'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

Possibly but corners can be hard to come by and if the right 3 want to commit I believe we would take these 3 due to elite talent and ability. It would prob have to be this combo for us to take 3.

We don't know how 14's CB's will pan out yet, but if I had to guess and follow my gut I'd say we got ourselves the corner to go opposite of Sutton for the next few years. I think Evan Berry will be the guy if you wanted a specific name.

We have bigger needs in our roster than DB right now. Those positions being OT, DT, and QB.

Abernathy has a big tie to Butch Jones and his staff as his older brother played for Jones at Cincinnati and the family was very impressed the first time around with how Jones and his crew carried themselves. That has opened the door for the next Abernathy and he's already visited and the Vols seem to be a team in play here.

But, the speedy Georgia athlete is wanted by all the major SEC programs and the instate Bulldogs and Alabama have made strong early impressions.

-VQ

Listed #2 on DB board.

Reactions: 3 people
Ron, where did they have Ordway and Justin Martin listed?

They have Shaun Crawford listed 4th and Martin 5th. Ordway not even listed on "others to watch" like Slayton, Britt, Douglas, McDuffie, Hughes and Bright.

I'm guessing it was a mistake to leave Ordway off. Someone has asked, I'm sure Fortenberry will respond soon.

They have Shaun Crawford listed 4th and Martin 5th. Ordway not even listed on "others to watch" like Slayton, Britt, Douglas, McDuffie, Hughes and Bright.

I'm guessing it was a mistake to leave Ordway off. Someone has asked, I'm sure Fortenberry will respond soon.

Interesting that Martin is fifth… Sure sounded from his coach's comments that he was a lock and a silent.

Interesting that Martin is fifth… Sure sounded from his coach's comments that he was a lock and a silent.

I can't read the article but I'm assuming that means the fifth overall DB not the fifth overall corner. If there are two safeties and MA in front of him then he's really not that far down the board. If this guys measurables are accurate then I would have to think he's a take, even if it's on offense.

Honestly, I'm not sure all these position updates are actually in order of preference by the staff. It doesn't actually rank them on the articles.

Reactions: 1 person
Micah Abernathy..There was a lot of eyes on Abernathy from UGA staff. He does not have a ton of film at DB. At times you can see he is still a little raw at the position, then he will step up and make back to back interceptions, like he did in a big game for GAC on Thursday. Abernathy has a high ceiling and will only get better with time. This sounds like a Georgia/Alabama battle down the line.

Ordway and Abernathy for me. I like both of those guys a lot and think/hope they will both be Vols.

It wouldn't hurt have a safety that has the speed and coverage ability of a corner. I say take three and use one as a safety.

Who are the 3 ahead of Crawford? I've seen Crawford a couple times each year since his freshman season, man is he a special athlete. He's very underrated right now IMO. He's a future lockdown corner. Hard to believe 3 guys would be ahead of him at corner.

Who are the 3 ahead of Crawford? I've seen Crawford a couple times each year since his freshman season, man is he a special athlete. He's very underrated right now IMO. He's a future lockdown corner. Hard to believe 3 guys would be ahead of him at corner.

It's as follows: 1) Ordway 2) Reynolds 3) Abernathy 4) Brazil 5) Crawford 6) Martin

Dormady was an "Other to Watch" so I'd take the order with a grain of salt.

Wow I have a hard time believing all those guys are ahead of Crawford. Maybe he's that low because he's probably a longshot. I'm not sure, but no way those guys are better talents than he is, must not like his size either, but this kid is special regardless. I'm a huge fan of Reynolds, are they really a player for him?

It's as follows: 1) Ordway 2) Reynolds 3) Abernathy 4) Brazil 5) Crawford 6) Martin

Dormady was an "Other to Watch" so I'd take the order with a grain of salt.

Pretty sure Ordway was not on the list. I think Reynolds was one, then Abernathy, Brazil, Crawford.

Wow I have a hard time believing all those guys are ahead of Crawford. Maybe he's that low because he's probably a longshot. I'm not sure, but no way those guys are better talents than he is, must not like his size either, but this kid is special regardless. I'm a huge fan of Reynolds, are they really a player for him?

Mook Reynolds is one of the top three CB's in this class IMO. If we could somehow swing him away from VT then we won't have any DB concerns for a couple years.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back