2012 Schedule discussion

This was what was posted from another thread.

8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic)
9/8 - Georgia State
9/15 - Florida
9/22 - Akron
9/29 - at Georgia
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Mississippi State
10/20 - Alabama
10/27 - at South Carolina
11/3 - Troy
11/10- Missouri
11/17 - at Vanderbilt
11/24 - Kentucky

I read when Mizzou and A&M joined, the SEC was going to go to 9 conference games. Was that substantiated or divisions only play their protected rivalry and one other rotating team? Also, if we do play 9 conference games which team gets the boot from this schedule?

8/30 or 9/1 - NC State (Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic) W
9/8 - Georgia State W
9/15 - Florida W
9/22 - Akron W
9/29 - at Georgia L
10/6 - BYE
10/13 - at Mississippi State W
10/20 - Alabama L
10/27 - at South Carolina W
11/3 - Troy W
11/10- Missouri W
11/17 - at Vanderbilt W
11/24 - Kentucky W

I read when Mizzou and A&M joined, the SEC was going to go to 9 conference games. Was that substantiated or divisions only play their protected rivalry and one other rotating team? Also, if we do play 9 conference games which team gets the boot from this schedule?

10-2, possibly 9-3.

Reactions: 2 people

9/8 - Georgia State
9/15 - Florida
9/22 - Akron
9/29 - at Georgia
10/6 - BYE
10/20 - Alabama
11/3 - Troy
11/10- Missouri
11/17 - at Vanderbilt
11/24 - Kentucky

8 con games next year. this schedule is right. i saw the same thing on another site.

9/8 - Georgia State
9/15 - Florida
9/22 - Akron
9/29 - at Georgia
10/6 - BYE
10/20 - Alabama
11/3 - Troy
11/10- Missouri
11/17 - at Vanderbilt
11/24 - Kentucky

we're playing 8 conf games for at least the immediate future (next few seasons). The coaches are against an immediate move to 9 conference games (...though the feeling is that they will eventually have to make such a change since by around 2016 or 2017, all the other major conferences will also have adopted a 9 conference game setup)

but for the matter posted, no, there will not be a 9 conference game schedule next season. Been reported quite a bit on that

8 con games next year. this schedule is right. i saw the same thing on another site.

I think this had gotten leaked by a radio station in TN initially (i believe) but the SEC offices released this either that day or the day after

UPDATE — Scratch that last part. SEC spokesperson Charles Bloom told us today that it would be unusual for the league to release its schedule — officially — before the spring.

For the sake of ticket sales, it’s likely schools around the conference will release their schedules sooner than that. (Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne has said schools should know their schedules by Christmas.) But if you’re wanting one big announcement from Birmingham, it doesn’t look like one’s going to be coming anytime soon.

Stay tuned.

...it almost seems like it's still at a little bit at a "take it for what it's worth" level.....SEC probably doesn't want to officially announce any schedules involving Missouri until WVU-Big East gets settled in favor of a mountaineers move

I just can't see many obvious losses. We have UGA's schedule from this year.

We have 9 conference games and another tough game to start the year out against NC State. We are coming off a year where we won one conference game. I just dont see us improving that drastically especially since Georgia, Florida, USC, and Vandy will all be better next year.

We have 9 conference games and another tough game to start the year out against NC State. We are coming off a year where we won one conference game. I just dont see us improving that drastically especially since Georgia, Florida, USC, and Vandy will all be better next year.

8 conference games. Those teams will improve but not UT? UF loses Brantley, Demps and Rainey...they shouldn't scare many SEC opponents.

Reactions: 2 people

We should kill Vandy next year, USC possibly loses a lot of players to the draft, Florida loses Demps and Rainey, and Georgia will still be strong.

We should be much better.

Reactions: 1 person
Ending the year with KY? Why would we do that to ourselves? What if we're playing to be bowl eligible? Geez!

8 conference games. Won't have 9 for at least the next 2 years

9/8 - Georgia State
9/15 - Florida
9/22 - Akron
9/29 - at Georgia
10/6 - BYE
10/20 - Alabama
11/3 - Troy
11/10- Missouri
11/17 - at Vanderbilt
11/24 - Kentucky

So if this right the bammer game in kville will actually fall on the 3rd Saturday in October....:good!:

Dooley should get at least 9 games. If not I might have to change my opinion about him.That is a easy non conference schedule.

VN Store

Back