Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWS has more connections than just the Knoxville media. I'm not saying he knows everything and he will even admit that alot of it is his opinion, but the guy isn't relying on Hyams or Basillo for anything.

LWS is also who vouches for babyvol being reputable and connected, and their viewpoints have differed throughout.

I know it may be speculation, but what do you think?

Hubbs has changed a few times on his positions as has everyone..

So what do you think about these new developments about boosters and who's got control and if they're even pulling in different directions?

Well folks. I am not going to lie. Today has been a real kick in the nuts.

While I lack even the remotest bit of confidence that Hart will make the best hire for UT, I have no control over what happens, so I will remain hopeful.

I have enjoyed these past couple of months interacting with you fine people.

Good night.

Dave Hart will be to landing Gruden what James Wilhoit was to beating Florida in 2004. Goat to hero. Wilhoit's miss was an accident, though. Smoke and mirrors. And I'm not buying that Dave Hart is so inept as to just realize this morning there were "rumors" going around. "Courtesy call?" Here's my call: BS.

No "inside sources" here, just common sense. The craziest thing about today is how quickly the majority of folks have dismissed the possibility of Gruden still coming to UT. And based on what? A statement from Gruden's agent, and another statement from another "unnamed source"" (a UT employee who wasn't supposed to say anything so he had to speak anonymously)?

I read the quote from Gruden's agent in the KNS. Are they the only organization he spoke to? And if so, did KNS call him or did he call KNS?

Was Ron Higgins duped by a source a while back when he tweeted of a major deal being planned to present to Gruden?

Was Glenn Carver stupid enough to base his report (Brown ownership stake) based on some second hand or internet message board? Ditto for Steven Hargis.

But move on folks, nothing to see here. Hyams and KNS said so, based on their "inside sources" which I'm guessing to be UTAD folks spinning for their own benefit.

Just my two cents. Flame away.

This is exactly the points that sensible people have tried to make. You don't have THIS MUCH SMOKE, and then someone say "we've never even spoken" and take it as 100% truth. Hubbs and Hyams have contradicted themselves more in the past week than ANYONE and everyone is taking THEIR word as law now? Makes no sense.

Well folks. I am not going to lie. Today has been a real kick in the nuts.

While I lack even the remotest bit of confidence that Hart will make the best hire for UT, I have no control over what happens, so I will remain hopeful.

I have enjoyed these past couple of months interacting with you fine people.

Good night.

Sleep well.

Gruden wanted this job. It was his and he knew that, and had told a select few that he was excited about it.

I believe you had said it earlier; "Gruden told people he was coming", and you're right. I, with you, disagree with the other gentleman.

I'm still rolling with what I've been told and what I know. I just with my buddies would get back to me as to what exactly happened in the last 24 hours. I, for one, do not believe that as many things have changed as we're being led to believe. Media is an outlet for bargaining/games, and again with what I have been fed, believe that is what we're seeing.

I don't know the answers to those questions either. It's possible things could get back on track, but that was not the tone of things last night. One thing seems clear to me -- this is not a smokescreen or media campaign. The deal soured.

LWS is also who vouches for babyvol being reputable and connected, and their viewpoints have differed throughout.

I think many of the people claiming it is done and people claiming the sides never talked all have their sources and they truly believe those sources. They believe them because they have proven to be right before, but in this case one side has to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back