'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

It's as follows: 1) Ordway 2) Reynolds 3) Abernathy 4) Brazil 5) Crawford 6) Martin

Dormady was an "Other to Watch" so I'd take the order with a grain of salt.

You have to remember that even though VQ's calls it "UT's board", it's VQ's guess at UT's board.

Thx. Feels like UGA lean but would love to land this cat.

CB recruiting is very quiet. I'm guessing we are taking 2, and both are already silent commits. I'm guessing they want McGraw as the other safety, and that will be it for DB recruiting. If they can't flip McGraw, then maybe we only take Griffin this class.

"This summer, I've been to camp at South Carolina. My school also went to UGA for 7-on-7's," Abernathy said. "I'm going back to UGA for Dawg Night, then the next day I'm going to Tennessee. Hopefully, this summer I can get to Ohio State, also."

"A list should be here in the next week or two," Abernathy said. "Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and Ohio State (will be on the list)".
-UGASports.com

Reactions: 1 person
Remember when uf was always on that list? Seems like we are battling less and less with uf and more with au, bama, and uga.

Definitely would rather be battling the AUs and Bamas of the world. That's a solid indicator that UT is on the rise.

Reactions: 2 people
My brother, he knows the coaches more than anybody because he was in their program, so he’s helped me out with that a lot. It’s not necessarily a difference-maker, but you’ve definitely got to take that into account.”

Abernathy said he’s looking forward to spending more time with Tennessee’s coaches and meeting some of the Vols’ current players and commitments during Saturday’s visit.

“They’ve definitely had some high recruits commit lately, and hopefully I’ll get to meet some of them up there and see what type of guys they are when I’m up there,” he said. “And I definitely want to see some of their new facilities — the new dorms they’re putting up —*and get around the coaches a lot more, get to know the coaches more. You can only get so far over the phone.”

Abernathy said he only has visited South Carolina so far this summer. He said he’s still “trying to get up to Ohio State sometime this summer” after making his scheduled trips to Georgia and Tennessee.

After those visits, it might not be long before he’s ready to narrow the list of colleges he’s considering.

“I’ll be making a list soon —*around five to seven (teams). There’s definitely a couple schools that I know for sure, but it’s not finalized yet,” said Abernathy, who holds scholarship offers from more than 20 teams, including Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida, Oregon, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

“I’ll be making my decision before November.”

Reactions: 2 people
Quotables:

“(Tennessee’s coaches have said) just that they love me and my family, and they’d love for me to be a Vol. Now I’ve got to get up there and see more of the campus — not just for a junior day — just to get around some of the guys. They tell they want me really bad. They tell me I’m a high priority on their board.”

“I know the coaching staff more than most recruits do, just because my brother played at Cincinnati when Coach Jones was there. And there are a lot of coaches at Tennessee who were at Cincinnati when my brother was there, so that helps,” the younger Abernathy said.

“My brother, he knows the coaches more than anybody because he was in their program, so he’s helped me out with that a lot. It’s not necessarily a difference-maker, but you’ve definitely got to take that into account."

“They’ve definitely had some high recruits commit lately, and hopefully I’ll get to meet some of them up there and see what type of guys they are when I’m up there,” he said. “And I definitely want to see some of their new facilities — the new dorms they’re putting up — and get around the coaches a lot more, get to know the coaches more. You can only get so far over the phone.

Ryan Callahan said he will not be able to EE (may be because his high school won't allow early graduation)

I'll take Abernathy and Miller at Corner and Ordaway at Safety to go with Griffin and call it a day in the secondary.

My brother, he knows the coaches more than anybody because he was in their program, so he’s helped me out with that a lot. It’s not necessarily a difference-maker, but you’ve definitely got to take that into account.”

Abernathy said he’s looking forward to spending more time with Tennessee’s coaches and meeting some of the Vols’ current players and commitments during Saturday’s visit.

“They’ve definitely had some high recruits commit lately, and hopefully I’ll get to meet some of them up there and see what type of guys they are when I’m up there,” he said. “And I definitely want to see some of their new facilities — the new dorms they’re putting up —*and get around the coaches a lot more, get to know the coaches more. You can only get so far over the phone.”

Abernathy said he only has visited South Carolina so far this summer. He said he’s still “trying to get up to Ohio State sometime this summer” after making his scheduled trips to Georgia and Tennessee.

After those visits, it might not be long before he’s ready to narrow the list of colleges he’s considering.

“I’ll be making a list soon —*around five to seven (teams). There’s definitely a couple schools that I know for sure, but it’s not finalized yet,” said Abernathy, who holds scholarship offers from more than 20 teams, including Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Florida, Oregon, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

5-mma-double-knockout.gif

VN Store

Back