How have Bama become this good?

Bama isn't that good. In CFB, you're only as good as your QB, vs. theirs. Manziel has proven that for 2 years against the Tide.

Yes, they have the talent, the coaching, the aura of winning titles.

How is that gonna help them next year when Mccarron is gone?

Book it. in 2014, they'll struggle.

They have a system. Every player looks the same year in and year out and only the names change on the uniforms. McElroy was not a feared QB but he managed the team just like AJ. AJ has been a little better. The team that dethrones them will have to compete on the recruiting trail and win some of those battles. An improving UT, FSU and Auburn will help there.

Alabama is paying these 4 star and 5 star players to sit on the bench. Thats why they have so much depth. You've never seen any programs over the years acquire this much depth and not get in trouble later down the road. Alabama football is the money maker for the SEC and NCAA. Plus if they get in trouble again they are going to get the death penalty. And I don't think the NCAA wants that.

They have a system. Every player looks the same year in and year out and only the names change on the uniforms. McElroy was not a feared QB but he managed the team just like AJ. AJ has been a little better. The team that dethrones them will have to compete on the recruiting trail and win some of those battles. An improving UT, FSU and Auburn will help there.

BAMA'S 22 recruits this year are coming from 12 different states, so far. Point being, not that many SEC teams we're butting heads with to get to 25. As long as Alabama keeps winning and putting guys in the NFL, the more the future becomes the present.

AJ at QB has destroyed Tennessee for 3 years. Just considering him as average makes Tennessee look worse that the wrong end of the score they keep finding themselves on.

And to think I expected a few replies, some insults questioning my intelligence and a quick drop to page two of the forum. Wow I opened a can of worms...

Actually, Stephen, many Tennessee fans are simply skeptical of Alabama's recruiting practices, based on their rather sordid history with the NCAA. As recently as 2009, the NCAA Committee on Infractions described the University of Alabama as a "serial repeat violator" with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA" (More on UA's textbook appeal: NCAA Committee on Infractions tagged UA as a 'serial repeat violator' with an 'abysmal' record | al.com). Having said that, Saban may be running a program that is currently in pristine compliance with the NCAA. There is no doubt whatsoever that he is an extraordinary coach and consistently outrecruits the rest of the country.

Bear Bryant was a legendary coach at Alabama but, in my opinion, Saban has elevated Alabama's play to a consistency that can be described as more truly machine-like. They win the way Neyland did quite frankly, with stifling defense and a tough running game. The fact that their offensive lines typically are so good that McCarron almost never gets his jersey dirty certainly doesn't hurt either.

VN Store

Back