13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vonn's dad is a joke.... First he says that's its because of Dooley and the relationship built with Oscar Meyer over a year and dooleys failure to get to know him......Then he says it's bc Meyer is closer to winning a natl title, that he's a proven coach, and Butch isn't there yet...... He told Vonn to make a business decision not an emotional decision....

So I ask this..... If Dooley had got him to commit to UT, and gotten to know him real good, and still gotten fired, would Bell have remained committed to UT, or changed to make a business decision??? He still wldve only known Jones for a month....

I'm calling partial BS on this one, bc his dad is a giant dbag...... Even if Dooley had put in all the work, would've been a tough pull with his dad telling him to go to a better program.... That said, Dooley sucked in his recruitment....

It doesn't matter if its a tough call or not. The fact that Dooley didn't recruit him hard left us no chance. I spoke with someone close to the situation that said we were about 7th or 8th when Butch was hired. He made it a race in one month and Bell didn't make a decision until Tuesday night. Let it go Dooley was the douche and I'm glad he is gone. At least with Butch if we lose out on a recruit it won't be a lack of effort. I hope Bell plays well and has a great career but I hope Oh St goes 0-11.

Reactions: 1 person
I call total BS on this. Dooley is no longer here yet we were still in his top 2. If Dooley was so bad in his recruiting then why was he even considering UT? Bell made his decision and now needs to be a man and stand by it and stop making excuses for that decision. Using Dooley as an excuse is total BS.

Reactions: 4 people
his Dad's telling him to go to a better coach...
just another example of the impact that Hart's decsion to hire Jones, and not pay for Gruden's going to have on the program

until we get a coach that pulls in top 5-10 classes, we're going ro be a 7-8 win team...

we're not making any ground when we're 25th in recruiting and our key competition is top 10, Top 5

Completely ignorant. Gruden was never coming here. People need to get of Gruden's sack and
move on.

I don't blame vonn or his family. They made the best possible decision. Vonn wants to play early and play for titles. He can do that there.

I was actually sitting at the table with the osu coaches when they came to the ridgeland awards banquet. This was the first time I even thought that were a threat. Up until that point I figured it was vols or bama. But they out worked us.

Bama backed off and found other big fish. Bell was osu's crown jewel. He would have been ours as well and CBJ gave it one hell of a run.

I wasn't originally excited about the jones hire. But after watching what he did in 31 days I'm sold.

Lets be honest. We never had a chance at bell before CBJ. I know that for a fact

Screw bell and Dooley. Dooley should've done more but bell should've come here anyway. We can offer immediate playing time in the sec! What an idiot. Go sit on the bench a couple of years in the big ten? Wow. But above all else the way he handled himself and ate up the spot light is ridiculous. He could've handled himself with class like Lawson or north. Both informed coaches and media in advance so that no program got humiliated on national tv. Bell didn't. And bell did it to his hometown fans and team. Screw him! Hope u enjoyed your five minutes of fame u pos!

Reactions: 5 people
As much as I disliked his decision and thought he was disingenuous about ever wanting to go to UT and being a true Vol fan, reading this article makes his decision easier to understand. Dooleys massive failures at every phase of his job, is what led to this. Thank God he singlehandedly loss the Missouri game and got blown out by Pansybilt so Hart had to fire him. Still will find it impossible to ever be a fan of Bell though

Screw bell and Dooley. Dooley should've done more but bell should've come here anyway. We can offer immediate playing time in the sec! What an idiot. Go sit on the bench a couple of years in the big ten? Wow. But above all else the way he handled himself and ate up the spot light is ridiculous. He could've handled himself with class like Lawson or north. Both informed coaches and media in advance so that no program got humiliated on national tv. Bell didn't. And bell did it to his hometown fans and team. Screw him! Hope u enjoyed your five minutes of fame u pos!

Wow, little harsh at the end but good point about how he humiliated UT on natl tv. He definitely did that. By the way, f urban Meyer.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know why I clicked on this thread. I guess just to see what could possibly be interesting about this guy who now is an opponent of ours.

Quite simply there is US and THEM. Them being anyone who is not a Volunteer. Like Derrick Green and Carl Lawson, Vonn Bell is now part of them. I haven't clicked on the Green or Lawson threads since the second they chose to go elsewhere regardless of their "warm hearted" reasons and I shouldn't have clicked this one. They are now THEM. I won't wish THEM well because I don't have time for THEM. Please let all "THEM" threads die. Sorry for contributing to the problem. VN forgive me because it won't happen again.

We have to let it go when it comes to the Bells. They have every right to make the decision they feel is best.
The really unfortunate part, and the one I have trouble letting go, is the lack of work on the part of Dooley and his staff. If they had just done the obvious with players like Bell, Herron, Ramsey, Wilkins, Morris, etc, this program would be a year ahead in climbing back up the SEC.
The silver lining is that CBJ seems to get it. Now, I just pray he's as good a coach as his results suggest.
PS - also need to get over Gruden. He obviously had no real interest in coming to UT. Even if they had given him a king's ransom and somehow got him, he would've moved on in a few years.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't blame vonn or his family. They made the best possible decision. Vonn wants to play early and play for titles. He can do that there.

I was actually sitting at the table with the osu coaches when they came to the ridgeland awards banquet. This was the first time I even thought that were a threat. Up until that point I figured it was vols or bama. But they out worked us.

Bama backed off and found other big fish. Bell was osu's crown jewel. He would have been ours as well and CBJ gave it one hell of a run.

I wasn't originally excited about the jones hire. But after watching what he did in 31 days I'm sold.

Lets be honest. We never had a chance at bell before CBJ. I know that for a fact

I was also at that table....the chicken was worse than Dooley.....

U guys are taking this too personally. I felt like it was a slap in the face too but we don't deserve him at this point. The vols in the late 90's would have landed him but not this mess of a team.

Btw. He will be playing his first year at osu and starting his second and contending for titles every year. The only thing we can guarantee is playing time. But he can get that at utc

If the rumors are true that Dooley offered to take his buyout after the Kentucky game in Lexington and leave then I put this loss on Dave Hart. I also want to know what Hart was doing for the first 2 weeks after the resignation of Dooley. That was another 2 weeks of opportunity wasted. If, the story is accurate that Gruden was never coming here, why was Hart sitting in Knoxville letting time waste when these recruits were being swayed by other schools?

Not only that but at the same time he was tying the hands of the new coach. Arkansas and Auburn both passed UT in the transition phase. I just hope that Jones is smart enough to overcome the poor administration that is going on in the athletic department. It looks like the mismanagement of UTAD produced a 25% in reductions of donations on one year. I bet that is unheard of historically.

U guys are taking this too personally. I felt like it was a slap in the face too but we don't deserve him at this point. The vols in the late 90's would have landed him but not this mess of a team.

Btw. He will be playing his first year at osu and starting his second and contending for titles every year. The only thing we can guarantee is playing time. But he can get that at utc

Agree with every point made. I still have trouble with a kid saying he grew up dreaming about UT, playing in Neyland, the power T, etc not fulfilling that dream when given the opportunity. Dooley screwed up but he's gone, you like the new coach and believe he's gonna do great things, the Power T, Neyland stadium, 100,000 fans and facilities are all still there..why not show some character, put your money where your mouth is, and be a key part of the class that begins to turn around your "childhood dream" team. Were I him and I honestly grew up wanting to play for UT and the new coach did as much to get me the last 2 months as CBJ did, I'd have signed before NSD and not done that ceremony that embarrassed UT. Still think there was some dishonesty there IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back