2017 Magazine Predictions

If you order off his website you can get the SEC cover (he makes a different one for each conference) which has no Bammers on it :)

I looked and the one I posted is all I see -- wouldn't blow 21 dollars on it anyway though -- To me he is just a money grab

Predictions are for bookies and bettors.

I expect a win prior to the start of each game. I strongly suspect the young men who play for the good guys have the same expectation.

I won't equate football with war, but a good analogy is soldiers going into battle. To be victorious there must be the expectation of victory. I will concede that may not be the deciding factor, but you can't win without it.

12 wins until proven otherwise...

I kind of hated reading Caleb Calhoun last year before the season started because it seemed to me that he was incessantly pounding the table about us being overhyped. Well, in checking out the buzz heading into fall camp I decided to see if he had offered his opinion on our prospects for this year. It seems that he thinks there's reasons why we will be better this year than last. Finally. Somebody is writing what I wanted to read. I just didn't think it would be this guy.

Tennessee football enters the 2017 season with much lower expectations than 2016. But the 2017 Volunteers may actually be better. Here are four reasons why.

The general consensus about Tennessee football going into the 2017 season is that the Vols can’t be anymore than a nine-win team with Butch Jones at the helm.

What’s the reasoning for that?

Well, the one year they actually had Top 10 expectations, they came up short. Never mind that teams fail to meet expectations every year and every single hall of fame coach ever had underachieving teams.

Coaches are apparently judged by the first year they have expectations.

Anyway, with Jones entering his fifth year as head coach, experts now predict the Vols to be significantly worse.

Their basis?

Well, this year, Tennessee is breaking in a new quarterback to replace Joshua Dobbs and lost key weapons in Derek Barnett, Alvin Kamara, Josh Malone, Cameron Sutton and Jalen Reeves-Maybin.

However, if you truly delve into the Vols’ roster, they could actually be better this year. In fact, this team could be significantly better.

Read the full article at this link:

http://allfortennessee.com/2017/06/27/tennessee-football-4-reason-vols-better-2017/

Reactions: 2 people
5-7 maybe 6-6. New QB, first year starter runningback, lost our best receiver, o line should be solid. Lost our best defensive lineman, 2 starting DTs are returning from injury, lost our best corner. 7-5 or 8-4 would be great this year imo

7-5, absolutely not great.

8-4, not happy.

New QB is a Jr. who is talented, has had playing time, D-line full of talent, OL deep experienced and talent. Corners should be improved, Sutton was out most of last season which helped them w/ experience. Another year for TK, Nigel Warrior, Berry, LB's 4* Bituli, Sapp, Kirkland, heck even bates. JK at RB has shown he is a fighter and runs 22mph (i think). I want to see Berry on the field more than just spec teams. We are way better than you tout.
As long as we don't put in Colton Jumper and don't get tons of injuries, it's another 9 win season, 10 w/ bowl game. That's not negative or sunshine pumping. 1 over 9 wins is optimistic, 1 less pessimistic, both possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I heard ga looked like a dumpster fire during their spring practices..

Smart is in over his head. He was suppose to step in like Fuentte at VTech. To think he lost to Butch. Does that make him a bad coach? Or does that mean CBJ is a better coach than some think?

I expect 121 will show out and validate a lot of players and coaches.

I like our chances. See you in Atlanta in January.

Reactions: 3 people
I kind of hated reading Caleb Calhoun last year before the season started because it seemed to me that he was incessantly pounding the table about us being overhyped. Well, in checking out the buzz heading into fall camp I decided to see if he had offered his opinion on our prospects for this year. It seems that he thinks there's reasons why we will be better this year than last. Finally. Somebody is writing what I wanted to read. I just didn't think it would be this guy.

Read the full article at this link:

http://allfortennessee.com/2017/06/27/tennessee-football-4-reason-vols-better-2017/

This kid made a lot of sense..Writes well too

Reactions: 1 person
I heard ga looked like a dumpster fire during their spring practices..
My neighbor is a UGA grad and a big fan. He said Eason looked like crap during the Spring game and doesn't hold out much hope for the fall. I hope he's right. GO VOLS!!

My neighbor is a UGA grad and a big fan. He said Eason looked like crap during the Spring game and doesn't hold out much hope for the fall. I hope he's right. GO VOLS!!

Spring games, meh.

Wasn't Bray 3 for 30 or something like that one year at the O & W game?

DGzYtUlUIAA9EBD.jpg:large

VN Store

Back