoring in the 4th, plus if the cursed double dribble v.1 had been called. Or if certain players had been able to score at all that day. Let's just say Robin laid an egg that day.
True we should've scored more than 60 and or we should not have given up 75. We need to get better both ways.

Frankly, I think Kellie needs to push Wynn, Darby, and Hollingshead to transfer out so we can pursue upgrades at their positions.

You can’t go into a make or break year with just Wynn and Wells running point. Must have an upgrade there. Ideally someone who can score too, so we’re not having to ask Spear to turn into Dalton Knecht and average 25+ a game in the SEC.

We also need someone who can score down low. I’m not 100% sure Key will come back and she’s not a great scorer even if she does. We need someone who can get us easy baskets when the threes from Spear and Puckett aren’t falling.
Cooper is listed as a point guard, and Boyd as a combo guard. Maybe one or both can help Wells at point, but really don’t know yet, as have not seen either play.

Reactions: PRG and Volfan2012
We hear alot about NIL problems, but never if there are any solutions in the works to get it fixed. I can relate that BHC is not going to be the collective that gets us the players we need to move back into elite status in women's basketball. If there are no solutions being determined then I guess we'll see our coach leave us after next season. She can't beat the top teams without better players and we shouldn't expect her to. Saying when she shows us she can do it she will get support is just not an intelligent way to solve the problem. She needs the support that gets the players and then it is her job to make it work on the court. I've always believed she could make it work if she could recruit. Team has to be more than one star player you need two or three and she hasn't had that yet.

We hear alot about NIL problems, but never if there are any solutions in the works to get it fixed. I can relate that BHC is not going to be the collective that gets us the players we need to move back into elite status in women's basketball. If there are no solutions being determined then I guess we'll see our coach leave us after next season. She can't beat the top teams without better players and we shouldn't expect her to. Saying when she shows us she can do it she will get support is just not an intelligent way to solve the problem. She needs the support that gets the players and then it is her job to make it work on the court. I've always believed she could make it work if she could recruit. Team has to be more than one star player you need two or three and she hasn't had that yet.
I love our team and players, but it hurts to think what our team’s success would look like if we had a Malaysia Fulwiley or Mikaylah Williams (I chose these two because of the rumored NIL prowess of their wbb programs, but you could easily find other players who’d fit that role)

Reactions: olddog and glv98
I love our team and players, but it hurts to think what our team’s success would look like if we had a Malaysia Fulwiley or Mikaylah Williams (I chose these two because of the rumored NIL prowess of their wbb programs, but you could easily find other players who’d fit that role)
Players like that is what it takes. You can't put one or even two great players up against an Army and win very often. I know we almost did against SC, but for overall yearly success you need at least three elite players every year.

We don’t need anymore mid major players we have that on our roster now!!
Actually we don't have any mid-major players on our roster all were recruited out of high school or other power five programs. We had a mid-major player a couple years ago Dye and she turned out to be one of the best players we had that season.

Players like that is what it takes. You can't put one or even two great players up against an Army and win very often. I know we almost did against SC, but for overall yearly success you need at least three elite players every year.
2 great players can get it done, but this season we only had one. U will just need the role players to play their role correctly.

Reactions: glv98
Actually we don't have any mid-major players on our roster all were recruited out of high school or other power five programs. We had a mid-major player a couple years ago Dye and she turned out to be one of the best players we had that season.
My point is half the roster should be mid major players. Only have 2-3 that are true D1 players.

Dye was recruited by D1 but her grades held her back. She has always had the talent.

My point is half the roster should be mid major players. Only have 2-3 that are true D1 players.

Dye was recruited by D1 but her grades held her back. She has always had the talent.
I agree and that’s why we need to bring in better players, and don’t worry about feelings.

Reactions: Cb153181

I think u have no idea what u are talking about….

All P5s are D1 not all D1s are P5 stop talking and got eat your Raisin Bran

We aren’t talking about any non D1 player

We do have some that would be better at that level. Still there are a few in the portal that would be better at this level. One plays at Northern Kentucky and the numbers she put up there as a freshman say she could play very well at this level.

VN Store

Back