How have Bama become this good?

easy. alabama is close to fl, la, tx, ms, and ga.

satan said he wanted this job over all others. hes a slimy ****head, but a smart snake.

And I have to be honest, I am amazed the man has the record that he does. He was the whipping boy of the Big Ten when he was at Michigan State... even for Purdue. I thought it was crazy when LSU hired him, and literally wondered why in the hell would they want a mediocre coach.

Whipping boy? Mediocre coach??

Michigan State hadn't had a winning record in the 5 years pre-Saban--and he led them to 4 bowl games and a 9-2 record and a top 10 ranking at the end of his last year there...

You would think that you would have learned enough to keep your mouth shut since he led LSU to a NC, and 3 NC later at Bama...Your amazement only reveals your total lack of any football IQ.....:salute:

Reactions: 2 people
Can you afford a one year old 35k Tahoe with 5k worth of wheels? Julio can and all without a job and a single Mama working at Churchs fried chicken with small kids at home. Are you blind, stupid or both? I guess she bought it for him with her Christmas bonus.

Ever been around a UT player and the cars they drive

You say it jokingly to try to take the attention off of Bama's brand of running a program, but look no further than Clit-on Dix only being suspended for 2 games for receiving money just like Mo Couch. Only difference is the uniform. Face it, if it wasn't for Bear Bryant being the biggest rulebreaker in the nation or Saban being bffs with NCAA President Mark Emmert, Bama would just be known as a bunch of Gumps still trying to make it to the next level of the evolutionary chain.

Dumb

It has been clearly explained why Mo is sitting and ha is not... If I were Saban I wouldn't risk it but he has been deemed good to go bc the money has been paid back where couch has not...still wouldn't take the risk

The same way we will, recruiting.

BTW, looking at starting lineup I counted 4 Seniors but I could see 8-10 Juniors coming out early (ha-ha, cooper, etc).

Cooper is a true soph so he's not going anywhere. Ha Ha could go early and probably will, he'll be replaced by the guy that returned the INT for a TD. Of the Starting line up we'll lose the left tackle, if he goes in the 1st round as projected (JR), RG SR, QB and Norwood SR (WR). Defense (tonights starters)2 linemen Srs, 2 LBs Srs and Ha Ha Jr if he goes early. A whole lot less than we've lost the last few years.

You're a special kind of stupid if you believe any of the current players give a **** about Bear Bryant.

Saban doesn't give a rat's a** about bama either. For the right price he would be out of there in a NY minute. He just tolerates the bunch of idiots because they let him do as he pleases.

I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.

DON'T MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE, BUT YOUR AVATAR SAYS BRITISH BORN AND RAISED. MAYBE YOU ONLY CROSSED THE "BIG POND" LAST YEAR, BUT BAMMERS HAVE BEEN CHEATING FOR YEARS. THE LAST SEVEN YEARS NOW, WE HAVE BEEN BEATEN, ALMOST DOMINATED EVERY YEAR BY THIS TEAM. I SAY READ OTHER COMMENTS. SOME REFER TO CHEATING, SOME REFER TO THEM HAVING A GREAT COACH AND HE HAS BUILT A DYNASTY. THEN RENDER YOUR OWN OPINION.. GO VOLS!!!!:rock:

DON'T MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE, BUT YOUR AVATAR SAYS BRITISH BORN AND RAISED. MAYBE YOU ONLY CROSSED THE "BIG POND" LAST YEAR, BUT BAMMERS HAVE BEEN CHEATING FOR YEARS. THE LAST SEVEN YEARS NOW, WE HAVE BEEN BEATEN, ALMOST DOMINATED EVERY YEAR BY THIS TEAM. I SAY READ OTHER COMMENTS. SOME REFER TO CHEATING, SOME REFER TO THEM HAVING A GREAT COACH AND HE HAS BUILT A DYNASTY. THEN RENDER YOUR OWN OPINION.. GO VOLS!!!!:rock:

Stop yelling.

Reactions: 2 people
Go watch 'Gamechanger.' Hate to recommend it, but it will give you good Saban insight. Dude is relentless. He's methodical. His work ethic is unmatched.

Translation: He will stop at nothing to feed his narcissistic ego up to and including cheating. It's not about the players, fans or Alabama...it's all about Nick. Know that! If it was about the players he would still be at Michigan State. It's about the success of Nick and Nick alone. a selfish self centered jack a$$

Last edited:

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

GO VOLS.

Simply, with No. 1 recruiting classes coaching can be much easier. The hardest thing can be complacency.
GO VOLS!

I need to research the background of Saban and his coaches, because I know nothing about Bama and their history really. Since becoming a fan of CFB Saban has dominated. I want to see a different champion.

You should have been around during the 1970's. That was like purgatory for a fan of anyone in the SEC but Bama. This run they are on now is even more dominant than that period.

Reactions: 1 person
Whipping boy? Mediocre coach??

Michigan State hadn't had a winning record in the 5 years pre-Saban--and he led them to 4 bowl games and a 9-2 record and a top 10 ranking at the end of his last year there...

You would think that you would have learned enough to keep your mouth shut since he led LSU to a NC, and 3 NC later at Bama...Your amazement only reveals your total lack of any football IQ.....:salute:

Um

He had finished right around .500 with his best record being 7-5 his first four years, which matches the records pretty much to a T before his arrival. His last year was the only great season he had there when he went 9-2 but he still suffered two blow outs by Purdue and Wisconsin.

I am not saying I think he's mediocre NOW by any means, but he didn't look all that great when he was there that was for damn sure. While he is an amazing coach now (and at LSU), I don't think he's as invincible coaching-wise as everyone makes him out to be either. And yes I still stand by my statement, in 1999 when he went to LSU, I was amazed they went after him based on his record so far at MSU with only 1 year being that great. Yes, MSU was highly ranked many of those years, believe me, we loved it as it padded our rankings when we beat them....

Last edited:
You should have been around during the 1970's. That was like purgatory for a fan of anyone in the SEC but Bama. This run they are on now is even more dominant than that period.
you mean back when there were no scholarship limits or annual signing limits in place? Even then there was no one team that managed this sort of a run. USC, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma all won multiple NCs in that decade. The closest thing by comparison was Nebraska's run in the 90s.

The reality is the whole state of Alabuba does not have one redeeming quality. Football is their only priority, their religion and the little bit of respect they can get. The only time Alabuba is at the top of anything is strictly by alphabetical order! Buck Fama

Saban--best coach since Bear bryant---he gets the top assistants and 5 star recruits and knows how to coach players up.

GO VOLS.

Good coaching and 7 straight years of #1-2 ranked recruiting classes! We're on our way, bama playing with the best qb in program history. See them at home next year with a new QB. Hopefully we will get much closer to them quickly!

It is OUTSTANDING Coaching, Recruitment, and Development. Not "good", outstanding. Yes Bama really is that good. They have been this good in the past, and they have had horrible teams in the past as well.

Alabama is like TN in the regard that they expect to win, expect to compete for SEC and National Championships. They put the money out to land the Coach and staff that can do it, simple as that.

Rumor has saban either retiring or moving on to texas, sounds plausible b/c there is nothing left for him to accomplish at the crapstone and texas has plenty of $$$.

VN Store

Back