Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my point is that Gruden and our folks reached an agreement in principle, or at least that is way it was communicated. Basically, "OK let's do it boys." The reason it got so far was because everyone was working under that assumption. Otherwise it would have dissolved away much sooner, with much less fanfare.

I remain convinced that all parties are surprised and disappointed things didn't work, if in fact they didn't.

where do you get your information? If you find my first post, you'll see that a lot of the things we say line up very strongly.

I don't really think there's any surprise to it, though. In order for a small mess like this occur, both sides have to have a pretty strong understanding of what is happening and what needs to be done.

On an additional note; I was also literally just told by my buddy/"source" that apparently everything is still under control and that things are moving along, just at a slightly reverted point.

Good news, to me.

Reactions: 2 people
Babyvol told everyone when Dooley would be fired WAY before Dooley getting fired was a foregone conclusion. To my knowledge, he is the only other person I have seen come out and say it after the Miss St. game, besides myself. His info is very solid and feeds in line with the info I'm told.

Again, I cannot vouch for where he gets his information, but I can say that it is solid

You can't vouch for his sources but you say they are solid? Sounds legit. So let me guess,you have sources close to the situation saying the same thing? Well,you have done it. I believe for the third time that we are getting Gruden.

I have none. The list is just average.
We will be mediocre again for a while. Plain and simple.
Charlie strong might be from fla.... his record sucks at friggin louisville. I will support whoever the coach is but i wont endorse em

Is there anyone besides Gruden that you believe could bring Tennessee back?

Hear's an honest question: We all know that top notch recruiting at Tennessee is a must for various reasons, chief among those is not a lot of instate talent. Charlie Strong's Louisville team is currently #73 Rivals. I know it's Lousiville but he doesn't compete well with even his peers in that category. Rutgers is #29 by comparison. Should I not be nervous of his recruiting ability if he gets the job at UT?

YES you should be very nervous.

where do you get your information? If you find my first post, you'll see that a lot of the things we say line up very strongly.

I don't really think there's any surprise to it, though. In order for a small mess like this occur, both sides have to have a pretty strong understanding of what is happening and what needs to be done.

On an additional note; I was also literally just told by my buddy/"source" that apparently everything is still under control and that things are moving along, just at a slightly reverted point.

Good news, to me.

Dont be that guy...

butterface.jpeg

seriously? #scarredforlife

About the only hope I have left for all this is the hope to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe some of the strands of Gruden hope some grasp at mean something. If they don't, just roll with Strong or Mora, maybe one or two others and I'll be happy.

I'll add this...regardless of whether or not it works out, Hargis going on any radio station with a signal and absolutely SHREDDING the Knoxville media was damn near worth it. Hearing the slugs at WNML/KNS/and whatever Pennington is calling himself whine and cry will be even better.

I have zero doubt that guy doesn't bust the thing wide open. Either how it collapsed or how it happened. This deal clearly lit a fire under him. Might be fun to watch.

Reactions: 1 person
Hear's an honest question: We all know that top notch recruiting at Tennessee is a must for various reasons, chief among those is not a lot of instate talent. Charlie Strong's Louisville team is currently #73 Rivals. I know it's Lousiville but he doesn't compete well with even his peers in that category. Rutgers is #29 by comparison. Should I not be nervous of his recruiting ability if he gets the job at UT?

Maybe a little. But even the last idiot we had pulled decent talent. Couldn't coach em up worth a lick...

All of the OGs said it in this thread after MSU. That IMO is the qualifier.

If my memory serves me correctly, he was the only one, though, that gave the most accurate and correct timeline for it. A lot of people you consider to be "OGs" went from "after this game" to "after that game", etc, etc.

Yeah, gotta admit that doesn't make me feel great about Strong. I already didn't feel great, but all the talk about his awesome recruiting ability has me wondering why Louisville is so far behind in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back