How have Bama become this good?

They are really on a different level right now. All systems are clicking and they simply reload with superior talent developed by superior coaching and development. But I will say this, Saban was beatable while at LSU, but he has stepped it up considerably at Bama.

7 5th year seniors on that starting squad...after watching the mixed half starter half secondary...and then total secondary 4th quarter.

Alabama's days at #1 in the nation are numbered. Won't surprise me a bit if Nick Saban jumps ship and goes to Texas after this year.

That Secondary is an obvious start to rebuilding years which Saban is not fond of.

only 4 starting seniors, yeah real train wreck in the works. Oh and don't mention #1 recruiting class...for now. The only glaring thing I see is their backup QB is par at best.

State of Alabama produces recruits like Florida does Oranges. State of Tennessee produces recruits like we do Oranges. We fight for every recruit, UA & AU take their picks. Oh and Saban adds just a touch of winning as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I need to research the background of Saban and his coaches, because I know nothing about Bama and their history really. Since becoming a fan of CFB Saban has dominated. I want to see a different champion.

Reactions: 3 people
Really? When you bring in Top 3-5 recruiting classes over 3-5 year period and nothing but top 8-10 classes the other years and have top quality coaches who develop those players its not that hard to figure out.

Hopefully it looks like Coach Jones and this staff have us headed in that direction.

Whatever. Derrick Dooley could win the MNC with their recruits, and I am not joking. AT ALL.

How is it that one of their 2013 recruits openly waved wads of cash on twitter and nothing was done?

I am not touching the NCAA crap, but the NCAA does not take the field and I think you give Dooley too much credit.

Name a better coach than Saban? I don't like him either but he puts together winning teams. I don't know how he does it, or how legit it is being done, but all he does is win.

only 4 starting seniors, yeah real train wreck in the works. Oh and don't mention #1 recruiting class...for now. The only glaring thing I see is their backup QB is par at best.
They ll go back to running the football and play D.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Years and years of cheating, telling recruits what they wanna hear, then grey shirting them. More cheating, and then having the refs, mark emmeret and the ncaa in your side pocket..

Reactions: 9 people
Stephen, seeing as how you're English, I would expect better grammar on your part. Also, why are you posting here and not in the zone?

I am going to make a return to the zone soon, just been too captivated in the Football topics recently. What's up with my grammar?

Years and years of cheating, telling recruits what they wanna hear, then grey shirting them. More cheating, and then having the refs, mark emmeret and the ncaa in your side pocket..

Don't know about the rest of your post, but I firmly believe the bolded. Living in Bama the fans basically admit it.

Reactions: 4 people
Sign a full 25 player class (100) in the last 4 years.
Force out players that don't cut it.
Have so much talent that you have half the players starting 5 year seniors allowing the backups to be seniors and juniors.
Convince recruits they don't have the wait 3 or 4 years to start.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.

this is the main reason

"Is it really just good coaching and recruiting"

make no mistake about it,Saban is a really great coach and they recruit very well

Stephen, seeing as how you're English, I would expect better grammar on your part. Also, why are you posting here and not in the zone?
? If you're talking about "Bama have" and "Bama are", the Brits use plural forms of verbs for teams, even when the team name is singular. True, sounds strange.

Last edited:
If Saban was a football genius he wouldn't have skipped out on the NFL one step ahead of Don Shulas firing squad. Obviously, Saban is at the top of the college game and part of being at the top of that game means cutting every possible corner without getting nailed. Alabama does have some decent HS football but its no Florida, Cali, or Texas. it's not even a Georgia when it comes to in state talent. Kids want to play for a winner but the top of the class wants to to have their talent showcased early and often to maximize NFL draft position after 3 years. It is curious that so many of those elite prospects would go to a place where they know they will ride the pine for awhile and, when they do finally get to play, they're playing for a coach who has a rep for getting his players chewed up to the point that they don't last long in the pros and subsequenlty don't get drafted high.

Reactions: 6 people
Dee_Liner.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
The grey-shirting and counseling out helps. Saban is ruthless and will run off players who are injured or recruited over. The results is a loaded roster, loaded in not the most ethical manner FTR.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back