2012 Schedule discussion

Is is an assumption that Florida stays a September game and Mizzou a November game? Or is there some actual evidence for it?

We really need some schedule balance - I mean if you take the historical "haves" and have-nots" we play three straight divisional games against the have-nots with a West team thrown in after the USC game. I don't think a traditional "have" gets a schedule so front-loaded as ours.

Is is an assumption that Florida stays a September game and Mizzou a November game? Or is there some actual evidence for it?

We really need some schedule balance - I mean if you take the historical "haves" and have-nots" we play three straight divisional games against the have-nots with a West team thrown in after the USC game. I don't think a traditional "have" gets a schedule so front-loaded as ours.

The schedule that jmoore posted above is what one of the VQ writers said earlier.

Trading LSU and Arkansas for Missouri and Mississippi State is a fantastic trade.

Actually its really just trading Arky and sticking to the interchanging West opponents. So therefore its really just trading Arky for Missouri. No need to add LSU or Miss. State in there. LOL

I'm just messing with ya bud. I hear were trading Montana for NC State.

I agree this is a good trade but I have to admit I heard some preseason comments from espn this past season along the lines of "looking forward to the SEC quarterback matchup that is Tyler Bray vs Tyler Wilson" and obviously that never happened. I would like to see that as well.

Keep in mind before the cloud over UT reared it's ugly head Bray and Wilson were neck and neck in stats for who is the best QB in the SEC.

I agree this is a good trade but I have to admit I heard some preseason comments from espn this past season along the lines of "looking forward to the SEC quarterback matchup that is Tyler Bray vs Tyler Wilson" and obviously that never happened. I would like to see that as well.

Keep in mind before the cloud over UT reared it's ugly head Bray and Wilson were neck and neck in stats for who is the best QB in the SEC.

I hate to admit this but IMO Wilson isn't the best qb in the league. I mean he never had a stretch like Murray did at UGA after the UT game through the GT game. I mean Murray pretty much carried that team for a good bit.

Trading LSU and Arkansas for Missouri and Mississippi State is a fantastic trade.

Not really...Miss St runs the dreaded spread option which We have never stopped and Mizzou runs almost the same style of offense...Miss St won't be scared of us however Mizzou might be a bit nervous it being their first game ever at Neyland.

I hate to admit this but IMO Wilson isn't the best qb in the league. I mean he never had a stretch like Murray did at UGA after the UT game through the GT game. I mean Murray pretty much carried that team for a good bit.

Eh. Murray is streaky though. His play makes or breaks that team and quite often he shoes either a great performance or an absolutely dismal one.

If Murray was a "very good" QB, UGA would have beaten us by 25.

Well if the ref that threw two bull crap PI's vs Vereen and didn't throw the PI against UGA on Rivera wasn't a pissed off Vandy alum, we prolly win by 25. Like I said in my post, after our game Murray went on a pretty good run with something around 30 touchdowns to 5 interceptions.

sept 1 - nc state* (georgia dome)--w
sept 8 - vs. Ga state-w
sept 15 - vs. Florida-w
sept 22 - vs. Akron-w
sept 29 - @ uga-l
oct 6 - bye
oct 13 - @ ms state-w
oct 20 - vs. Alabama-l
oct. 27 - @ usce-l
nov. 3 - vs. Troy-w
nov. 10 - vs. Mizzou-w
nov. 17 - @ vanderbilt-w
nov. 24 - vs. Uk-w
imo

Well if the ref that threw two bull crap PI's vs Vereen and didn't throw the PI against UGA on Rivera wasn't a pissed off Vandy alum, we prolly win by 25. Like I said in my post, after our game Murray went on a pretty good run with something around 30 touchdowns to 5 interceptions.

And if it hadn't been for that -29 yards rushing.............

But yet only beat us by 8? Seems like with -29 rushing y'all should be getting favorable field position and scoring more than 2 tds and 2 fg

So how is this a slam, as was indicated, on the defense? Either way, it still shows on our schedule as a "W". I just find in amusing when some say that you should have won that game when you had -29 yds rushing. I don't think that's a realistic, objective opinion. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion, right or wrong.

VN Store

Back