Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I hear down here in Alabama is how much they like Dooley and how nice he is. That is when you know you are screwed. I am still supporting him this season , but when they don't hate your coach , it's not a good sign.

I'll go out on a limb and say they will probably end up hating Gruden if we are lucky enough to have him as our coach.:)

Reactions: 1 person
nope, tell us

He mentioned the NIU coach who went 11-1, then mentioned the Lousiana Monroe coach. After that I quit listening because I knew he was full of shiz. However the old man who called in after the Feldman segment was fired the heck up. LOL, dude sounded about 90 years old.....yet said " if we're gonna hire a coach the by-god lets get someone who's gonna turn it around." let's go out here and give someone like Gruden a blank check and get someone here who can get it done!" I swear that's what he said.

He mentioned the NIU coach who went 11-1, then mentioned the Lousiana Monroe coach. After that I quit listening because I knew he was full of shiz. However the old man who called in after the Feldman segment was fired the heck up. LOL, dude sounded about 90 years old.....yet said " if we're gonna hire a coach the by-god lets get someone who's gonna turn it around." let's go out here and give someone like Gruden a blank check and get someone here who can get it done!" I swear that's what he said.

This is a cross-road for UT. NO WAY this hire will be another experiment and hope the coach can win. I just don't see a coordinator or small school coach getting this job.

This is a cross-road for UT. NO WAY this hire will be another experiment and hope the coach can win. I just don't see a coordinator or small school coach getting this job.

If they do that then Hart will be questioned by the masses. I'll be ticked if they go that route.

Me too! Wouldn't be "Smart" on his part.

I see what you did there....I think.

See IMO part of the problem is that they didn't finish the job when they fired Hamilton. Whoever hired, then sit and watched Hamilton butcher the athletic department should have been fired too. Would that be Jimmy Cheek?

Last edited:
I've heard back from 2 of my guys. One hasn't heard anything but said he wouldnt be surprised if the "money" folks haven't reached out to potential other coaches.

The other said that he knew for a fact that some boosters have made contact with possible replacements. I couldnt get a name or names out of him though.

To be fair he was answering the question he was asked. They asked who are some of the up and comming coaches Tennessee might look at. He said La Tech knows they got a better coach now than what they had with Dooley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back