How have Bama become this good?

They had a 5 star running back playing scout team this week.

How is that even possible in a system with rules devised to even the recruiting playing field?

How did we have Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Travis Stephens on the same team back in the late '90s? No different then than now with Bama......SOUR GRAPES....

We just got our butts handed to us....quit screaming "cheaters" and just take it like men instead of sniveling little wuss-boys! :stop:

Reactions: 6 people
How did we have Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Travis Stephens on the same team back in the late '90s? No different then than now with Bama......SOUR GRAPES....

We just got our butts handed to us....quit screaming "cheaters" and just take it like men instead of sniveling little wuss-boys! :stop:

The monumental level of confusion between someones "hatred" of bama and them saying "bama sucks" is staggering. Good post. It will be ignored tho

I would agree with this 100% if it wasn't for the stories that continually come out like the Clinton Dix and Fluker's stuff with absolutely no teeth from the NCAA coming down on them.

Reactions: 4 people

I agree to a point. But to think Bamma is not cheating to unprecedented levels is asinine.

Please tell me what would make a kid want to go to Tuscaloosa, AL instead if Florida, Miami, or USC? Any of them will get them to the NFL.

Reactions: 6 people
If you can't beat 'em...Accuse them of cheating. Were you guys cheating when you were on top? Maybe, maybe not. I'm willing to bet Alabama runs as clean a program as any other team. Did Clinton-Dix borrow money from a coach, then pay it back? He said he did. Did Arian Foster get paid money and tacos? He said he did. Did Cam Newton's dad pimp him out to Auburn? I think he did. Manziel got money for autographs and the list goes on forever.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree to a point. But to think Bamma is not cheating to unprecedented levels is asinine.

Please tell me what would make a kid want to go to Tuscaloosa, AL instead if Florida, Miami, or USC? Any of them will get them to the NFL.

to play for Saban then the NFL

Reactions: 1 person
The way I see it, they have a huge tradition of Championships and a legacy that includes Bear Bryant. They are an iconic program in the South where it matters most. Then the fact that they have a guy like Saban, with 3 NC's in 4 seasons, they recruit the best in Alabama, or anywhere else they need to look. They build on the success and reload. They make players believe they can come to Alabama and be a star, go to the NFL and get a big ring. Once he got it going he kept it going season after season. HE DOESN'T GET LAZY! He goes back to work because next year is next year and the next team is not the one that just won a NC! In other words, he does exactly the opposite of what we did after 98'.

Reactions: 5 people
If you can't beat 'em...Accuse them of cheating. Were you guys cheating when you were on top? Maybe, maybe not. I'm willing to bet Alabama runs as clean a program as any other team. Did Clinton-Dix borrow money from a coach, then pay it back? He said he did. Did Arian Foster get paid money and tacos? He said he did. Did Cam Newton's dad pimp him out to Auburn? I think he did. Manziel got money for autographs and the list goes on forever.

This coming from a guy who's part of a fan base that blames Fulmer for Bama's downfall instead of the culture of cheating that got them there in the first place. The NCAA before Saban's buddy got there has even said as much. HaHa was paid by a coach. Period. He is still playing. Period. Meanwhile, UT has a player that did the same thing by somebody from Tuscaloosa and is still not playing. The Cam and Arian stuff came out after the fact, and Arian stuff didn't have the paper trail and evidence the other stuff did. Bama is good, no doubt. Saban is a good recruiter, no doubt. Bama is excellent at player development, no doubt. But let's not pretend the culture and documented past of cheating at Bama doesn't play a huge part in the advantage they have every single week during this crazy run you guys are having.

Give me a break.

Reactions: 13 people
This coming from a guy who's part of a fan base that blames Fulmer for Bama's downfall instead of the culture of cheating that got them there in the first place. The NCAA before Saban's buddy got there has even said as much. HaHa was paid by a coach. Period. He is still playing. Period. Meanwhile, UT has a player that did the same thing by somebody from Tuscaloosa and is still not playing. The Cam and Arian stuff came out after the fact, and Arian stuff didn't have the paper trail and evidence the other stuff did. Bama is good, no doubt. Saban is a good recruiter, no doubt. Bama is excellent at player development, no doubt. But let's not pretend the culture and documented past of cheating at Bama doesn't play a huge part in the advantage they have every single week during this crazy run you guys are having.

Give me a break.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man. See y'all later.

Reactions: 1 person
The way I see it, they have a huge tradition of Championships and a legacy that includes Bear Bryant. They are an iconic program in the South where it matters most. Then the fact that they have a guy like Saban, with 3 NC's in 4 seasons, they recruit the best in Alabama, or anywhere else they need to look. They build on the success and reload. They make players believe they can come to Alabama and be a star, go to the NFL and get a big ring. Once he got it going he kept it going season after season. HE DOESN'T GET LAZY! He goes back to work because next year is next year and the next team is not the one that just won a NC! In other words, he does exactly the opposite of what we did after 98'.

