2017 Magazine Predictions

If Kirby doesn't win the East this season, it's probably the beginning of the end for him even though it make take a few more seasons. 2017 is for UGA what 2016 was for UTK. Stars are lined up for the Dawgs.

Kirby Smart is in year 2 why would this be a make or break year for UGA? he doesn't even have 2 full recruiting cycles yet, This is a ridiculous statement!

I do believe that Kirby won't be a great coach but to judge him in year 2 is ridiculous!!!

Reactions: 4 people
I see us with loses to Florida, LSU & Alabama. That will give us a 9 - 3 regular season record. A bowl win will give us 10 - 3 season.
The key is when the passing offense struggles in a game or two this season, can the defense and the run game do enough to win those games??????????

Reactions: 1 person
Kirby Smart is in year 2 why would this be a make or break year for UGA? he doesn't even have 2 full recruiting cycles yet, This is a ridiculous statement!

I do believe that Kirby won't be a great coach but to judge him in year 2 is ridiculous!!!

Kirby Smart is not very smart. I predict he will eventually be run out of Georgia. He may get an old friend to put him on some staff in college or the NFL. After a couple of years in that position, he will take a head coaching job at University of Akron or some college of that size....

5-7 maybe 6-6. New QB, first year starter runningback, lost our best receiver, o line should be solid. Lost our best defensive lineman, 2 starting DTs are returning from injury, lost our best corner. 7-5 or 8-4 would be great this year imo

You haven't noticed that we hold every other schools coach to a standard that we won't enforce, or expect, for Butch.

"Kirby better win the SEC East in year 2, or he's packing his bags!!"

"It's only year 5, we had injuries, and look how far Dooley let the program fall. Butch needs more time! Get off his back, NegaVols!!"

Reactions: 5 people
The prospect of beating another middle of the pack Big 10 team in the postseason is tantalizing. It really makes up for likely missing out on another SEC Championship.

Those bricks just keep piling up.

Why would you want to represent the S.E.C. East in the SECCG, only to lose to Alabama on national t.v. by 28 points for a second time in the same season????
Going to the SECCG and losing only gives the coaches their bonuses and gets more money for the program by playing in a 14th game in one season....
Do you think that San Diego is happy about making the Superbowl in the early 1990's and getting beat by the 49er's by 30 points?????????

Athlon Sports

#19 in the Nation, #3 in the SEC East with an overall record of 8-4, and 4-4 in the SEC.

Postseason: Outback Bowl vs. Wisconsin

I would put this prediction at the upper end of reasonableness. I would say the LSU tilt is the wild card on the schedule. If Butch can shake the SEC west monkey off his back then 9-3 and 5-3 should be the end result.

Why would you want to represent the S.E.C. East in the SECCG, only to lose to Alabama on national t.v. by 28 points for a second time in the same season????
Going to the SECCG and losing only gives the coaches their bonuses and gets more money for the program by playing in a 14th game in one season....
Do you think that San Diego is happy about making the Superbowl in the early 1990's and getting beat by the 49er's by 30 points?????????

:thud:

Kirby Smart is not very smart. I predict he will eventually be run out of Georgia. He may get an old friend to put him on some staff in college or the NFL. After a couple of years in that position, he will take a head coaching job at University of Akron or some college of that size....

After seeing 1 season of coaching, you've determined the outcome of the rest of Smart's career? Please share the magical method you've used to ascertain this knowledge. :popcorn:

Reactions: 2 people
If GT beat the Vols, I see the wheels coming off and changes ahead.

eh. i think we'll handle GT. they have as many, or more, questions as us.
the only 'scare' factor is the offensive style. and we have from now to September to prepare.

that said, as i look at the schedule, i'm still hesitant to say it's a four sure W.

the reality is we won't know what we got til we suit up and play.

8-4/7-5 is where i've been on team 121, and i don't see any reason to change it right now.

so we circle back to....if it's hard, don't try.

sheesh.

Reactions: 6 people

For the love of God, please use blue font with posts like this!

Wait...you ARE kidding, right?

Reactions: 7 people
Athlon Sports

#19 in the Nation, #3 in the SEC East with an overall record of 8-4, and 4-4 in the SEC.

Postseason: Outback Bowl vs. Wisconsin

About right take the 8 and 4 plus a win over a over rated little 10 school and then let the hype begin for the 2018 season.:lolabove:

This bama team won't be as strong as last year, last year's team was Nick's best and had the most talent on it, this team has talent but they will be young bama will lose 2 games and WON'T make the playoffs this year but look out the 18 and 19 season they will be loaded plus this best every recruiting class will be juniors in year 2019 this is the year to beat them.:thud:

If Kirby doesn't win the East this season, it's probably the beginning of the end for him even though it make take a few more seasons. 2017 is for UGA what 2016 was for UTK. Stars are lined up for the Dawgs.

True for more reasons than you might realize. This is absolutely make or break for Smart. If he doesn't produce, three things happen. First, we get absolutely decimated by graduation and JR's leaving early. Second, this poor recruiting start turns into a rout and our talent starts to nosedive. Third, 2019 makes him look like the reincarnation of Ray Goff, or maybe Derek Dooley. That's a triple whammy that Kirby won't ever overcome.

The prospect of beating another middle of the pack Big 10 team in the postseason is tantalizing. It really makes up for likely missing out on another SEC Championship.

Those bricks just keep piling up.

If OSU and UM can get credit for beating the Big 10 teams so should we.

Who would you want us to play in a bowl game? We're in the SEC, they aren't going to have us play another SEC team during a bowl.

So you think 2016 was probably the beginning of the end for CBJ, even though it make take a few years longer before he's fired?

If OSU and UM can get credit for beating the Big 10 teams so should we.

Who would you want us to play in a bowl game? We're in the SEC, they aren't going to have us play another SEC team during a bowl.

I know what you mean and I agree, but I know what he meant and I agree.

Can I ask a favor.....please don't refer to us as UTK.
That is a Bama way to refer to us.
We are UT or Tennessee.
Thanks, and sorry for the scolding. Just a pet peeve.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back