Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel like this isn't over yet. I'm with everyone saying there was a butting of heads and now each party is trying to play hardball to see who will give first. Maybe no one ever will and we will end up with somebody else, but nothing is adding up for me at all! Something's going down and I think we will have our guy one way or another. Unless LWS is right and Haslem really doesn't want Gruden and in that case you can kiss the Grude goodbye...

Gotta full Grude-on still! This is GONNA happen, I can feel it down in my pluuuummmsss...

Alabama gave Sabin every bit of control possible and then some. and Hart was there to witness it so why would he be that concerned with Gruden's requests for control?

Reactions: 1 person
We were here before Hart and we will be here after Hart, Just like Hamilton before him. AD's come and go if all this is true Hart will end up fired. Unlike Hart we are VFL and will be here when the next AD Comes.

I agree in a couple of senses, but respectfully (and i want to stress 'respectfully') disagree in another.

I think the deal has not so much soured as 'become stale'. There may be a couple of middle grounds or catching points that two ego-maniacal people can't pass up. I think, if anything, this is an 'accelerator', if you will. To me, this kind of says 'make your move, or else', and it's coming from both sides. This is a very critical period, I believe. If something is not done soon, then nothing will be done at all, in the end.

Big words=Lawyer. Who the H$$$ let Derek Dooley in here?

If you have been following this thread throughout, most OGs stand by their info. IMO

i have been following this thread... thats why im so confused. bc the ogs are so confident in their views yet the real world seems to say something else... what i dont understand is, that if Gruden is not our guy then why is Hart so silent/lazy on a our new HC

Can not answer that hypothetical question.

OV doesn't have to answer this hypothetical question...it's ALL about completely sticking it to the franchise who gave him the boot after he won them a Super Bowl. He felt he was done very wrong, and this is all about getting the final check. The set-up is in place. We all think Gruden isn't coming. Now, Tennfatz has said somewhere that a coaching hire has been made. In the same breath, Skeet is saying that Strong's name is coming up frequently, and that if Hart planned on interviewing Mora, then it had better be done before the PAC12 champ game is over, because he may already have his guy by that time. So, the set-up is that we all think it's not Gruden, and suspect that Strong is who will be announced. The final payment comes for a certain coach from a certain franchise, and then either an official statement is released shortly after or a press conference to announce the new coach at UT. We will all suspect it's Strong, because that is what we have been set-up to think...and out comes the certain coach that received that final check from the franchise that fired him. We had been told he was gonna stick it to them for every penny...he's a man of his word (which we have been told, too). All of the negative media and Lamonte coming out saying there is no interest was necessary to get the final check.

I may be way off base with this thinking, but it's what makes everything line up with what the OGs have said all along and makes sense of all the negative media storm and comments on Friday. Flame away for those that think I am trying to hold on to a thread.

Well I've been paying close attention and have been a skeptic throughout (although I did have a raging Grude most of the time).

My assessment tells me this is happening... Just doesn't make sense that it would be this cryptic and have this odd of an "ending" if there wasn't something there to begin with, and with so many completely contradicting stories from solid sources.

That said, it could definitely not happen. However, I believe there is a small chance it won't because of the big people who want it done and the big people who say Gruden wanted to be here.

I know my opinion doesn't mean much but tifwiw.

Goodnight

Charlie strong is 23-15 at Louisville. That is who we are holding out for. AWESOME

Louisville was a MESS when Strong took over after Kragthorpe.

10-2 impressive even in the Big East - nice win last night with injured QB Teddy B

Steve Kragthorpe (Big East) (2007–2009)
2007 Louisville Cardinals 6-6 3-4 T-5th
2008 Louisville Cardinals 5-7 1-6 T-7th
2009 Louisville Cardinals 4-8 1-6 T-7th
Steve Kragthorpe: 15-21 5-16

Charlie Strong (Big East) (2010–2012)
2010 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 3-4 T-5th W Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
2011 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 5-2 T-1st L Belk Bowl
2012 Louisville Cardinals 10-2 5-2 T-1st †
Charlie Strong: 24-14 13-8

i have been following this thread... thats why im so confused. bc the ogs are so confident in their views yet the real world seems to say something else... what i dont understand is, that if Gruden is not our guy then why is Hart so silent/lazy on a our new HC

He has interviewed Strong and possible Fedora today. He may have been in Oklahoma this week, but plans on interviewing Fisher and Gundy in New York this weekend/next week.

I don't know if he is being lazy, but he definitely is doing all he can to not let anyone know what he actually is doing.

