Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! For me the answer would have been "classmate," "fellow alum," and "guy I almost got into a bar fight with."**

**Monday nights at Ivy's were something...

HAHA! Yeah I was down there at the same time too. Interception against Bama in 85 still plays in my mind sometimes.

Reactions: 1 person
And this babyvol character claims to have"gave us the dooley firing" but just got the date wrong. Dude,everybody and there momma knew Dooley was gonna get fired. Nobody really knew when. C'mon man. Is this the Inside information we are really feeding into? Sorry I just got beef with these so called insiders. I was actually feeding into that crap for a minute. Silly me

I'm sorry but I need to put this out there for everyone

Yes, Jon Gruden would undoubtedly bring in some solid talent that would mold into very solid players at the Tennessee. But what has really, really bugged me about this whole thing is people wanting Jon Gruden without really knowing what Jon Gruden brings to the table

Gruden would be a great coach at the college level. And I can say that with as much confidence as I can possibly throw out there. Gruden would be an OUTSTANDING coach. Not because he would bring in all the big name recruits, but because of this one reason: Jon Gruden LOVES to teach the game of football. He is obsessed with it. He's an insomniac perfectionist that likes to pass on his knowledge so that others may succeed.

I cannot stress enough how much of a passion he has for teaching the game. It is one of the biggest reasons he wants to coach at the college level. Taking his biggest desire and the fact that he can, and has done, it well makes me think, "Give him as much power as he wants. This guy is going to produce purebreds in a population of mongrels".

If you disagree with me, please tell.....actually, no. Don't. Save the time

:good!:
Appreciate you guys that came on here the last few days with insight.

Money makes it tolerable. Had a conference call today. I was on my home phone, and was texting back with my team driver while people were talking. We were making fun of people and then I let out a earth shattering burp because he dared me. The chick hosting the call immediately shut up and didn't talk for 5 seconds after my belch. I have fun, just wanna be home more.

Lol. Glad you like to class up the conference calls a bit. Hahaha.

New rumor. After successfully hiring a new coach Dave Hart will retire. He apparently has a passion for taxidermy.

badly-stuffed-animals-1.jpg

thanks for the nightmares...

Yes very true. I guess I have my hopes too high.
I need to lower them to a strong or fedora
f-it lets get ensworths coach he has won like 6 state championships in a row

Didn't say your hopes were too high, hell, I just think your an idiot

He would with most. The vocal minority is just that. The minority. If the fan base can get behind Dooley, they will get behind Strong. Over half of the people that say they will give up if he is hired, will be there supporting him come first game time

I know I will support him. What a lot of these guys don't know is the CS is one of the most respected, if not the most respected coaches in Florida among HS coaches. Ask your dad. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
You need that watch ESPN app from the commercials that is supposed to make you seem educated about football.

You're shaming yourself.

I am out of official "likes" but if ever a post deserved a like, this one does.

And shaming is possibly too mild a word.

Oh i have a feeling you know how to use google...everytime you post something...that you tend to believe...its come from some where else...and the cliff notes are not the only place i posted...it was in here first...then to the cliffs...you, like many others...want attention, so you post insanely silly "opinions"....next time...just call your mommy and have her tell you how special you are

Can you translate everything you said following the third ellipses. I am trying to make sense of it all but I'm having a tough time with so many long pauses.

^
This is a period. Use them.

"Gruden told our people" that's hearsay, not doubting u just saying that is the meaning of the word. I do hope your right.

Well, my point is that Gruden and our folks reached an agreement in principle, or at least that is way it was communicated. Basically, "OK let's do it boys." The reason it got so far was because everyone was working under that assumption. Otherwise it would have dissolved away much sooner, with much less fanfare.

I remain convinced that all parties are surprised and disappointed things didn't work, if in fact they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back