'15 GA CB Micah Abernathy (UT Signee 2/4/15)

GAC has had a great program for a number of years. I was n the area when they started their football program. They are very proud of their program as they should be.Private schools in the Atlanta area have really good athletic programs.

when did GAC start playing football? GAC bball program is one of the best in Ga.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

when did GAC start playing football? GAC bball program is one of the best in Ga.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The program really starting playing a good brand of football in the mid-late 1980s. The have been playing really competitive schedules for the last 12-15 years.

This would be a huge pick up Abernathy was huge in cbj's offence before hope this kid could do the same.

"I knew the coaching staff that was at Cincinnati since when my brother committed and they were always loyal to my brother and they were always there for him," said Abernathy of what he remembers when his brother was recruited in the class of 2011. "It was a family environment while they were at Cincinnati. I talked to my brother about it earlier and he said coach Jones is a good guy and he knows coach Jones will look out for me and he said he loved playing for coach Jones."

"I know he's hard working and I know he tries to get under your skin to see what type of player you are when you get down to it," Abernathy explained. "I like how he coaches. He's going to get me where I want to be and I know he's a great coach."

"I know they had a great recruiting class and that I know a couple of the guys in the class. I know Evan and Elliot Berry, I ran summer track with them," Abernathy added.

"I haven't put much thought into it. I want to weigh all of my options," Abernathy said. "I don't want to commit too early. I want to commit my senior year so I know I'm sure and positive on where I want to go."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Abernathy was on campus over the weekend...

"It was different. I got to see a different side of Tennessee," Abernathy said. "I got to see more of the facilities, the new stuff they are installing. It was just a different perspective I got and that was good."

"Definitely the facilities and how welcoming the coaching staff was," Abernathy explained. "I know one of their mottos is family an they definitely treat their players like family. Also, the nutrition plan and weight program they had for their athletes really stuck out to me."

"They definitely want to get to know me and I want to get to know them over the next few weeks and months and that's good," Abernathy said. Abernathy's parents came along with him and he said his family and the former Cincinnati coaches were all reminiscing. "It was cool. They really liked it. They were just catching up on old times when coach Jones was at Cincinnati. It was kind of like a reunion," Abernathy added.

"I just want to wait a while and weigh all of my options and just see how it plays out," Abernathy said. "I wouldn't say anyone is leading right now. Of course me getting on campus is a big deal but I want to get on campus to more schools. So, we will see."

-VQ

Said he prefers CB to RB and UT sees him as a defensive player.

Reactions: 1 person
I really like this kid's game. Has good size as a CB and I think his film is impressive. Very nice offer list and I get the feeling he will do nothing but solidify that in the coming months. I'm in the area a lot so I will be adding some GAC games to the list I plan to attend this fall.

Seriously, how does norcross have that much talent every year? Its crazy

Edit: wrong team but in the same city

Seriously, how does norcross have that much talent every year? Its crazy

Edit: wrong team but in the same city

#1 is location near ATL...huge population.
#2 is they start developing those kids from pee wee football on. They loaded all the pee wee kids in buses and brought them to the state championship the last 2 years, just so they could already start getting the feel for big-time football. They came in wearing their jerseys. The high school coaches have their eyes on these kids from this age forward, so they know who has the potential. Then, they follow them along and make sure they are getting the proper coaching to develop. It is amazing actually. They have a system set in place, and it obviously works.

#1 is location near ATL...huge population.
#2 is they start developing those kids from pee wee football on. They loaded all the pee wee kids in buses and brought them to the state championship the last 2 years, just so they could already start getting the feel for big-time football. They came in wearing their jerseys. The high school coaches have their eyes on these kids from this age forward, so they know who has the potential. Then, they follow them along and make sure they are getting the proper coaching to develop. It is amazing actually. They have a system set in place, and it obviously works.

Yep...all of this. It's very impressive what they have going on in tha ATL. From pee-wee football up they have a great system in place and you simply cannot deny it's positive correlation with the progression of the kids and quality of football in the area.

Jimmy Frank lol

images

Reactions: 2 people
JMO, but Georgia is the number 4 state with the best D1 recruits. The population base and the solid foundation of youth football and good coaches have made it a hotbed of football.

JMO, but Georgia is the number 4 state with the best D1 recruits. The population base and the solid foundation of youth football and good coaches have made it a hotbed of football.

Just a guess.. but TX, FLA, and Cali must round out the top 3

VN Store

Back