13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dooley is the most incompetent coach I have ever seen. He is the worst thing that ever happened to the program. I knew he was always a loser and horrible coach. I can't believe people still try to defend him. He is still effing us even after he is gone.

When you have to use Wikipedia to look up the new head coach at the University of Tennessee, it's probably not a good thing...

Reactions: 1 person
What a great advice those parents and HS coach gave Von - go to the team in the inferior conference that has proven it could never in it's history beat ANY team in the superior conference in the bowl games - but it is suddenly somehow likely to beat Bama (the best team in the superior conference)? :muahaha:

Gruden was never coming here.....ever. Those, like you, who think otherwise are high.

Completely ignorant. Gruden was never coming here. People need to get of Gruden's sack and
move on.

he wasn't coming for CUSA money, so you get what you pay for...

Kids that grew up Tennessee fans, now get poached by Big Ten schools, because Hart like Hamilton before him went cheap

Looking forward- CBJ should use as motivation for spring/short-term.

"It's time to rise up and be champions! Ask the players what they are going to do to make it happen!!!"

Just after the last members of his signing class had faxed in their paperwork, Meyer told ESPN radio, "I asked my wife Shelley last night if she thought we'd get Vonn Bell, and she said no. The competitiveness started flowing right away, and I jumped on the phone with our guys and started working more to get him.

I wonder who his guys were and how they were able to work more to get Vonn during the dead period....?

You might have a point.... if several other HS football coaches in TN hadn't come out and talked about Dooley's lack of effort as well. So yeah, I have no problem believing Bell or his coach.

I believe Bell and his coach regarding Dools. I don't believe Bell about UT being his "dream school". You don't spurn and embarrass your dream school after they fire the coach that ignored you, hire a new coach that you think will do "great things", and then court you for 2 solid months letting you know that things are changing and that you are their most wanted recruit. The "dream" is still alive, the power T and Neyland stadium and 100k fans are still there waiting on you. I think he's full of it.

Reactions: 3 people
That's a dumb comment. No offense.

And your response was quite profound. Let me elaborate... I remember when we hired Dooley...the only thing I knew about him was his W/L record -which was below .500- everything else I had to look up on the Internet. Finding an obscure diamond in the rough is one thing. However, the W/L record by itself should have been the biggest red flag to Hammy.

With that being said, we shouldn't have to take such a gamble on a HC hire for a university with a winning tradition. What other schools with winning traditions hire coaches that clearly have more L's than W's?

We all wanted him to wait. Remember when we said the longer this thig drags out the better chance we have.
We asked for this.

Wait for what? All I heard the last 2 weeks was we had him as a silent commit and why isn't he committing already cause it'll help the class. I don't want anybody to wait.... Wharton did it right if you ask me- committed for '14 in December. Come on Hurd, Kelly Jr, Bates, Berry Twins, Paulk.... Sign for '14 to-freaking-day!!

My first and absolute last thoughts on Vonn Bell.

He had the opportunity to become a Vol legend,move on to the NFL, and to be loved and revered by hundreds of thousands of Tn. fans for the rest of his life.

He chose Tatoo U (a team with one,count em, ONE bowl win over an SEC opponent in their entire school history).

In five years there probably won't be 10 people in the entire state of Ohio (or Tennessee for that matter) who will even remember his name.

karma . Live with it.

I'm done with him.:flush:

Beautifully said. Could've been Eric Berry 2.0

so many of yall trashed von when it was a obvious situation of OSU recruited him HARDER cuz of dooley and longer

just because he said he was a vol fan

If you are saying that just because he would have had the opportunity to play Alabama more often, then you are correct. However, if you are saying that because you think UT is better than Ohio State, then you are delusional.

I think UT is better than OHIO state..I am saying this coz I have been to their games..seen them play and even with urban ts basically high school football in that conference..

Can anybody answer me as to why we still owe Dooley any (especially all) of his buyout money? Is UT just not willing to go the legal route or something? It's obvious as the day is full of light that he was derelict in his professional duties (for which he was contracted).

Well Vonn, go on up there to Columbus. Your going to miss the green rolling hills of the mid-south. Take your own cornbread and white beans, cause you won't find them up there. Also country ham, sweet tea, country biscuits, just to name a few.

The country up there is flat, and the wind never stops blowing. In the winter, you'll have to get use to these big piles of sooty dirty gray snow that is piled up everywhere and hope you like salt because it gets on everything, including your shoes.

And if that isn't enough, the women are on the ugly side, but, not to worry, you can always cry on Urban and Luke's shoulder, Finally, your playing in a league that gets its azz handed to it when it plays the real teams in the southeast. Moving on...........

Reactions: 4 people
Wait for what? All I heard the last 2 weeks was we had him as a silent commit and why isn't he committing already cause it'll help the class. I don't want anybody to wait.... Wharton did it right if you ask me- committed for '14 in December. Come on Hurd, Kelly Jr, Bates, Berry Twins, Paulk.... Sign for '14 to-freaking-day!!

Did you want him to commit before his ov to ktown

Can anybody answer me as to why we still owe Dooley any (especially all) of his buyout money? Is UT just not willing to go the legal route or something? It's obvious as the day is full of light that he was derelict in his professional duties (for which he was contracted).

Agree with the spirit of your post but I'm thinking his contract was airtight.

A decent article, but a little dramatic for my taste. Especially the point about blaming Dooley's lack of effort as being the primary reason.

If that was really the case, then why go overboard in making that point? My feeling is that he really didn't want to play at UT and Dooley knew it so he went elsewhere.

I think Bell and the coach at this school are full of it.

I agree because if he wasn't being recruited heavily, why was he at the school at least 4 times while we were there unofficially? It's all for show...let him go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back