'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

Reminds me of a big man from europe. Big strong a good rebounder. But does not have an inside game at all. Shoot more 3's that posts up. Not quick so I wonder how he will fit coach Barnes defense. Not a good leaper but can be a 5 to 10 min player his 1st year or will redshirt to improve his inside game. I wish Alexander could have red shirted his first year.

Reminds me of a big man from europe. Big strong a good rebounder. But does not have an inside game at all. Shoot more 3's that posts up. Not quick so I wonder how he will fit coach Barnes defense. Not a good leaper but can be a 5 to 10 min player his 1st year or will redshirt to improve his inside game. I wish Alexander could have red shirted his first year.

He was a decent scorer at his last school. Virtually nothing since transferring. I guess a difference in being one of the main guys before.
Blair's guards don't seem to look inside much.

He reminds me of a poor man's version of Kyle Wiltjer. I think he possibly could have a role next year because of his size, however in the film I watched he does not seem to be a rim protector. I think his best bet to get playing time is to try to fill the role that Lew Evans is filling this year.

He reminds me of a poor man's version of Kyle Wiltjer. I think he possibly could have a role next year because of his size, however in the film I watched he does not seem to be a rim protector. I think his best bet to get playing time is to try to fill the role that Lew Evans is filling this year.

We should probably trust CRB here. Especially after most folks opinion of this last class. Utah has had some success with guys like this, that can stretch the floor. And are willing to be taught inside contribution.

Reactions: 2 people
Haven't seen enough of him to say that, my point being is go back and look at the threads for Fulkerson and Williams. Those were probably the 2 most critiqued guys in last years class and yet considering how he was playing before his injury an argument could be made that those are the 2 having the most impressive freshman seasons. My point being, Barnes' saw something in those guys very few others did, I'm leaning towards giving him the benefit of the doubt given what we are seeing from his guys.

Not saying it happens, but if they land Williams and Pons I could definitely see a scenario where Kent redshirts. The 2018 class is gonna be small and it'd be a way to even out the roster while still having a big guy on campus and developing him while he gets stronger.
Williams had tons of positives and played well against elite competition.
Fulk? Gangly white guys are always going to get criticism.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully Kent can be a competent version of Lew Evans. If he can stretch the floor, rebound, and play defense then he should be alright. Lew, is quite possibly the worst player to ever to put on a UT uniform. If you put him in a rec league gym you wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the other guys

Hopefully Kent can be a competent version of Lew Evans. If he can stretch the floor, rebound, and play defense then he should be alright. Lew, is quite possibly the worst player to ever to put on a UT uniform. If you put him in a rec league gym you wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the other guys

I think that Evans is getting minutes because he is competent. It's not because of his blazing speed, incredible leaping ability, or amazing shooting range.

I think that Evans is getting minutes because he is competent. It's not because of his blazing speed, incredible leaping ability, or amazing shooting range.

He's a poor man's version of Ryan Childress. He's getting minutes because he's a body. He is completely overmatched anytime he steps on the floor

He's a poor man's version of Ryan Childress. He's getting minutes because he's a body. He is completely overmatched anytime he steps on the floor

Completely different player than he was in Delaware.
Watched 3 of his games.
At Blair he's just there.

That's because he's a smallish 4 that has to guard the 5. He's doing what he's supposed to do on offense. On defense he has his hands full guarding guys 4, 5, 6 inches taller while trying to help cover when the young players are blowing their assignments.

That's because he's a smallish 4 that has to guard the 5. He's doing what he's supposed to do on offense. On defense he has his hands full guarding guys 4, 5, 6 inches taller while trying to help cover when the young players are blowing their assignments.

He's 6-10.

Okay. You guys switched to Evans.
Disregard.

Last edited:

He's guarding guys over 7 feet every night? He's zero threat to score from any spot on the floor. Most teams give him the outside shot but all he does is a telegraphed pump fake before handing the ball back off or he'll drive to the goal uncontrollably and get his shot blocked

He's guarding guys over 7 feet every night? He's zero threat to score from any spot on the floor. Most teams give him the outside shot but all he does is a telegraphed pump fake before handing the ball back off or he'll drive to the goal uncontrollably and get his shot blocked

A telegraphed pump fake? Wtf is that?

VN Store

Back