13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 1 person
And your response was quite profound. Let me elaborate... I remember when we hired Dooley...the only thing I knew about him was his W/L record -which was below .500- everything else I had to look up on the Internet. Finding an obscure diamond in the rough is one thing. However, the W/L record by itself should have been the biggest red flag to Hammy.

With that being said, we shouldn't have to take such a gamble on a HC hire for a university with a winning tradition. What other schools with winning traditions hire coaches that clearly have more L's than W's?

Sorry again, really thought you were talking about bUTch. I was hopeful for Dools when we first hired him after that idiot kiffin left cause he seemed like an SEC guy and he was Vince's son so I figured he could coach a little. But no, before we hired him, didn't really know he existed.

In year two, the ony thing the fanbase realistically expected was some improvement. We went backwards. The KY fiasco set Dooley's seat on fire...meaning he was offically a lame-duck coach. So, one by one members of the staff realized they had no security and bailed. They also had no confidence in Dooley as a head coach. Why should they? Look at his resume. All he had ever done was lose and make excuses.

After 7 of 9 assistants jumped ship, his coaching career was dead in the water. If his own staff members knew this and took action....WHY IN THE HELL DID DAVE HART NOT DO THE SAME?!!!

Players and recruits alike knew he was a lame duck coach. Why subject them to more of the same? The difference between giving Dooley time to turn things around and a coach who came in with a record of success, is that the latter has a reputation they can stand on. Dooley had nothing.

So, we shouldn't blame Dooley. He was just doing what he does. We should thank Dave Hart for being so damn indecisive and making this program suffer for another few years because of it.

The whole making a "business" decision has me wondering what was really going on. Kinda sounds like he was told to go where the money was instead of going where he really wanted to go.
Also the fact that we were leading heading into the dead period also leads me to believe our coaches played by the rules while Urby decided to break out his prepay phone.

Anyway the kids gone and I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU and Urby in even more trouble in a few years with his history. Not surprised to hear that he was one of the coaches against removing contact restrictions, since allowing coaches to contact recruits more would remove Urbys recruiting advantage. Him contacting recruits during dead periods while other coaches played by the rules and waited for kids to call them.

All this is good for is forensics. I wanted Dooley to succeed, but boy was he a bad head coach. We're just seeing how bad now that we've taken the orange glasses off.

In year two, the ony thing the fanbase realistically expected was some improvement. We went backwards. The KY fiasco set Dooley's seat on fire...meaning he was offically a lame-duck coach. So, one by one members of the staff realized they had no security and bailed. They also had no confidence in Dooley as a head coach. Why should they? Look at his resume. All he had ever done was lose and make excuses.

After 7 of 9 assistants jumped ship, his coaching career was dead in the water. If his own staff members knew this and took action....WHY IN THE HELL DID DAVE HART NOT DO THE SAME?!!!

Players and recruits alike knew he was a lame duck coach. Why subject them to more of the same? The difference between giving Dooley time to turn things around and a coach who came in with a record of success, is that the latter has a reputation they can stand on. Dooley had nothing.

So, we shouldn't blame Dooley. He was just doing what he does. We should thank Dave Hart for being so damn indecisive and making this program suffer for another few years because of it.

Good points, especially given that Hart was still inclined to keep Dooley until the Pansybilt blowout loss.

Vonn wants a chance to be Alabama? Yeah right. He would have gotten four sure fire chances at UT, he'll be lucky to get one chance at tOSU.

You grow up a Tennessee Fan, dream of running throught the T, playing before 100'000 fans and have that oppertunity and then turn your back on us and go to Ohio St. well Bell you were no Tennessee fan you sir are a traitor. I hope you never see the field.

Reactions: 3 people
If you are saying that just because he would have had the opportunity to play Alabama more often, then you are correct. However, if you are saying that because you think UT is better than Ohio State, then you are delusional.

You do realize how bad that conference was/is right?

They would have been embarrassed way worse than LSU with the team they had. I don't care if about them being undefeated

I have not posted in the Von Bell drama, but I am sick of it. Sick of his families excuses. He is not a Vol, he is a Urban Buckeye. He chose them, turned his back on being a Vol. This Dooley blame game has given he and his family a scape goat, in Dooley. Let's drop it and I am sorry I don't wish anybody that chooses another program over TN luck. Does that mean I hate them...no he is a kid. However, TN is in the business of winning in all aspects, that is they only way TN has the passion it has now. If he wanted to be a Vol, he would have picked TN plan and simple. Butch was the coach on signing day and had nothing to do with Dooley, he knew that and he decided not to come, period.

He made a business decision. I still say he would be a vol if tn was in a stable place. Nobody envisioned the fulmer curse. Most programs might go thru two coaches in a decade, not to have 4 in half a decade.

The Bell family isn't helping to say I'm not coming bc of x coach when that coach is no longer there. Ask devin Bellamy, the coach leaves, you join your dream school, period. They are just looking for an excuse to say he didn't want to come.

you say you want to drop it, but you start a new thread for it? counterproductive much

My point is everybody is blaming Dooley, which I said Dooley was terrible for years while people made excuses for him. Now I say Dooley had nothing to do with him not coming, they (Vonn Bell) can say he did, but it is a an excuse. Butch was the coach and the whole Vonn Bell family understood that, they are just trying to say Dooley was the reason, Dooley was not in the picture for over 2 months. Butch is the coach.

his Dad's telling him to go to a better coach...
just another example of the impact that Hart's decsion to hire Jones, and not pay for Gruden's going to have on the program

until we get a coach that pulls in top 5-10 classes, we're going ro be a 7-8 win team...

we're not making any ground when we're 25th in recruiting and our key competition is top 10, Top 5

When are you guys going to accept the fact that GRUDEN wasnt ever coming. You guys are just refusing to accept the truth and continuing to ***** and whine about everything---with no reason to do so.

We'll probably never hear the end of it. It'll resurface every time the secondary gives up a score of if someone gets hurt and the depth chart gets looked at again.

My point is everybody is blaming Dooley, which I said Dooley was terrible for years while people made excuses for him. Now I say Dooley had nothing to do with him not coming, they (Vonn Bell) can say he did, but it is a an excuse. Butch was the coach and the whole Vonn Bell family understood that, they are just trying to say Dooley was the reason, Dooley was not in the picture for over 2 months. Butch is the coach.

im pretty sure ive already ignored like 4 or 5 threads stating this exact point

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back