2012 Schedule discussion

That looks like a very favourable schedule! I think we can win 8 games minimum on that...

Is this definitely final?

That looks like a very favourable schedule! I think we can win 8 games minimum on that...

Is this definitely final?

not yet no

UPDATE — Scratch that last part. SEC spokesperson Charles Bloom told us today that it would be unusual for the league to release its schedule — officially — before the spring.

For the sake of ticket sales, it’s likely schools around the conference will release their schedules sooner than that. (Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne has said schools should know their schedules by Christmas.) But if you’re wanting one big announcement from Birmingham, it doesn’t look like one’s going to be coming anytime soon.

Stay tuned.

8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic) W
9/8 - Georgia State W
9/15 - Florida Tossup
9/22 - Akron W
9/29 - at Georgia L
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Mississippi State W
10/20 - Alabama L
10/27 - at South Carolina Tossup
11/3 - Troy W
11/10- Missouri Tossup
11/17 - at Vanderbilt W
11/24 - Kentucky W

8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic) W
9/8 - Georgia State W
9/15 - Florida Tossup
9/22 - Akron W
9/29 - at Georgia L
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Mississippi State W
10/20 - Alabama L
10/27 - at South Carolina Tossup
11/3 - Troy W
11/10- Missouri Tossup
11/17 - at Vanderbilt W
11/24 - Kentucky W

There is no way Mizzou is a tossup. We should beat the crap out of them. I mean they will be going through their first season SEC play. I say everyone will try to kick the crap out of them.

There is no way Mizzou is a tossup. We should beat the crap out of them. I mean they will be going through their first season SEC play. I say everyone will try to kick the crap out of them.

They have some young playmakers. I don't think it will be a walk. They should be the better of the two newcomers next year.

I love how you people think we won't improve...especially the gator fan on here. Everyone else improves, but we don't? Stop being so freaking negative. I believe we beat Florida this year, they don't scare me at all. we start 4-0, we do go into a little bit of a slump losing at Georgia, at MSU, and Alabama, we might be able to beat South Carolina but idk. And then beat Missouri vandy and kentucky. Idk what to think about MSU or SC...MSU was in a down year this year, but Dan Mullen will have them back next year. MSU isn't a cakewalk anymore. Idk what to think about Carolina tho...it is at carolina next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I love how you people think we won't improve...especially the gator fan on here. Everyone else improves, but we don't? Stop being so freaking negative. I believe we beat Florida this year, they don't scare me at all. we start 4-0, we do go into a little bit of a slump losing at Georgia, at MSU, and Alabama, we might be able to beat South Carolina but idk. And then beat Missouri vandy and kentucky. Idk what to think about MSU or SC...MSU was in a down year this year, but Dan Mullen will have them back next year. MSU isn't a cakewalk anymore. Idk what to think about Carolina tho...it is at carolina next year.

The problem and the reason why so many people are being so negative is because Dooley is a terrible coach. For some reason some people can't seem to get that. He was a last minute hire coming off of a 4-8 record at LA Tech. Several coaches turned the job down before we SETTLED with Dooley because we didn't have much of a choice if we wanted to get some recruiting in. And thats Dooley ONLY redeeming quality. He's a decent recruiter, but so what. Fulmer was a better recruiter. Recruits mean nothing if you can't coach them. Dooley has done nothing to earn the respect that some Tennessee fans give him. I don't care if you can speak well in a press conference. I don't care about how many programs you start at Tennessee. I don't care if you are a true southerner. I don't give a rats ass about anything but winning football games. I understand that it takes more than 2 years to rebuild a program but if you think this team is being coached well after the end of this year then you are delusional and in denial about the coaching ability of this coaching staff.

it's not that you won't improve. everyone will improve. it's how much you have to improve that's the problem.

for example, in sec games, tennessee averaged 63.5 yards per game rushing. if you doubled that (which would be a hell of an improvement), you'd be ranked 10th in rushing offense in 2011.

i keep reading all of these posts dogging missouri or mississippi state or whoever.

you came an overtime away from an 0-8 sec season.

there should be no team that anyone takes for granted.

it's not that you won't improve. everyone will improve. it's how much you have to improve that's the problem.

for example, in sec games, tennessee averaged 63.5 yards per game rushing. if you doubled that (which would be a hell of an improvement), you'd be ranked 10th in rushing offense in 2011.

i keep reading all of these posts dogging missouri or mississippi state or whoever.

you came an overtime away from an 0-8 sec season.

there should be no team that anyone takes for granted.

Even GA ST?

The problem and the reason why so many people are being so negative is because Dooley is a terrible coach. For some reason some people can't seem to get that. He was a last minute hire coming off of a 4-8 record at LA Tech. Several coaches turned the job down before we SETTLED with Dooley because we didn't have much of a choice if we wanted to get some recruiting in. And thats Dooley ONLY redeeming quality. He's a decent recruiter, but so what. Fulmer was a better recruiter. Recruits mean nothing if you can't coach them. Dooley has done nothing to earn the respect that some Tennessee fans give him. I don't care if you can speak well in a press conference. I don't care about how many programs you start at Tennessee. I don't care if you are a true southerner. I don't give a rats ass about anything but winning football games. I understand that it takes more than 2 years to rebuild a program but if you think this team is being coached well after the end of this year then you are delusional and in denial about the coaching ability of this coaching staff.

I don't give a rats ass about your opinion either. If nothing but winning games means anything, then you are a pathetic excuse for a Tennessee Volunteer.

I don't give a rats ass about your opinion either. If nothing but winning games means anything, then you are a pathetic excuse for a Tennessee Volunteer.

Elaborate

Are you a better fan because you enjoy the torch bearer?

Are you a better fan because you have a degree from Tennessee?

We have 9 conference games and another tough game to start the year out against NC State. We are coming off a year where we won one conference game. I just dont see us improving that drastically especially since Georgia, Florida, USC, and Vandy will all be better next year.

We will be better also. I feel pretty good about our chances in 2012. I just hope the world doesn't end before our bcs bowl game!

7-5...assuming key players avoid injury. Until the OL proves otherwise and/or we find a top flight RB, I'm not buying a running game. 7 wins tops.

VN Store

Back