Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was definitely a master over the Mike Dubose's, Ray Goffs and Jom Donnans of the world.

It's true that a UT fan must simply love those names, but CPF did contribute to that feeling of ecstasy those names bring us.... and it's not like their fans aren't seeing the name Derek Dooley with much of the same emotions.

It's true that a UT fan must simply love those names, but CPF did contribute to that feeling of ecstasy those names bring us.... and it's not like their fans aren't seeing the name Derek Dooley with much of the same emotions.

I'm sure they are. We are being counted for a W by those fans just like we knew we were going to win 15 years ago.

All I hear down here in Alabama is how much they like Dooley and how nice he is. That is when you know you are screwed. I am still supporting him this season , but when they don't hate your coach , it's not a good sign.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure they are. We are being counted for a W by those fans just like we knew we were going to win 15 years ago.

Not just a win... but it was fun to travel to Athens and see all those Dawg fans with their arms crossed knowing how hopeless the cause was with the coach they had at hand.

They know they'll beat us, but they want to cover the spread...

Reactions: 1 person
All I hear down here in Alabama is how much they like Dooley and how nice he is. That is when you know you are screwed. I am still supporting him this season , but when they don't hate your coach , it's not a good sign.

Nope, it's not a good sign, they're loving Dooley the same way we loved Goff at UGA and Zook at UF!

Both were such nice guys who simply needed more time.:good!:

Yeah, having the same amount of points scored on defense, as offense, in a game will do that.

The Bucs led that SB 27-3 before the Bucs defense scored any points. The D scored 21 of the 48, and their scores put the game away, but it's not like the Bucs were being shut down all day, only to be saved by the defense.

And, this is from Brad Johnson's Wiki page:

"That year Johnson also became the first ever Bucs QB to lead the NFC in passer rating at 92.9, and set new team records for touchdowns with 22, completion percentage at 62.3, consecutive passes without an interception with 187, and lowest interception percentage with 1.3%. He was NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice again against Minnesota and Atlanta."

The Bucs led that SB 27-3 before the Bucs defense scored any points.

And, this is from Brad Johnson's Wiki page:

"That year Johnson also became the first ever Bucs QB to lead the NFC in passer rating at 92.9, and set new team records for touchdowns with 22, completion percentage at 62.3, consecutive passes without an interception with 187, and lowest interception percentage with 1.3%. He was NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice again against Minnesota and Atlanta."

Monte did all that. He's a bada$$.

Dick Vermeil hadn't coached in 15 years when he was hired by the Rams. Three years later they won the Super Bowl. Great coaches don't forget how to coach.

A great front office, that gives you Issac Bruce, Tory Holt, Marshall Faulk, and lucks out on a bag-boy for a QB can do that. You got 3 HOF's on offense, and they are most definitely one of the exceptions that didn't win on defensive prowess.

No matter what, most all of us in this thread are in agreement that Dooley is in over his head, and he will more than likely be replaced after the season.

The hire will never be agreed upon. In fact, did Lovie's place ever land, or did it end up in Fantasia??

It's the same in Florida. The guys on 1010 in Jacksonville said during UT-UF week that they hope Dooley survives the season, because he's a nice guy, and they enjoy his press conferences and interviews. They said if they could have a beer at a bar with any SEC coach, it would be Dooley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back