Jon Gruden thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The past couple of days this has pretty much been the only thread I read. Good stuff.

If we lose these next 4 games, or even go 1-3 in them, then I sure hope all of this comes true.

Just joined the MegaNegas. Feels good!

Liberating, no?

The only way to fight the absurdity of the logic used by those that proclaim "negas" as not being "true fans" even after sticking with UT through the last several years is to throw their false sense of superiority and melodrama right back at them. And do so with the most vehement convictions possible.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy."

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperilled in every single battle."

"If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him."

"Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy."

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."

"All war is based on deception."

- The Art of War, Sun Tzu

Liberating, no?

The only way to fight the absurdity of the logic used by those that proclaim "negas" as not being "true fans" even after sticking with UT through the last several years is to throw their false sense of superiority and melodrama right back at them. And do so with the most vehement convictions possible.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperilled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperilled in every single battle."

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."

This shall forever more be known as THE GREATEST THREAD EVER.

Pretty sure Gruden would approve of the Sun Tzu reference.

Liberating, no?

LOL, the old "true Vol fan" chant. I laugh every time someone throws that at me. I'm a Bears fan, I've sat through 10-12 yr stretches of non stop mediocrity with them. When they had Wanstadt (sp.?) and Dick Jauran I cheered like heck for them even though it was glaringly obvious that they were mediocre at best. And both would always have a decent enough year to convince some, then turn right around and SUCK! Sorry, but this is what I see with Dooley. He might win 8-9 games but will NEVER sustain or out do that level of success IMO. I'll cheer for them, still doesn't mean he should be or should have ever been the head coach at The University of Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back