Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This list includes "insiders" and even media (990 contradicts itself). I find it hard to believe something either was really, really close to happening or still could with Gruden because this list is HUGE even taking into consideration a few may have been "trolls". I will start with media because list is fewer.

Chris Low 'Gruden has reached out', "247 confirms 2 former coaches says Gruden has contacted UT", Wes Rucker 'Gruden wants Bisaccia to be S/C coach, Gary Haskew 'got big fish', Ainge, Dinocosta, Hyams "talks have broken off", and footballscoop.com.

Now to "insiders"

Springbokvol,'borovol, Little DTO, Doc_vol or docvol, yay4bray, babyvol, OCI, Orangeslice, Blackmarket803, Voldawgforever, Ericvol2096, Jayvols, Miramarvol (Tony B. imo), lexvol, volfan32, matts42012, emiddle, televol volreporter, jake , "huck" on VQ, bcartervol98, volmax, stlcardinals2618.

Did I leave anyone out? What do you all think?:hi:

Springbokvol, Little DTO, Babyvol, Yay4 bra

then who is volreporter?

Sorry for the delay. Yes I think this is still happening. I think next week but that's just my thinking. I've been told no timeframe.

OldVol: If your hypothetical is perhaps the case here, then is it fair to say LaMonte's strong words were because if Tampa had some kind of proof of a deal with UT, they could void the last payment? I am reaching probably, just wondered

Can not answer that hypothetical question.

Reactions: 3 people
I cant stop thinking of some of the things that were supposedly said by LaMonte. I could comment on several things, but this one keeps eating at me....Lamonte said he only talked to Hart for the first time today. He said that Hart called him and said that he had HEARD RUMORS (that grudens was interested) and that he wanted to call to clear the air....or something along those lines. You mean to tell me that the only thing that gave Hart any clue that Gruden could be a candidate is thathe heard Rumors? I call B.S. what do you guys think?

I dont buy it either. Hart sees rumor on twitter, Chatty paper this morning and all of a sudden says, "I should check this Gruden things out!", so calls agent for first time. No way.

... (A.)They cant tell an AD what to do when he is going rogue. He will get to pick his coach ... (B.)It's obvious Gruden liked the publicity. I'm not convinced Gruden ever intended to come to the college level to coach. ...
I still want Gruden at Tn. If he does not come to Tn. because of A. or B. being the reason then that person/reason can eff off and a pox upon them for eternity for putting Tn. in the middle of this goat coitus.
Time for some more Cranberry Juice and Oxycodone. Passed my kidney stone, just in a pissy mood!:naughty::naughty:

Interesting point. I am trying to make myself buy in to believing it, hypothetically, but one question jumps to the front of my cerebellum.

If hypothetically, said man is waiting until the 1st on this check, why send his agent out to crap all over a very lucrative deal that might be in the works when that check stops?

Hypothetically, are you saying these 1.2 million reasons come from a television network or from a sports franchise?

Obviously talking about the Bucs, and we don't know what his contract said, but it's hard to imagine how simply being announced as a coach (in college no less) would affect what they owed him, assuming he didn't officially begin work until after the final payment was due. And your point is a good one as well--even if they needed to delay, why not just shut up for a few more days instead of letting your agent say what he said. There has to be more going on here than simply the last payment issue.

Here's my question.

The boosters pooled money and went all in on the Gru. This money was for Gru only. If Hart failed to deliver Gru the money was to be returned. Hart would then have a budget of 2.9 to hire a coach.

Here's the question.
As of 9:15 the money has not been returned. There are currently no plans to return it. Why?

And where is the $18 million that the athletic department does not have to contribute to academic scholarships?

Yes. He did a lot of due diligence that is even part of the public record now, including calling coaches about the job, getting a college staff together, reviewing Tennessee team and recruiting information, etc. And consider the public reports of people that know him -- Mortensen, La Canfora, Sharpe, C Davis, et al -- who unamously said they thought he might very well end up in college, and that UTK would be that place.

If he was just listening for kicks, including to people like Manning, he had gobs of time to politely and secretively say, "Thanks guys, but it's not for me." there would've been no issue, no rumors, no nothing. The reason talks got as far as they did is because both parties were trying to reach a deal to make him the next HC. And those talks has surpasses the point of deciding if he would like to come. That bridge was crossed weeks ago. We were down to contract details I believe -- the minutiae.