If you think Bear Bryant or tradition means sh!t to most kids today you are crazy!

Elite athletes want the opportunity to play for championships--period! BAMA has won 3 of the last 4 National Championships for starters...and appear to be on their way to another one this year!

You mistakenly assume that getting to the NFL is what drives every elite athlete, and falsely conclude that ANY good D-1 program will facilitate that desire.

Furthermore, you also falsely assume that BAMA must cheat to build the depth necessary to dominate...and completely ignore the depth we had back in the 90s that finally ran out (on offense) after the 2001 season and began our downward spiral...Were Cutcliffe and Fulmer paying players back then and suddenly stopped after the NC?

I personally find your ENTIRE line of reasoning to be juvenile.

Now--IF you would want to discuss with me the reasons why all of those ELITE athletes would want to join Ole Miss--a program that hasn't even PLAYED in the SEC championship game--I might listen to your line of reasoning. But as it is--ALABAMA WINS--and you say that's grounds for calling them cheaters.

How many NC games have Florida, Miami, or USC played for in the last 6 years since Saban has been at BAMA? And, there's a reason Urban Cryer skipped town after only 1 season without TEBOW!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Elite athletes want the opportunity to play for championships--period! BAMA has won 3 of the last 4 National Championships for starters...and appear to be on their way to another one this year!

You mistakenly assume that getting to the NFL is what drives every elite athlete, and falsely conclude that ANY good D-1 program will facilitate that desire.

Furthermore, you also falsely assume that BAMA must cheat to build the depth necessary to dominate...and completely ignore the depth we had back in the 90s that finally ran out (on offense) after the 2001 season and began our downward spiral...Were Cutcliffe and Fulmer paying players back then and suddenly stopped after the NC?

I personally find your ENTIRE line of reasoning to be juvenile.

Now--IF you would want to discuss with me the reasons why all of those ELITE athletes would want to join Ole Miss--a program that hasn't even PLAYED in the SEC championship game--I might listen to your line of reasoning. But as it is--ALABAMA WINS--and you say that's grounds for calling them cheaters.

How many NC games have Florida, Miami, or USC played for in the last 6 years since Saban has been at BAMA?

Will say it again. HaHa took money from a coach. No F'ing way he should be playing under any circumstances. Fluker funneled money to numerous players and the only ones paying the price now is UT.

Something isn't right.

Reactions: 7 people
While most head coaches busy themselves chasing 3, 4 and 5 star recruits, coach Saban seldom misses on the caliber of football player wearing those stars. Think about it?

Disagree. How many top QBs has he had to quit? Several. These kids are starting to realize they may play one year at UA after digging out of the depth chart when they can go somewhere else and play at least 3 years.

I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.

They have had the top recruiting class since 2008, and they have the best coach in the country.

Pretty easy recipe success.

Disagree. How many top QBs has he had to quit? Several. These kids are starting to realize they may play one year at UA after digging out of the depth chart when they can go somewhere else and play at least 3 years.

I don't know, how many has he had?

Will say it again. HaHa took money from a coach. No F'ing way he should be playing under any circumstances. Fluker funneled money to numerous players and the only ones paying the price now is UT.

Something isn't right.

Well--what would you say if Clinton-Dix borrowed the money after having everything he owned of value stolen from his car? That's his story--but he HAS to be a liar because he plays for BAMA, right?

No argument about Fluker getting $$--but was that an agent or the University??

I'm not trying to say that I believe that alabubba is SQUEAKY CLEAN--but I am saying that $$$ is NOT the reason they're SO GOOD!

Also--what would you say if I would tell you that the usual practice at UT when the athletes lived in Gibbs Hall (back in the mid-80s) would be for the better players to find envelopes of $$$ on their beds when they returned to their rooms?

To insinuate that BAMA's ONLY competitive edge comes from $$$ dished to players is naive at the least--because I guarantee you there are players at UT right NOW who are getting $$$ from boosters in some form or fashion...just like at EVERY OTHER D-1 program in the nation...:salute:

They had a 5 star running back playing scout team this week.

How is that even possible in a system with rules devised to even the recruiting playing field?

No offense, but do you have any fact or anything you can post or link to that backs up what you say.

Or are you just a butthurt liar?

GTFO. They started a player today known to have been paid by a coach.

Something is fishy. The fact they are this good means something isn't right, or the rules in place are worthless.

yeah...any team that beats Tennessee are breaking the rules!!! YEAH!!! and the refs are not calling stuff...yeah...thats why Tennessee gets beat...YEAH!! and Slive sucks...YEAH!!!

Reactions: 2 people
yeah...any team that beats Tennessee are breaking the rules!!! YEAH!!! and the refs are not calling stuff...yeah...thats why Tennessee gets beat...YEAH!! and Slive sucks...YEAH!!!

Don't remember saying this about any other team that has beat us the last 5 years.

VN Store

Back