I really feel like this isn't over yet. I'm with everyone saying there was a butting of heads and now each party is trying to play hardball to see who will give first. Maybe no one ever will and we will end up with somebody else, but nothing is adding up for me at all! Something's going down and I think we will have our guy one way or another. Unless LWS is right and Haslem really doesn't want Gruden and in that case you can kiss the Grude goodbye...

Gotta full Grude-on still! This is GONNA happen, I can feel it down in my pluuuummmsss...

LWS said HASLEM doesn't want Gruden now? As of when? Last night Haskew was calming everyone down after getting info from Haslem himself.

Where do people get the idea that Gruden wants to be here. Everything he or his agent has said,says the complete opposite.

That is hearsay bro

To all of my fellow VOLS! I would like to put my 2 cents worth in please. In my humble opinion the "hearsay" to everything is the "main issue". I have heard everything from gruden is in to hart was seen leaving the grassy nole in Dallas. Media, states to much with their "sources" and "reported". Where is the proof in their statements? I have yet to hear from the people in play. No press conferences, no direct statements, not even to discount all the rumors. That speaks volumes to this loyal volunteer. From a professional, ethical hell even a business stand point this all makes no sense at all.

This is nothing more than misdirection and deniability, capping with Grudens idiot kicker (agent) overkilling the situation with his "fantasy" statement. Jon Gruden is a pistol, hard core and brash person and coach. However he is and always will be rooted with Tennessee. He respects our university, Majors, Manning and especially his VOL wife. Yet I still have no statement coming from Gruden, everyone is speaking for these parties in this situation. We are really not working the coaching ranks and naming official candidates as most normal coaching searches are done.

So my honest opinion is that, yes something is still at work, time lines will end eventually and gruden will be our coach. Way to much has happened thus far. No "sources" or "reports" just an opinion from a Tennessee Volunteer that loves his program.

Reactions: 3 people
Hart is the one farkin' this whole damn thing up. His head needs to be rollin' down Neyland Drive right now. That SOB is hell bent on doing things his way even if it means burning the whole football program to the ground. Fark his stupid ass. He can die in a fire for all I care.

Righteous indignation looks good on you sam. I am with you brother. You burn em sam..you burn em all. :rock:

If you listen to Hargis, the only sticking point is the money Gruden wants for his assistants. One of those assistants was one of Hargis's sources. He's getting his info from Gruden's side, people. Listen to the interview on Basilio's website.

Absolutely. Not Knox media, not the AD, not the boosters, not LaMonte.. Gruden's people. :rock:

I'm with you. I was full Gruden since the beginning. After the article about grudens agent saying we were in fantasy land. My confidence isn't very high right now.

As do Skeeters comments about Gruden but who's counting. I'm a flip flopping liar because I do not state a belief and stick to it during evidence coming in daily, sometimes hourly. Thanks for mentioning that. I thought the same thing.

I'm a big time lurker & don't usually post, but I wanted to tell you that I don't think you are a flip flopping liar & I have appreciated all the info you have posted. Thank you :)

Louisville was a MESS when Strong took over after Kragthorpe.

10-2 impressive even in the Big East - nice win last night with injured QB Teddy B

Steve Kragthorpe (Big East) (2007–2009)
2007 Louisville Cardinals 6-6 3-4 T-5th
2008 Louisville Cardinals 5-7 1-6 T-7th
2009 Louisville Cardinals 4-8 1-6 T-7th
Steve Kragthorpe: 15-21 5-16

Charlie Strong (Big East) (2010–2012)
2010 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 3-4 T-5th W Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
2011 Louisville Cardinals 7-6 5-2 T-1st L Belk Bowl
2012 Louisville Cardinals 10-2 5-2 T-1st †
Charlie Strong: 24-14 13-8

Hey buddy... Post their schedule.. NO RANKED TEAMS.
He is an average coach. Average won't cut it at UT

However, here’s where it gets very tricky and very interesting. Last night the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported that Gruden had a contract in hand and was mulling the offer, but there was a hang up with his assistant coaches’ salaries. The writer, Stephen Hargis, has stuck to his story and says nothing is done. He went toe to toe with former UT Quarterback Erik Ainge on his radio show and let his voice be heard saying “IF Hyams is right, then it happened after midnight last night.” Hargis says he has two sources and is very confident in one of them, and the other, is a coach who would be on Gruden’s staff if he were to come to Tennessee.

Sports Shmorts: Dave Hart vs. UT boosters? If so, who wins?

Anyone have thoughts on who that is? Morris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back