2024 Transfer Portal

Volfan2012

Transfer portal opens Next Wednesday and runs through May 11th. Should be slow for a couple of weeks until the NCAA Tourney is well underway. As teams get eliminated from the NCAA we should start seeing some names enter towards the end of the month,

Biggest Names IN Right Now

Jersey Wolfenbarger
Elle Sutphin
Amaya Staton
Kaitlyn Chen

Chen might already be transferring to UConn.
Sutphin and Staton only have one year to play.

Ugh. Not the quality post we need. We don't need another "project".
Then, this might give you (and everyone) a good laugh:

A few years ago, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Teonni Key, Delayah Daniels, who is now with Washington, via California, and Bree Salenbien, the six-two guard now at Gonzaga, were tops of my list; my little dream team. I thought they fit where Coach Harper was trying to go, with length, athleticism, shooting ability, with above average handles; and who knows, maybe even a little defense. And I vaguely recall that Kellie recruited all of them, or that most, or all of them had us listed.

Of the four, Daniels is having the most successful career to date, with Salenbien holding her own on a senior-laden roster in Spokane. We have little information on the other two more-local players, with Key having some awful luck with injuries, and Wolfenbarger's mysterious situation at Arkansas.

I'm still somewhat optimistic about Miss Wolfenbarger's future in basketball. Some players appear to adjust just fine to late-teen growth spurts (Thank you, Dalton Knecht); some, not so much. I think Jersey was a 5'8" high school junior before the first of a couple such gains. And without having inside information, it's still OK to speculate (at least on a message board) what might have been "promised" to the local 5-Star All-American to gain her signature. Could she have been led to believe that Coach Neighbors would allow her to run loose and free despite her more fitting, recently acquired physical attributes for the paint? And, who was that guard that could shoot from the other end of the gym? The one who stayed for fifteen seasons! What affect might that have had? Just thinking out loud, the surprise, to me at least, is that she stayed this long.

I confess, I would still like to have her. I'm not sure what went wrong at Arkansas, but she's still Six-Five, and tremendously talented, having trained - and trained hard (just watching her videos was exhausting!) - as a point guard. We could certainly use a slash and dish wing, or even a Four ...with handles. She surely wouldn't have lost all her abilities, standing on the perimeter in Fayetteville? The timing of her portal decision is, or course, curious. Or is it? Hell hath no fury ....

Hope your'e having a hoot in Greenville.

Last edited:
Then, this might give you (and everyone) a good laugh:

A few years ago, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Teonni Key, Delayah Daniels, who is now with Washington, via California, and Bree Salenbien, the six-two guard now at Gonzaga, were tops of my list; my little dream team. I thought they fit where Coach Harper was trying to go, with length, athleticism, shooting ability, with above average handles; and who knows, maybe even a little defense. And I vaguely recall that Kellie recruited all of them, or that most, or all of them had lists.

Of the four, Daniels is having the most successful career to date, with Salenbien holding her own on a senior-laden roster in Spokane. We have little information on the other two more-local players, with Key having some awful luck with injuries, and Wolfenbarger's mysterious situation at Arkansas.

I'm still somewhat optimistic about Miss Wolfenbarger's future in basketball. Some players appear to adjust just fine to late-teen growth spurts (Thank you, Dalton Knecht); some, not so much. I think Jersey was a 5'8" high school junior before the first of a couple such gains. And without having inside information, it's still OK to speculate (at least on a message board) what might have been "promised" to the local 5-Star All-American to gain her signature. Could she have been led to believe that Coach Neighbors would allow her to run loose and free despite her more fitting, recently acquired physical attributes for the paint? And, who was that guard that could shoot from the other end of the gym? The one who stayed for fifteen seasons! What affect might that have had? Just thinking out loud, the surprise, to me at least, is that she stayed this long.

I confess, I would still like to have her. I'm not sure what went wrong at Arkansas, but she's still Six-Five, and tremendously talented, having trained - and trained hard (just watching her videos was exhausting!) - as a point guard. We could certainly use a slash and dish wing, or even a Four ...with handles. She surely wouldn't have lost all her abilities, standing on the perimeter in Fayetteville? The timing of her portal decision is, or course, curious. Or is it? Hell hath no fury ....

Hope your'e having a hoot in Greenville.
Fantastic post!

Not a good option just not efficient in her play. Very poor free throw shooter and she doesn't like to rebound.
She's a worse version of Justine Pissott. It's like her ability to shoot anything...layups, jumpers, FTs, 3 ptrs...disappeared once she got to college. unless she has more hidden in her sleeve, that is not the droid we are looking for

Reactions: Volfan2012
The portal will likely be hopping more than usual because there is one more COVID year class, but also anyone can transfer anytime now and play immediately. As we've observed with NIL deals now, it's possible to get money just by being on a roster at some places.

Last off season the thought was once the COVID extra year is done it would slow down the portal. That was naive as now the transfer rules are pretty much history. College teams will resemble the travel and AAU circuit where most programs will have a new team annually. My football interest is much lower now than before and the new free agency won't do women's basketball any favors.

Last edited:
Maybe Deja Kelly? I feel like she’s never really reached expectations while at UNC. Still would be surprised to see her leave as she has a podcast there and a strong relationship with the men’s team, but if she wants a shot at the W…
She is a shootaholic. Anyone think Powell shoots to much this girl beats her easily. She is also a senior averaging 17 on 35 percent shooting. Hard to believe it is her unless they ask her to leave putting up 20 shots per game.

She is a shootaholic. Anyone think Powell shoots to much this girl beats her easily. She is also a senior averaging 17 on 35 percent shooting. Hard to believe it is her unless they ask her to leave putting up 20 shots per game.
I just don’t think Deja is that good. She really struggled against international competition on Americup last summer.

VN Store

Back