'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Ahhhh so there is young Young coming in to replace the old Young? The young RB group could use a Young, but I might get confused on their youts.

fyp
xy2jPR0.gif

Reactions: 5 people
People act like UGA has been stocking elite talent for decades, and it's simply not true. For the last 3-4 years they've had great talent, and in the mid-2000s they had Moreno. People ignore the years where they had to rely on Caleb King, Ealy, Samuel, etc. Richt even ran out the no backfield line-up while Crowell was on a visit to show him how bad their RB depth was.

But Ealy, Samuel, Jasper Sanks were all 5*'s. I think King was top 3 at RB. They were still stocking the position with guys everyone wanted, they just didn't pan out.

No it's not. Kelly and Paulk are both unproven 3 stars and RDAIV won't make any kind of impact. We are very, very thin at RB

Dude, you've gotta quit paying so much attention to the star ratings. Check out some film and you can see the potential in Kelly and Paulk. Kelly will be a really good back and if reinstated, Paulk has big time potential as well. Sure they're unproven, but all young backs are when they start their careers. RDAIV will be a very capable utility back. He has plenty of experience and will do well with his opportunities IMO.

He also finished 4th in the 200 (22.14) after setting a new PR in the prelims (22.07), and he ran the opening leg for GAC's state champion 4x400 relay team.

Abernathy is not a burner by any means (100 PR of 11.36), but I think his outstanding quickness & instincts make up for his lack of tremendous speed.

Anybody that can "dash" 400 meters is scooting in my book. People like me dash to the fridge. Solid 10 yards at times. I move pretty good when the cookies come out of the oven too.

Reactions: 9 people
For someone who doesn't really know anything about track, what is the 400m? Is it one lap ?

Correct! Some people consider it the hardest event in track because it combines the raw speed needed for the srpinting events like 100m and 200m and also the endurance that the distance runners need.

Reactions: 1 person
He also finished 4th in the 200 (22.14) after setting a new PR in the prelims (22.07), and he ran the opening leg for GAC's state champion 4x400 relay team.

Abernathy is not a burner by any means (100 PR of 11.36), but I think his outstanding quickness & instincts make up for his lack of tremendous speed.

For comparison, Malik Foreman is considered our fastest player and he ran a 10.98 in high school. 11.36 proves Micah can scoot as well.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back