UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

tmcxd0r8h4vu.jpg

Fair to say UT's opponents are having a field day with this.
I hit the "report" button on this one. Are they supposed to call me or what?

I don't think it would matter. You can start a thread on virtually any topic and these folks will nearly exhaust the world of electrons making stupid comments.

You are exactly right on this point, just wished we knew who they were so we could all avoid them, since they don’t add anything to thread, just wished we knew who they are??

I'd be mad if I were a former player now being used as fodder to promote against the team I played for.

Look here snowflake, they didn't name the former players of our coaching staff as fodder. Lmao, it was a simple resume to recruits to show what our coaching staff did with other recruits and it's impressive. Grow up

Why not promote last yrs Rookie of the Year and others who made NFL rosters FROM TENNESSEE?

It seems the coaches are most interested in promoting themselves than the program i.e. Kiffin.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it’s funny too. It’s well done and certainly expected.

But it in no way is gonna affect anything regarding our recruiting imo. And I still contend, correctly, that getting the message out to recruits that all the coaches who put all those great college players into the early rounds of the NFL draft the last decade or so are at one place, Tennessee, and not at those other schools......that is the message that’s gonna resonate much more with the recruits we’re after.

Never said it would affect recruiting much. End of the day, it's the one on one relationships these position coaches develop with players that matters most I believe.

Sitting down one on one with recruits or even with the on campus visits and coaches bringing up players they coached is a given and should be highlighted.

Opening themselves up to get roasted on Twitter and highlighting a group of players that starred for other programs while UT has routinely been lousy while those guys were in school is a bit..ahem...short sighted.

This school has been embarrassed plenty on and off the field the last decade. Yet they keep opening themselves and us fans up as targets.

This is about as goofy as "opportunity is nowhere" IMO.

Why not promote last yrs Rookie of the Year and others who made NFL rosters FROM TENNESSEE?

It seems the coaches are most interested in promoting themselves than the program i.e. Kiffin.

Yep. This makes too much sense to be posted in this thread.

Kiffin got absolutely ripped for trying to turn UT into "USC East".

Now Pruitt and company are being celebrated for heading down the same path.

Opening themselves up to get roasted on Twitter....

This school has been embarrassed plenty on and off the field the last decade. Yet they keep opening themselves and us fans up as targets.

JonsAgent, you worry WAY too much what other people on the internet think of you.

Fact is, there may be a real recruiting payoff to this angle of thought. Recruiting is the lifeblood of championship football. We want to return to championship football. This is, therefore, a legitimate approach.

Stop worrying so much about the snide comments of some dawg and bama fans.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, except none of that first round talent actually played for UT.

well it's a good thing they played for the coaches at UT then.

i mean, if you wanna promote the NFL guys we've had (and we do) that's fine. it's just a shame that most of them have been, or were, in the NFL before most of the guys we are recruiting, at the top of the board, were even born.

it's the combination of the two that makes the pitch. Tennessee has a rich tradition of sending talent to the NFL, and we have coaches now that have a track record of doing it RECENTLY.

ipso, facto, the message is you can do the same thing here AGAIN, that Bama, GA, Auburn, LSU, FSU have been doing more recently.

Past meeting Present equalling the same opportunity for a future for you in the NFL here at TN.

it's just not a bad thing.:thumbsup:

y'all thinking this is promoting other schools, is just narrow minded and soft.

Reactions: 4 people

they did, and they have, and they will continue to do so.

My current pitch of the university is that the coaches sell themselves when they are in front of applications. Public stuff should highlight Tennessee. This is like target publishing walmart ads because they just hired a manager from there.

Have to agree. I think the consensus at Alabama would have been the same among the fans. If coach Saban had started tweeting out pictures and accomplishments of LSU players as Bama's head coach we would have taken that as a slap. As it is, Bama fans don't like to bring up the Natty he was apart of down there. Bama sold itself and recruits came.

Tennessee's history of the program takes a back seat to very few in the SEC. Pruitt and staff want to make sure recruits understand their resume but the fans aren't going to be thrilled looking at pictures and names of players that they've played against and some who are mortal enemies. Unfortunately, Twitter ends up talking to everyone.

Have to agree. I think the consensus at Alabama would have been the same among the fans. If coach Saban had started tweeting out pictures and accomplishments of LSU players as Bama's head coach we would have taken that as a slap. As it is, Bama fans don't like to bring up the Natty he was apart of down there. Bama sold itself and recruits came.

Tennessee's history of the program takes a back seat to very few in the SEC. Pruitt and staff want to make sure recruits understand their resume but the fans aren't going to be thrilled looking at pictures and names of players that they've played against and some who are mortal enemies. Unfortunately, Twitter ends up talking to everyone.

there was no twitter back then, and no media hype machines for social media like there is today back then. otherwise, there's no telling what they would have done to sell the program at that point.

and bama fans were excited about Saban for exactly the reasons you stated. they may not like mentioning it, but let's not pretend it wasn't.

JonsAgent, you worry WAY too much what other people on the internet think of you.

Fact is, there may be a real recruiting payoff to this angle of thought. Recruiting is the lifeblood of championship football. We want to return to championship football. This is, therefore, a legitimate approach.

Stop worrying so much about the snide comments of some dawg and bama fans.

