Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard back from 2 of my guys. One hasn't heard anything but said he wouldnt be surprised if the "money" folks haven't reached out to potential other coaches.

The other said that he knew for a fact that some boosters have made contact with possible replacements. I couldnt get a name or names out of him though.

Ask him does it rhyme with Bruden?

He also mentioned the coach from Western Kentucky.

Willie Taggart has actually done a pretty bangup job at WKU.

Still little to judge on to go from WKU straight to UT though. Hart can't make a "spray and pray" hire here. He can't spend $2m and hope for a $5m/year coach.

We have to spend $5m for a $5m/year coach.

Reactions: 2 people
To be fair he was answering the question he was asked. They asked who are some of the up and comming coaches Tennessee might look at. He said La Tech knows they got a better coach now than what they had with Dooley.

He did say that and I think he's 100% correct on that. But I've already been told by a couple of "RealVolFans" that his success is coming off of what Dooley built,LOL...true story.

I've heard back from 2 of my guys. One hasn't heard anything but said he wouldnt be surprised if the "money" folks haven't reached out to potential other coaches.

The other said that he knew for a fact that some boosters have made contact with possible replacements. I couldnt get a name or names out of him though.

Thanks for the info. Get ready for a world of hate coming at you from a never ending parade of stupid. This kind of info does not set well with a certain faction of posters.

Basilio does NOT approve of this post.

Thanks for the info. Get ready for a world of hate coming at you from a never ending parade of stupid. This kind of info does not set well with a certain faction of posters.

Basilio does NOT approve of this post.

But does read it and uses it for show prep.

Well the OC from Clemson Chad Morris was one of them. He also said LA Tech wouldn't trade their current coach for their old coach.

Are you saying someone from LA Tech told him this? I mean who in the AD is going to say "yeah a winning record is great, but I'd prefer if we had our old coach back."

You do understand that 95-81 in the NFL >>>> 18-12 in the Big East?

Anything above .500 in the NFL as a career record is a GOOD record.

You are applying logic and reason where none has previously been excercised.

Last edited:
To be fair he was answering the question he was asked. They asked who are some of the up and comming coaches Tennessee might look at. He said La Tech knows they got a better coach now than what they had with Dooley.

La Tech fans are pumped that their team doesn't spend time on shower etiquette now and focuses on football.

Guys, I'm fascinated by this conversation but I think we've all seen the body of work and can't we all agree that Dooley's ceiling as a coach is not that high--so therefore---whether or not he wins these next few games or not he's not "the guy" for this program? I think Hart waits until the end of season and then makes a change.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you saying someone from LA Tech told him this? I mean who in the AD is going to say "yeah a winning record is great, but I'd prefer if we had our old coach back."

I believe it was Will West who asked him if La Tech would trade their current coach for their old coach.

You do understand that 95-81 in the NFL >>>> 18-12 in the Big East?

Anything above .500 in the NFL as a career record is a GOOD record.

You are applying logic reason where none has previously been excercised.

You guys misunderstood what he was saying. That's was another guy (eric?) was saying and he was pretty much saying what you guys are. Make sense?

Guys, I'm fascinated by this conversation but I think we've all seen the body of work and can't we all agree that Dooley's ceiling as a coach is not that high--so therefore---whether or not he wins these next few games or not he's not "the guy" for this program? I think Hart waits until the end of season and then makes a change.

Or at least until the end of October.

You guys misunderstood what he was saying. That's was another guy (eric?) was saying and he was pretty much saying what you guys are. Make sense?

Yes it does....which is why I applauded the application of logic and reason.

This is a cross-road for UT. NO WAY this hire will be another experiment and hope the coach can win. I just don't see a coordinator or small school coach getting this job.

You are exactly right. If it turns out that this team fizzles down the stretch then the next hire absolutely should not be a gamble. It should be an established - no question about it homerun hire. I don't think this would happen, but if Hart picks up a unproven HC then he should be fired.

Please bring Chuckie home. I dont want Smart as all Saban disciples have struggled so far. Im afraid Smart is another example of Sabans defense getting a premier job for one of his assistants.

Yes it does....which is why I applauded the application of logic and reason.

tumblr_mamk06D0Er1qijexs.gif

If the plug is going to get pulled, don't wait until the end of the season. Go after the guy and get him recruiting just like OSU did with Urban last year.

If the plug is going to get pulled, don't wait until the end of the season. Go after the guy and get him recruiting just like OSU did with Urban last year.

Totally. Different. Scenario.

New coach or not, some of us would still like to try to win some ball games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back