Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, like you, have no source's, e-cred, etc etc.. And I 100% agree this is a power play but with out the boosters this thing we love doesn't go.. If the Boosters say no then that's it, they will sign off on this hire..

But I thought EG was on the Pearl hire not Martin, I could be totally wrong on this i'll admit I have no idea. So as it pertains to council I take that as what it is.. Personality factors too much on how you receive help and judging by Hart he doesn't like being told anything.

Your last point has been a sticking point for me I just cant let go.. That plusthis business of him leveraging us for an NFL job is complete BS, I love UT but no college job is better than the NFL period.. I think JG really wanted to come here too much suggests this I personally believe it just got F'd up

Not trying to be controversial or whatever I just like a good debate

A quick google, and indeed Hamilton solicited the advice of Allan Houston(Not Wade) and Grunfeld.

I'm all in with Gruden. Not because Boro, OV, Carter, SBV, Skeeter, LWS, OCI, say I should or should not be, but because I believe it's the right hire for the young men over at UT right now and in the coming years.

People can believe what they want. It's not just the right hire, it's the only hire. If Hart and the rest don't make it now, they will make it the next time...history repeating itself. Had they hired Majors instead of Battle...GBO

GRUDEN.

Bullcrap. It may be that Hart doesn't want him, but if Hart wants a job, and the people who provide that job want Gruden, then he better hire freaking Gruden.

This time, it's not up to what Hart wants. Way too much money involved to be just up to Hart.

The picture is painted that Jon wanted to be here so that nobody sours on him, and everyone thinks that Dave is the bad guy.

Then Dave swoops in, makes the deal happen when the time is right, and then he's a hero for getting it done.
You gotta source on that uplifting info?

How do you know? He is the only one on the planet who still thinks that we are getting gruden,and is still harping on it. So Im starting to wonder.

False.

I share babyvol's beliefs that we will still get Gruden.
While I cannot vouch for his sources, I can vouch for some of his information

Reactions: 1 person
so is gruden in or out? it seems to be 50/50 on this board. I seriously dont know which posters to believe or not anymore. I just want to see good football again.

If you have been following this thread throughout, most OGs stand by their info. IMO

Ok I'm not buying the whole Hart comes to the rescue scenario. He is getting crushed publicly and viewed as incompetent in the mean time.

I'm off to bed so no time for a long response but I think the OG's are telling the truth about the boosters getting the deal with Gruden and I think Hart had different ideas.

Something went down over the last few days that made the deal fall through, not sure what though. I'd like to find out. Hopefully it can get fixed and Gruden will be the coach. But it sounds like Hart has interviewed Strong and Fedora and maybe more candidates this weekend so if Gruden wants the job, everyone better get on the phones/planes/Cadillac's and make it happen SOON.

I think Hart's going to announce a new coach in the next few days and I'm hoping it's Gruden.

JMO

Good night all :hi:

Later , Ron. :hi:

What credentials do they have? Strong? Weak a$$ conference with losses to terrible teams. Mora..ummm i got nothing hes a joke

You need that watch ESPN app from the commercials that is supposed to make you seem educated about football.

You're shaming yourself.

This all just doesn't add up. The thing is, I kind of believe both sides. The devil is in the details. I will forever blame Hart and the university, but I do think LWS is right too in that you can't give Gruden everything which explains Haslam being the one to pull the plug since the family has to mitigate some risk since Bill is Governor. Still, I just can't imagine the Haslams not making this work, which is why I think ultimately it may be a mutual parting of ways. Maybe Gruden got cold feet at the 11th hour and UT did the same.

It just seems like this is setup perfectly for Hart to swoop in and save the day, as has been posted as the plan all along. I do know the Knoxville media is FOS. Hargis is right on in calling them out. THey need to quit being UT puppets. It's why the university is in the shape its in.

One more thing, I don't trust things from anyone confirmed on the AD side right now either. I have been in politics long enough to know that in situations such as these, folks are planted or asked to spread the spin on the message boards - could be for multiple reasons too.

Hart is the one farkin' this whole damn thing up. His head needs to be rollin' down Neyland Drive right now. That SOB is hell bent on doing things his way even if it means burning the whole football program to the ground. Fark his stupid ass. He can die in a fire for all I care.

I'll put on my tin foil hat for a second. How better to orchestrate a "coaching search" than to shoot for Gruden and get "rejected". Set up and conduct your other interviews, then come back to Gruden in the end after working out the earlier differences?

It's a risky damn move, and I don't think I'd try it myself, unless you were 100% certain that Gruden wouldn't back out. Otherwise, you're left scrambling for leftovers.

Same thing I was thinkning takes away from the boosters making it happen and makes Davey look like a savior to the fan base plus MNF don't end until the 17th in Nashville btw!!!

If you listen to Hargis, the only sticking point is the money Gruden wants for his assistants. One of those assistants was one of Hargis's sources. He's getting his info from Gruden's side, people. Listen to the interview on Basilio's website.

The most telling aspect that Hart flubbed the deal is what LaMonte said today. That wasn't just a simple denial, it was a complete F U to Dave Hart and Tennessee in general. Obviously, it wasn't truthful so we must ask ourselves why not just a simple no from him? Hart either pissed him off and he felt the need to belittle us, or he needed to put up a smoke screen? People have said all this stuff about a remaining Tampa payment screwing up the timing on this thing, I don't buy that...if timing is an issue, I definitely think it is because of ESPN and MNF.

I find it funny that you dont buy its because of a tampa payment issue...and that u now think its because of MNF....because you only took that stance, 40 minutes after i posted in the cliff notes thread, with links...that tampa hasnt owed gruden anything since last year.

Last edited:
False.

I share babyvol's beliefs that we will still get Gruden.
While I cannot vouch for his sources, I can vouch for some of his information

Ok,let me rephrase. He is the only OG who is still dead set that we get Gruden. I just can't believe anything anybody says on here anymore. I think everybody's sources are full of ****. My source(common sense)says we are not getting Gruden.

If you listen to Hargis, the only sticking point is the money Gruden wants for his assistants. One of those assistants was one of Hargis's sources. He's getting his info from Gruden's side, people. Listen to the interview on Basilio's website.

Thats deep

yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back