The reason the TFP had staff members quoted on the record is because they had agreed to be on standby and had intimate knowledge of an actual job on the horizon. They would have had to consider their own families, terms, etc before they could hav agreed to tell him they'd come with him. Many many things had to have already been discussed to get to such a place.

This was an 11th hour ejection button job. Don't be swayed by the media who acts like Hart tried to get in touch with him or nonsense like that.

reading this makes me think that either they planned a next week/mid december hiring and got caught off guard with the publicity the last few days

OR

that Slive's SEC Presser statement really did take the presser and boot it to next week

Basilio has been saying for weeks that Hart is the wildcard in the hire and that he may go out and hire who he wants. Hart knows that if the booster give him any problems he would resign and put the program in further turmoil.

That dog won't hunt with David Blackburn on staff. You know, the guy some of the booster's would rather have leading the program.

Yes. He did a lot of due diligence that is even part of the public record now, including calling coaches about the job, getting a college staff together, reviewing Tennessee team and recruiting information, etc. And consider the public reports of people that know him -- Mortensen, La Canfora, Sharpe, C Davis, et al -- who unamously said they thought he might very well end up in college, and that UTK would be that place.

If he was just listening for kicks, including to people like Manning, he had gobs of time to politely and secretively say, "Thanks guys, but it's not for me." there would've been no issue, no rumors, no nothing. The reason talks got as far as they did is because both parties were trying to reach a deal to make him the next HC. And those talks has surpasses the point of deciding if he would like to come. That bridge was crossed weeks ago. We were down to contract details I believe -- the minutiae.

The reason the TFP had staff members quoted on the record is because they had agreed to be on standby and had intimate knowledge of an actual job on the horizon. They would have had to consider their own families, terms, etc before they could hav agreed to tell him they'd come with him. Many many things had to have already been discussed to get to such a place.

This was an 11th hour ejection button job. Don't be swayed by the media who acts like Hart tried to get in touch with him or nonsense like that.

A lot of good info here.. Man Liper you were holding quite a bit close to the vest

Been sitting back since VII. Friday night and drinking my blues away. Waiting to tell my NE patriot loving, SEC hating friends to f-off. Help!!

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously talking about the Bucs, and we don't know what his contract said, but it's hard to imagine how simply being announced as a coach (in college no less) would affect what they owed him, assuming he didn't officially begin work until after the final payment was due. And your point is a good one as well--even if they needed to delay, why not just shut up for a few more days instead of letting your agent say what he said. There has to be more going on here than simply the last payment issue.

its the same clause our "past coaches" have in their contract

Maybe the thinking is the TFP story couldn't just be allowed to go unanswered. Actually LaMonte specifically called the provenance of the story "fantasy land."

I cant stop thinking of some of the things that were supposedly said by LaMonte. I could comment on several things, but this one keeps eating at me....Lamonte said he only talked to Hart for the first time today. He said that Hart called him and said that he had HEARD RUMORS (that grudens was interested) and that he wanted to call to clear the air....or something along those lines. You mean to tell me that the only thing that gave Hart any clue that Gruden could be a candidate is thathe heard Rumors? I call B.S. what do you guys think?

totally agree
just called him out of the blue :crazy:

There's alot of "BS" floating around this state currently...unfortunately.

You say you moderate a poker forum. Do you not think there are big bluffs being run on the media right now? As for odds, looking at all the evidence currently on the table from the last few months till today I would say the pot odds still favor pushing your chips in on Gruden. I really see no hard evidence that says a real search is being conducted.

I think you are holding 35o all in vs AA and flop comes AKK. Better analogy.

Grude is still the man..

All today did was slow the fans down.. Thats why the remarks from the agent were not that professional.. they wanted to throw a wet blanket on this fire.

All they will do is make more smoke..

Again.. where there is smoke their is fire.

Grude still has MNF obligations and has to mind his P's and Q's for TB....

Grude is coming... Ya'll stop being so easily side tracked.

Reactions: 1 person

If true then I don't buy the Hart=cause game. I see it as an ebrake for Gruden's check due to the media leaks. Connect the dots, 1st big break in media: sudden and violent halt with over the top words by the agent.

Well hypothetically speaking of course, if perhaps publicly accepting another position could possibly void the last payment structure. Hypothetically speaking.

That was my question also.... thanks for the imput OldVol I may have move back up to 85%

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back