• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

2017 Magazine Predictions

Nothing to gain? National exposure on a Monday night in the newest stadium in the country. We are TN and ain't scared of the big stage. TN is back to being in Top25; winning again; beating Florida and Georgia again and winning bowl games. Only bama left.

Beating Bama in the regular season would be nice, but so would a win against any SEC west opponent. How about winning the SEC East instead of giving it away? Playing for the SEC Championship as well?

Reactions: 1 person
If.....if the Gators and Dawgs underwhelm and if the Vols win the east. Is that enough for you as a fan to solidify Coach Jones position? How much winning would the Vols have to win to convince you they are back and a power to be respected? East? SEC? Playoff position?

If.....if the Gators and Dawgs underwhelm and if the Vols win the east. Is that enough for you as a fan to solidify Coach Jones position? How much winning would the Vols have to win to convince you they are back and a power to be respected? East? SEC? Playoff position?

Who brought up CBJ?? My comment was simply on Evet Vols comment that beating Bama is the only thing left. Whats wrong with wanting to win the SEC East? It has been there for the taking the last 3 years and is again this year. We haven't won a game against ANY other SEC West opponent not named Bama since beating Ole Miss in 2010. It would be nice to win one against a SEC West team, but probably not this year. Your Jones colored glasses are starting to effect you.

Who brought up CBJ?? My comment was simply on Evet Vols comment that beating Bama is the only thing left. Whats wrong with wanting to win the SEC East? It has been there for the taking the last 3 years and is again this year. We haven't won a game against ANY other SEC West opponent not named Bama since beating Ole Miss in 2010. It would be nice to win one against a SEC West team, but probably not this year. Your Jones colored glasses are starting to effect you.

I brought up CBJ because the title of the thread is 2017 magazine projections. My comment wasn't directed towards yours.

Beating Bama in the regular season would be nice, but so would a win against any SEC west opponent. How about winning the SEC East instead of giving it away? Playing for the SEC Championship as well?

I really think this could be a very good team and it helps they don't have the expectations from the media like last year or even the "fans" it appears.

It is not wat you lost. It is what you have left to work with. Stars will emerge if the coaching is good. We will be in every game if healthy.

One season wouldn't do it for me. He's screwed up in-game several seasons in a row losing games that should've been Ws. He'd probably have to win the East twice in a 3-year period using different QBs for me to believe.

The question for Florida, Georgia and Tennessee isn't about winning the East.

It's about being a good football team.

No one will be satisfied by a team that plays like trash that happens to win the East.

In other words, if Tennessee wins the East but plays like Florida or Missouri in the last few seasons, people will keep questioning Butch

Reactions: 4 people
The question for Florida, Georgia and Tennessee isn't about winning the East.

It's about being a good football team.

No one will be satisfied by a team that plays like trash that happens to win the East.

In other words, if Tennessee wins the East but plays like Florida or Missouri in the last few seasons, people will keep questioning Butch

I understand completely and agree.

But for me, trashy or not, Tennessee has to be in Atlanta in December 2017.

I really think this could be a very good team and it helps they don't have the expectations from the media like last year or even the "fans" it appears.

The SEC East is at its lowest level in 12 years, and is there for the taking with some consistant play by someone. If contending for and winning the SEC East isn't a goal for the staff and the young men inside of the program, then we have much bigger problems regardless of what the media says or anyone else.

Reactions: 2 people
Anybody see Athlon ' s position rankings for the SEC.

Tennessee

QB-10
RB-12
WR/TE-13
OL-9
DL-10
LB-10
DB-9

by those measurables we should be one of the worst teams in the SEC. Where do you see our rankings?

Athlon Sports

#19 in the Nation, #3 in the SEC East with an overall record of 8-4, and 4-4 in the SEC.

Postseason: Outback Bowl vs. Wisconsin

Based on Jones' track record here, this seems like a realistic prediction. Maybe it's my orange colored glasses, but I think we can finish with 2-3 regular season losses. Hopefully the injury bug will stay away.

Anybody see Athlon ' s position rankings for the SEC.

Tennessee

QB-10
RB-12
WR/TE-13
OL-9
DL-10
LB-10
DB-9

by those measurables we should be one of the worst teams in the SEC. Where do you see our rankings?

Those are not "measurables." Those are "we really have no idea what TN has" due to youth and returnees from injuries.

Exactly. Because we know its either or. UT was a basketball school before Jones got here.

Well it sure as he!! wasn't a successful football school in recent years. The last 15 years, which is a long freaking time, have been largely forgettable--and include around 6 (yes, 6) losing seasons. That is 2 losing seasons out of every 5 played.

And going on nearly 20 years since a conference title.

Yes, we all want to win titles, but it can be, and has been, worse.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back