'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

Does anyone know if Kent is signing with Vols tomorrow? Also will Stokes sign with anyone tomorrow? TIA

Kent is signing, not sure if it's tomorrow but he will be an early signee. Haven't heard anything on Stokes, but I would think he's likely to sign early unless he wants his options further limited.

Kent is signing, not sure if it's tomorrow but he will be an early signee. Haven't heard anything on Stokes, but I would think he's likely to sign early unless he wants his options further limited.

I bet Barnes wanted him more bc of height and probably faster then stokes but I want stokes too bc he has that thick body and so he can be vfl like his brother unlike Tobias Fitch ass brother.

I bet Barnes wanted him more bc of height and probably faster then stokes but I want stokes too bc he has that thick body and so he can be vfl like his brother unlike Tobias Fitch ass brother.

Little harsh there player.

Can't blame Tyler. Imo Stay somewhat close to home, play for a squad that has a snow balls chance at making the dance and play for a coach like Cooley. Or he could have rolled the dice and came into our smoldering dumpster fire. Hmmm

Says the guy that said he was done with the university and college sports.

I've avoided telling my story on here.
Having a relative who starts on the team, and a conversation with a coach and several players, I've extended a probation period to the Vols. Not that i owe you an explanation *******. Kent is not a game changing recruit. Period.

I've avoided telling my story on here.
Having a relative who starts on the team, and a conversation with a coach and several players, I've extended a probation period to the Vols. Not that i owe you an explanation *******. Kent is not a game changing recruit. Period.

Who has said he was a game changing recruit? We've just stated that he could step in & provide us some height help. That was the main thing. Nobody that I know of has said we expected him to be a game changer buddy.

Who has said he was a game changing recruit? We've just stated that he could step in & provide us some height help. That was the main thing. Nobody that I know of has said we expected him to be a game changer buddy.

Boomer Herndon 2.0
The point is, Barnes recruiting is lacking.

Boomer Herndon 2.0
The point is, Barnes recruiting is lacking.

It is lacking a bit but this is only his 2nd year of being here. Hopefully he can start gaining some better recruits starting in 2017. I do know that CRB is a good coach. He didn't take Clemson & Texas to where they did for nothing especially Texas.

Little harsh there player.

Can't blame Tyler. Imo Stay somewhat close to home, play for a squad that has a snow balls chance at making the dance and play for a coach like Cooley. Or he could have rolled the dice and came into our smoldering dumpster fire. Hmmm

He could been a better player here. In doubt of a dumpster fire our coaches was still developing talent and players are was getting better and had to adapt to new coaches and schemes.

It is lacking a bit but this is only his 2nd year of being here. Hopefully he can start gaining some better recruits starting in 2017. I do know that CRB is a good coach. He didn't take Clemson & Texas to where they did for nothing especially Texas.

Plenty of 2nd year coaches out recruiting Barnes, and it's not close. It's as if he is starting from scratch. You'd think those facts you sited would elicit some equity in the recruiting game. Hell, it was apparent with the center out of Charlotte in his 1st year. Hired an assisant from there and still wiffed. I spent some time with that coach and can tell you he's a loser who has no idea what it means to coach at this level.

Plenty of 2nd year coaches out recruiting Barnes, and it's not close. It's as if he is starting from scratch. You'd think those facts you sited would elicit some equity in the recruiting game. Hell, it was apparent with the center out of Charlotte in his 1st year. Hired an assisant from there and still wiffed. I spent some time with that coach and can tell you he's a loser who has no idea what it means to coach at this level.

Every situation is different. How many of those 2nd year coaches were the third coach in three years at their programs?

Prior to this year, Kent attended St. Andrew’s School in Middleton, Delaware. As a junior there in 2015-16, Kent earned All-Delaware Independent School Conference acclaim after averaging 17 points and nine rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-points range and 80 percent at the free-throw line. Kent also earned third-team status on the Delaware Sportswriters and Broadcasters Association’s All-State Team.

Reactions: 1 person
Prior to this year, Kent attended St. Andrew’s School in Middleton, Delaware. As a junior there in 2015-16, Kent earned All-Delaware Independent School Conference acclaim after averaging 17 points and nine rebounds per game while shooting 58 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-points range and 80 percent at the free-throw line. Kent also earned third-team status on the Delaware Sportswriters and Broadcasters Association’s All-State Team.

I love having good free throw shooters. Some of the Pearl years were brutal to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
I love having good free throw shooters. Some of the Pearl years were brutal to watch.

Truuu and got better over the years. Seen a quote don't remember if it was in his utsports.com article but barnes said he didn't want a post man that was one way where he couldn't do anything but play in the post.

Truuu and got better over the years. Seen a quote don't remember if it was in his utsports.com article but barnes said he didn't want a post man that was one way where he couldn't do anything but play in the post.

They agree there then. He wants to multi task.

"I wanna go to a place where I’m gonna be on all different parts of the floor so I can show all the stuff I can do. I don’t wanna be limited to a certain area of the court or a certain spot. That’s important with the offensive system and state of the point guard. .”

They agree there then. He wants to multi task.

"I wanna go to a place where I’m gonna be on all different parts of the floor so I can show all the stuff I can do. I don’t wanna be limited to a certain area of the court or a certain spot. That’s important with the offensive system and state of the point guard. .”

Ok barnes is coming with a different approach to the game I think he will have plenty of success here it's just a slow process and we got a young team that could stick around for a while so depending on how the staff feels he can just cruise as long as the team has success. He's starting to come out and be a normal person and doesn't have coach speak like some other coaches and ppl are feeding off that and loving it. I think we gonna have a Rollercoaster year but we have a bright future cause we have only 2 seniors.

According to 247 Barnes is trying to add another signee in the early signing period. I imagine Stokes is first on their board.

VN Store

Back