I am not remotely worried about what they think or anyone on here thinks. Hell, I dropped Twitter 3 years ago as it is a complete cesspool and had no use for it for my website.

I even said in an earlier comment their lampooning of the twitter post was hilarious IMO.

Walter Peyton going to school with Chris Rumph's Uncle?

That's pretty funny no matter who wrote it.

You should probably spend less time bouncing around here trying to psychoanalyze other posters while offering crayon analogies and more time just enjoying being a Vol fan even when they suck. Gallows humor has kept me on a very even keel with regards to this program the last 8 or 9 years.

the other thing that's funny about this is.....dude is also a bama transfer. :eek:lol:

irony is funny.

well it's a good thing they played for the coaches at UT then.

i mean, if you wanna promote the NFL guys we've had (and we do) that's fine. it's just a shame that most of them have been, or were, in the NFL before most of the guys we are recruiting, at the top of the board, were even born.

it's the combination of the two that makes the pitch. Tennessee has a rich tradition of sending talent to the NFL, and we have coaches now that have a track record of doing it RECENTLY.

ipso, facto, the message is you can do the same thing here AGAIN, that Bama, GA, Auburn, LSU, FSU have been doing more recently.

Past meeting Present equalling the same opportunity for a future for you in the NFL here at TN.

it's just not a bad thing.:thumbsup:

y'all thinking this is promoting other schools, is just narrow minded and soft.

Maybe you should start running UTAD's Twitter feed.

I can buy most of what you're saying here.

What's incredibly short sighted and stubborn on your part is that you(and others) absolutely cannot see or refuse to admit that the Twitter post was twisted back around and used against the Vols to make them a punchline yet again.

Maybe you should start running UTAD's Twitter feed.

I can buy most of what you're saying here.

What's incredibly short sighted and stubborn on your part is that you(and others) absolutely cannot see or refuse to admit that the Twitter post was twisted back around and used against the Vols to make them a punchline yet again.

i just don't care, cause i know the intent behind it. in the grand scheme, compared to champions of life, or 5 star hearts or any other thing that made us look bad under CBJ amongst not only fans, but with recruits and our own players, this....this is a very, very distant second.

this guy, and this staff is selling that they've coached and developed 1st round NFL talent?

and we should feel bad about that?

nah....the other fans can kick rocks for all i care. :peace2:

there was no twitter back then, and no media hype machines for social media like there is today back then. otherwise, there's no telling what they would have done to sell the program at that point.

and bama fans were excited about Saban for exactly the reasons you stated. they may not like mentioning it, but let's not pretend it wasn't.

The 2008 class that had Julio and Mark Ingram and company were perhaps the best in the Saban era. No reason not to sell Bama recruits on Bama history. It worked well enough. They came, immediately. And have been coming every year since then.

Being excited because a coach won at LSU doesn't mean you want to see posters of Marcus Spears and JaMarcus Russell and be reminded of their success as Bama fans. Not then, not today, not ever. When Saban first met the fans at halftime of a basketball game he came in wearing a purple tie. That didn't go unnoticed by the fans either and got some play.

Never said it would affect recruiting much. End of the day, it's the one on one relationships these position coaches develop with players that matters most I believe.

Sitting down one on one with recruits or even with the on campus visits and coaches bringing up players they coached is a given and should be highlighted.

Opening themselves up to get roasted on Twitter and highlighting a group of players that starred for other programs while UT has routinely been lousy while those guys were in school is a bit..ahem...short sighted.

This is about as goofy as "opportunity is nowhere" IMO.

No even remotely close imo. As someone said on radio this morning, these graphics/edits in question aren’t put out there for the average fan like you and me, they’re for the potential recruits to see.....and while a certain segment of fans like you don’t like it and think it’s “goofy”, those potential recruits see it far differently and it has a positive impact for a great many of them.

The 2008 class that had Julio and Mark Ingram and company were perhaps the best in the Saban era. No reason not to sell Bama recruits on Bama history. It worked well enough. They came, immediately. And have been coming every year since then.

Being excited because a coach won at LSU doesn't mean you want to see posters of Marcus Spears and JaMarcus Russell and be reminded of their success as Bama fans. Not then, not today, not ever. When Saban first met the fans at halftime of a basketball game he came in wearing a purple tie. That didn't go unnoticed by the fans either and got some play.
not doing, and not having the opportunity to do, are two different things.

and it's easy to monday morning qb bama 10-12 years later.

we're 5 months in. and they should use every means available to remind any recruit anywhere that this program has that rich history, and we now have coaches capable of doing it AGAIN.

and Bama fans, TN fans, GA fans ..... they're not the audience.

you're fooling yourself if you don't think Saban/Bama used that LSU experience (in whatever medium available back in the age before social media) and success as a selling point in his firs year or so.

not doing, and not having the opportunity to do, are two different things.

and it's easy to monday morning qb bama 10-12 years later.

we're 5 months in. and they should use every means available to remind any recruit anywhere that this program has that rich history, and we now have coaches capable of doing it AGAIN.

and Bama fans, TN fans, GA fans ..... they're not the audience.

you're fooling yourself if you don't think Saban/Bama used that LSU experience (in whatever medium available back in the age before social media) and success as a selling point in his firs year or so.

Sure, but he wasn't talking to the Bama fans when he did it. Twitter speaks to all. Which is why we are having this discussion. Try to keep up with my point, even a little.

VN Store

Back