2017 Magazine Predictions

sounds about right. though i can still see 7-5....should we lose to GT.

7-5 is the absolute best this team will do. I expect a losing record, removal of Butch Jones, and the current Top 5 recruiting class dissolving like Alka Seltzer.

Lindys hates us

LOL, that's a very good thing. I haven't looked at the results but I've always considered them one of the worst "predictors" out there. I wonder how many times they've gotten the number one right or even half of the top 10 right.

I quit looking at them many years ago when they talked about how this QB for the Ducks was going to be great..... He'd been kicked off the squad about 9 months BEFORE the Lindy's mag came out.......

Last edited:
I saw on Twitter that Jason swain said this team has a long way to go. He said the defense is way out in front of the offense, which is scary, because he also said the defense looks like it did through the last quarter of last season. I guess we will see soon enough. But it's a little unnerving to hear a vfl say those things. When asked about it, he said there's no reason to sugar coat anything. The public will see the team on September 4th.

I saw on Twitter that Jason swain said this team has a long way to go. He said the defense is way out in front of the offense, which is scary, because he also said the defense looks like it did through the last quarter of last season. I guess we will see soon enough. But it's a little unnerving to hear a vfl say those things. When asked about it, he said there's no reason to sugar coat anything. The public will see the team on September 4th.

I see you are new here.
Many here have little or no respect for Swain's opionion.
Just FYI.

Reactions: 1 person
Good to know. And I'm not really new. I've been following the forum for a while. I just don't post much. I guess we will see on September 4th. But I'm looking forward to it. I see it as things are rarely as good or bad as they seem.

Reactions: 1 person
The NegaVols are already busily crafting their 64-color response package for any possible outcome:

-- Fahr Butch for losing to Ga Tech!
-- Fahr Butch for letting it get to overtime!
-- Fahr Butch for not locking the game up until the 4th Qtr!
-- Fahr Butch for _[insert name here]__ getting injured, we shoulda KNEW better than to play a wishbone team!
-- Fahr Butch for bad sportsmanship, no need to lay on so many points!
-- Fahr Butch for calling some of the plays himself, he should delegate!
-- Fahr Butch for not doing a damn thing in the game, making his OC and DC handle almost all of it!
-- Fahr Butch for that awful post-game interview and the smug look on his face!

I'm not one of them, so those are just some guesses. They'll have a far more complete set of colors than that.

Flipside:

-- Any coach could have forgot he had no time outs left and tried to call one with 30 seconds remaining, essentially blowing the game!

-- GT is a really good team. Very underrated!

-- Just because that play hasn't worked once all game doesn't mean it was wrong to try it again.

-- Kicking that FG on the 5 yard line down a TD with 1 min to go was the right call!!

Last edited:

Those quotes came from Butch weeks ago, he's just repeating what Butch said...

VN Store

Back