'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

I picked up Tennessee's basketball magazine and thumbed through it. I found it interesting that they put Zach Kent in the nation's top prospects section. I'm glad we got him but felt it strange to see him there. I didn't know if he was just added because we were close to signing him at press or what. Stokes was there too.

Prior to this year, Kent attended St. Andrew’s School in Middleton, Delaware. As a junior there in 2015-16, Kent earned All-Delaware Independent School Conference acclaim after averaging 17 points and nine rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-points range and 80 percent at the free-throw line. Kent also earned third-team status on the Delaware Sportswriters and Broadcasters Association’s All-State Team.

3rd team in talent rich Delaware. Impressive.

3rd team in talent rich Delaware. Impressive.

If Tennessee basketball made me as miserable as you seem, I'd probably play in traffic...like, a lot. Or just choose to cheer for another team and spare myself the utter depression it seems to cause.

You don't like Barnes. I think we get it. Just like the babies of the entitlement generation who are whining and protesting the election, your outcry isn't changing anything.

Reactions: 3 people
He had offers from Maryland, Dayton, Providence, Seton Hall and Oregon. Those teams know a little about basketball. This guy will be a diamond in the rough with some added weight and strength.

True. I'd still like to add Stokes though. We really need to land some highly touted players if possible.

If Tennessee basketball made me as miserable as you seem, I'd probably play in traffic...like, a lot. Or just choose to cheer for another team and spare myself the utter depression it seems to cause.

You don't like Barnes. I think we get it. Just like the babies of the entitlement generation who are whining and protesting the election, your outcry isn't changing anything.

He is a miserable dolt

Reactions: 1 person
True. I'd still like to add Stokes though. We really need to land some highly touted players if possible.

Not surprised-

On the football side, you defend every 3 star recruit Butch gets.

On the basketball side, you say Barnes needs to land highly touted players.

While I agree with everything you said but the bolded part, not everyone in my generation is like that and to the ones that are like that it's because of the way they were raised, or in some situations not raised by the previous generation. Who's to blame there?

He had offers from Maryland, Dayton, Providence, Seton Hall and Oregon. Those teams know a little about basketball. This guy will be a diamond in the rough with some added weight and strength.

All those teams you listed backed off him, some after he unofficially visited there. His final three committable offers were Tennessee, Northwestern and St. Boneventure.

All those teams you listed backed off him, some after he unofficially visited there. His final three committable offers were Tennessee, Northwestern and St. Boneventure.

Wow, but we shouldn't be surprised anymore

Not surprised-

On the football side, you defend every 3 star recruit Butch gets.

On the basketball side, you say Barnes needs to land highly touted players.

Coaches like Calipari, Pearl, Izzo, Coach K, win with 4* & 5*s recruits. I've seen plenty of coaches in college football that's won with 3*s players and we have some good players that Butch has recruited who were only 3*s in high school. It's a lot different. You're the one who's negative on both sides so why do you care what I think?

Maybe they backed off because he wasn't interested after he visited.

Coaches like Calipari, Pearl, Izzo, Coach K, win with 4* & 5*s recruits. I've seen plenty of coaches in college football that's won with 3*s players and we have some good players that Butch has recruited who were only 3*s in high school. It's a lot different. You're the one who's negative on both sides so why do you care what I think?

Tennessee will never win a Championship in the SEC with a roster of mainly 3 stars in either sport. Especially football.

Tennessee will never win a Championship in the SEC with a roster of mainly 3 stars in either sport. Especially football.

I can agree with you on that. I think you take a coach that's capable of coaching them 3* recruits up in football or basketball then there's a chance it can happen but you still need at least one 4*-5* player or two thrown in to get to the top.

I can agree with you on that. I think you take a coach that's capable of coaching them 3* recruits up in football or basketball then there's a chance it can happen but you still need at least one 4*-5* player or two thrown in to get to the top.
Or jucos like Kevin Punter. Forbes 3rd team All American last year was 1st team All SouCon. He recruited a 1st and 2nd team All American pair of jucos this year.

Or jucos like Kevin Punter. Forbes 3rd team All American last year was 1st team All SouCon. He recruited a 1st and 2nd team All American pair of jucos this year.

Speaking of Punter, I sure miss that guy from 2016. He was such an improved player all because of Barnes changing his shot. People shouldn't say Barnes doesn't know what he's doing.

He changed Punter's game around for the best & now he's overseas playing & making decent money too. I don't know if that would have happened for him if not for Barnes.

Speaking of Punter, I sure miss that guy from 2016. He was such an improved player all because of Barnes changing his shot. People shouldn't say Barnes doesn't know what he's doing.

He changed Punter's game around for the best & now he's overseas playing & making decent money too. I don't know if that would have happened for him if not for Barnes.
Ditto for Tyndall and Richardson.

While I agree with everything you said but the bolded part, not everyone in my generation is like that and to the ones that are like that it's because of the way they were raised, or in some situations not raised by the previous generation. Who's to blame there?

I never intended to characterize everyone from your generation. Obviously not everyone your age is guilty of an attitude of entitlement. I was speaking in generalities.

VN Store

Back