'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

There's no doubt Hurd was productive. I'm just concerned about the durability of his shoulder. He got hurt last year towards the end and is still in a green jersey. It may be precautionary, but still a bit of a red flag when I look at it. I agree on Kelly and Kamara is a huge upgrade over lane. I hope you're right and that everything does turn out well

I think the green jersey on Hurd and North is simply to limit the contact they take is spring so they are healthy going into summer workouts and fall camp. I don't think they are still nursing injuries from the fall.

I think the green jersey on Hurd and North is simply to limit the contact they take is spring so they are healthy going into summer workouts and fall camp. I don't think they are still nursing injuries from the fall.

Right. I said it may and probably is precautionary, but I don't think we can be 100% sure. Butch seems like a practice oriented guy that wants to have everyone out there and healthy so he can have productive practices. again could definitely be precautionary I'm just not sold on that.

There's no doubt Hurd was productive. I'm just concerned about the durability of his shoulder. He got hurt last year towards the end and is still in a green jersey. It may be precautionary, but still a bit of a red flag when I look at it. I agree on Kelly and Kamara is a huge upgrade over lane. I hope you're right and that everything does turn out well

Yeah. He is having shoulder issues. It's a result of his running style and the only thing he can do is add more muscle to his upper buddy. He needs to learn when and when not to keep churning for extra yards.

I am hoping that we pass more because, well, we have good weapons on the perimeter. Debord and Azzani have eluded to such. If so, that will certainly help the Rb's health over the season.

Hurd will more than likely have some shoulder issues from here on out, he just has to be able to manage them if he can.

Yeah. He is having shoulder issues. It's a result of his running style and the only thing he can do is add more muscle to his upper buddy. He needs to learn when and when not to keep churning for extra yards.

I am hoping that we pass more because, well, we have good weapons on the perimeter. Debord and Azzani have eluded to such. If so, that will certainly help the Rb's health over the season.

Hurd will more than likely have some shoulder issues from here on out, he just has to be able to manage them if he can.

He had no choice last year. He was getting hit at the LOS most games. The Iowa game showed his true style. He's a power slasher. He'll also have a lot more help this year. Paulk and Kelly will be huge for depth to go along with that other monster Kamara.

Reactions: 1 person
He had no choice last year. He was getting hit at the LOS most games. The Iowa game showed his true style. He's a power slasher. He'll also have a lot more help this year. Paulk and Kelly will be huge for depth to go along with that other monster Kamara.

Paulk? Did I miss something?

Our #3 RB mainly got carries only during garbage time last year even with Hurd and Lane staying banged up most of the time. The only concern depth wise this year is keeping that #11 jersey clean. If he gets banged up we couldn't beat any team in the SEC. He needs to take DeBord's advice. First down, Touchdown, or get down

Bob Mueller said it's a no go if I remember correctly

Incorrect. I checked his stats and this is the last I saw him say on the subject...

Paulk was almost guaranteed to return before all the recent bad press hit with AJ and the Tennessean witch hunts. I still think there is a very good chance he's back. Butch wants him back and he is a perfect number three back for us.

And this was posted a week earlier...

He's likely coming back. Just like DP12 said, I am very surprised this is the case.

Good chance Paulk will be back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Devrin isn't here, Hurd has yet to prove he can stay injury free, pig won't line up at RB, and neither will pearson. So while yes you were able to stack names you weren't able to give any that make me feel better. You were able to show why I'm confident at CB though so thank you for compiling that list so others can make their own decision.

Edit: Wait I remembered that Joseph Young is coming. He doesn't make me feel better really, but it's another body that is a step above a walk on.

When Tennessee won the SEC and trounced the miami hurricanes in the Sugar Bowl, Tennessee's starting RB and one CB were walkons. The walkon CB led the Sec in interceptions that year IIRC.
Never know what could happen... :salute:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back