'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

For comparison, Malik Foreman is considered our fastest player and he ran a 10.98 in high school.

FWIW, Foreman's 100m PR in high school was a 10.69. I suspect he would run that event now in the 10.4-10.5 range.

Foreman is very fast but even he doesn't have truly elite speed like UT track freshman Christian Coleman. But back to Abernathy, he has sufficient speed to get the job done on the field IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
FWIW, Foreman's 100m PR in high school was a 10.69. I suspect he would run that event now in the 10.4-10.5 range.

Foreman is very fast but even he doesn't have truly elite speed like UT track freshman Christian Coleman. But back to Abernathy, he has sufficient speed to get the job done on the field IMO.

Yes Foreman is gifted that's why I want him to take the No.2 CB spot and run with it.

Ahhh, competition...it's a very good thing.

Aside from just a few pieces, I haven't felt this good about quality depth and character maybe ever. Seeing the way Butch has resuscitated the entire mentality of football and athletic departments has been an amazing transformation to behold. Win or lose, I have the utmost of respect for Butch for his vision and care of our beloved Tennessee Volunteers! GO BIG DAMN ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
Aside from just a few pieces, I haven't felt this good about quality depth and character maybe ever. Seeing the way Butch has resuscitated the entire mentality of football and athletic departments has been an amazing transformation to behold. Win or lose, I have the utmost of respect for Butch for his vision and care of our beloved Tennessee Volunteers! GO BIG DAMN ORANGE!

Even more amazing is that he has made the transformation and changed the culture in a little over two years. That's crazy!

Mad props to anyone running 400. My high school coach made me run 400 for not making gains in the weight room. Torture pure torture.

I feel old.. It was the 440 when I ran it in high school.. Record at my school still held by Darwin Bond (1970), 46.9.. All the useless trivia aside, it's a BEAST of a race.. I hated running it..

Reactions: 2 people
I feel old.. It was the 440 when I ran it in high school.. Record at my school still held by Darwin Bond (1970), 46.9.. All the useless trivia aside, it's a BEAST of a race.. I hated running it..

Wasn't it 440 yards
400 meters

400 meters = 422 yards, so I have no clue

440yd = 402m and change.. Bond also ran the 400m at UT 45.02 (I think). He's in UT's HOF..

My conversion was based on my faulty memory that 1 meter = 38 inches
Actual conversion of 1 meter = 1.093 yards or
1 meter = 39.37 inches
You sir were correct...:hi:

VN Store

Back